Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Hi,

Optoma HD65 = $623 including shipping & customs.
Reason: Value for Money, Good reviews.
Pros: Value for Money, awesome contrast ratio, picture quality.
Cons: Placement restrictions.

I am as excited as a fluffy puppy with a new bone!

Cheers!
Congrats again mate!! Has it arrived already?

Are you the same svenkateshsmart who started this thread?:D

Congrats again mate!! Has it arrived already?

Are you the same svenkateshsmart who started this thread?:D

Hi,

yes, it has arrived yesterday and tested it on the wall, painted with ivory shade. The pictures from Billa looked brillant, yet to set it up!

Ssshhhhhhh, dont reveal it, mods are watching!

Yes, itz me! People change you know! Change is the only thing that is constant!:eek:hyeah:

Cheers!

Hi,

Cheers!

From where did you purchase the Optoma HD65 at $623.

Hi,

I have purchased Cowon iAudio 7 (8GB) for 5.5K from Cowon India distributor. Sound quality is great with the Philips SHE9800 in-ear phones.

Please note that Cowon D2 is now on stock clearance sale with the distributor (www.cowonindia.in). Interested can check the prices in the website.

In the process of moving on is fun!
I hope to join in with new purchases, but I first need to make space and hence sell off my towers & integrated amp that i are the best part of my acoustically treated AV Room/HT.

Yes, i have created a post for that, for the people keen. The could yet to be approved by the mods and be visible in sometime.

Cheers

Hi,

Cheers!

Congrats Venkatesh - Very lucky

I'm still playing my game and no luck as of yet, seems like I'll pickup a 1080p rather.

Congrats Venkatesh - Very lucky

I'm still playing my game and no luck as of yet, seems like I'll pickup a 1080p rather.

Hi,

I heard part of the story from Srini sir! Keep watching along with Srini sir, and you will end up in a surprising deal. I will also keep an eye for you, what is your preference?

Also, let me know if I can order some titles and ship it to you!

Cheers!

Yes, opened box, powered on for testing! The seller was a german student, who could not use this at his room. I must say it is rare to see sellers like him.

Cheers!

Well this might be a bit off topic but that is exactly why I am a bit skeptical to shop from ebay.....how do you know exactly that the product is new and would not hold any deformity. Who would you chase if that happenes, the seller might just stop responding.........

Hi,

I heard part of the story from Srini sir! Keep watching along with Srini sir, and you will end up in a surprising deal. I will also keep an eye for you, what is your preference?

Also, let me know if I can order some titles and ship it to you!

Cheers!

I've decided 1080p is the way to go, So I'm already finding routes to import.

Yeah go ahead and order the titles - Can expect them to shipped during 1st week of April.

Well this might be a bit off topic but that is exactly why I am a bit skeptical to shop from ebay.....how do you know exactly that the product is new and would not hold any deformity. Who would you chase if that happenes, the seller might just stop responding.........

it is indeed a dicey proposition buying online. the best bet is to buy from 100% reputation sellers after viewing feedback. most of these guys will go to great lengths to resolve issues to avoid negative feedback. i hope in this case the projector works as described.

Hi,

I have the original invoice of the product indicating the date originally purchased, and I made the transaction via paypal, which is entirely safe. The seller has not received his payment yet, the transaction is currently investigated by paypal.

If there is a problem with the product, I will report the seller to paypal and the rest will be taken care of by them. But I would never advise others to follow my route, not really for faint hearted. Sometimes it is worth taking the risk!

So, if somone wants to deal with an individual seller, get it delivered to a local us address, test the item thoroughly and then ship it out to India. Till then Paypal will safeguard you.

I hope this helps!

Cheers!

P.s.: The seller shipped me all the documents and accessories in the original box he had related to the PJ and sent the original invoice via mail before the transaction.

Last edited:
Well put Venkatesh, I have been an ebayer for last 5 years and have not had even one bad experience. Just to encourage and assure those sitting on the fence, let me describe two transactions that did not go well initially but made me happy at the end of the day.

1) I bid and bought a Momo Race Steering Wheel from ebay australia. The seller was highly rated. I did not receive the Steering even after 2 weeks. I never got any response from the seller to any of my correspondence. I started noticing that the seller was still getting good feedback for a while and suddenly there was no activity, either sales or feedback for that seller. I lodged a dispute with ebay and paypal and followed the procedure (takes around 15 to 20 days). Paypal transferred the full amount in Aussie dollars back to my Credit Card, I lost a few hundreds in currency conversion but thats fine. Curiousity made me search for transactions from that seller and I found her number. When I called to check, I learnt that she had met with an accident and was no more:sad:.

2) I bid and bought a brand new Iphone from ebay India. Seller had 100% feedback. The phone worked well on the evening of Day 1 which was spent mostly in one corner of the house where the computer was located. Next day, I realised that it had weak reception and I was getting signal only in that area in my house. Called seller, he encouraged me to do a restore (reinstall O/S), learnt something new. This did not work and he asked me to send it back to him. He checked it and told me that even the earlier phone was working fine after he restored the O/S, but he gave me an option to either take the same or a new one. I chose a new one for peace of mind. I received the replacement within 2 days after that and it works like a charm. Communication with this seller further established the fact that people really care for their feedback/ratings on ebay.

But I would never advise others to follow my route, not really for faint hearted. Sometimes it is worth taking the risk!
Through ebay, I have been able to buy several things I could never have afforded. But yeah, it is not for the faint hearted and definitely not for the skeptical lot.

Last edited:
Guys i have purchased lot of stuff on ebay india never faced any issues, bought stuff from ebay US also, will be able to give feedback on the same once it arrives next month.

Also i bought an APC Back-UPS RS, 1000VA last month for Rs 5850 to provide power backup for my Optoma HD 20 in case of power failure.

Last edited:
I bid and bought a brand new Iphone from ebay India. Seller had 100% feedback. The phone worked well on the evening of Day 1 which was spent mostly in one corner of the house where the computer was located. Next day, I realised that it had weak reception and I was getting signal only in that area in my house. Called seller, he encouraged me to do a restore (reinstall O/S), learnt something new. This did not work and he asked me to send it back to him. He checked it and told me that even the earlier phone was working fine after he restored the O/S, but he gave me an option to either take the same or a new one. I chose a new one for peace of mind. I received the replacement within 2 days after that and it works like a charm. Communication with this seller further established the fact that people really care for their feedback/ratings on ebay.
Through ebay, I have been able to buy several things I could never have afforded. But yeah, it is not for the faint hearted and definitely not for the skeptical lot.

Thanks santhol for this information, one more thing whats the difference in shopping from ebay india and ebay US (technically I mean). How does the customes and shipping work while shopping from ebay US. I am about to start buying certain very specific things for the new house, I am about to start so any help will be highly appriciated. While I am also venturing in to the site to see the terms and conditions.....and further options that might help...

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back