Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Just now I got WD 2.5 passport essential 500gb for Rs.4250(lowest cost in Mumbai)
also
MX analoge 3mtre IC (monster written on it MX-2135A) for Rs.550 (3mtr) sounding better than earlier.

Correction sam...he IS the greatest guitarist of all time :clapping:

It is subjective and open to debate to pick one guitarist. Yes he is one of the best and one of the most influential.

I would also look to Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malksteen, John McLaughlin (glory acid jazz days), Chuck Berry (no one did better riffs than him), Jimmy Page ...and the list goes on.

It is subjective and open to debate to pick one guitarist. Yes he is one of the best and one of the most influential.

I would also look to Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malksteen, John McLaughlin (glory acid jazz days), Chuck Berry (no one did better riffs than him), Jimmy Page ...and the list goes on.

+1 to that. Slash as well.

I bought this two weeks ago:

1. Marant PM5003 Amp for 17500/-
2. Jamo C405 Speakers for 31500/-
3. DAC SPK12 Oxygen Free Copper 12 AWG speaker cable (4 metres) for 180 per meter
4. MX Digital Interconnect for connecting my laptop to the amplifier 4 meter for 400/-

Got a discount of 120/- on the cables (paid 1000 for stuff worth 1120). Bought everything from Viola in Mumbai.

Really delighted to get the set of 12 lps from Deutsche Gramaphone.The condition of lps look great hope they sound great too after washing.:p
4140W80HKWL._SS500_.jpg

Amazon.com: Beethoven: The Complete Piano Sonatas: Ludwig van Beethoven, Wilhelm Kempff: Music

Bought Oppo BDP 83 from amazon as well as the regionfree kit from bluraychip.dk for 499 USD and 79 USD respectively.

Also, buying my first set of blu ray disks from amazon.co.uk (seems much cheaper than amazon.com) - King Kong (Naomi Watts version) and Incredible Hulk for around 8 gbp as well as planet Earth for 17 gbp.

Hi,

Thatz a good price! Got any freebies with that?

Cheers!

no freebies , but all acsessories included

only funny issue is the manual says Bd play back reg B but in fact on chking the unit i found it to be reg C ( not an issue to me as its mainly bought for my kid only for gaming)

sony PS3 slim 120GB ------18k with warranty

bought from national market ,bangalore

Congratts on your purchase Subhash.........
BTW I just checked your HT snaps you provided through the link in your sig and I must say its very decently made. There was just one small thing I noted, in the "Cheapest but very comfy recliners" snap. the AC cord is not looking good at all, maybe its shining too much in the snap but try to find a way to hide it.
How are JAMO C809 they seriously look befy, are they like kick ass type, you know rocking the neighbours.... :D

Congratts on your purchase Subhash.........
BTW I just checked your HT snaps you provided through the link in your sig and I must say its very decently made. There was just one small thing I noted, in the "Cheapest but very comfy recliners" snap. the AC cord is not looking good at all, maybe its shining too much in the snap but try to find a way to hide it.
How are JAMO C809 they seriously look befy, are they like kick ass type, you know rocking the neighbours.... :D

thanks sam for your inputs

abt the AC power chord , cudnt hide it behind the acoustic slims bcoz of the thickness of the wire , also to get a new point closer to the AC unit was a little bit too much work ,so left it like that and used the older electrical point ,hence the long length of the wire

will try to change the color of the wire to black , that shud take care of it a little bit

The 809s do rock

thanks sam for your inputs

abt the AC power chord , cudnt hide it behind the acoustic slims bcoz of the thickness of the wire , also to get a new point closer to the AC unit was a little bit too much work ,so left it like that and used the older electrical point ,hence the long length of the wire

will try to change the color of the wire to black , that shud take care of it a little bit

The 809s do rock

mmm look what I did.... may be the idea will click you.......

2up62bt.jpg

Do you see the black color strip running down from the wall power unit. That is my main power cord........ end of it has a belkin 8 point board dividing the power further. Even I was not able to find a way to hide the white power cord, so I figured a way to blend it with the esthatics. I bought a usual plastic strip that is used by electricians to cover up wires. Ran it across the wall with the power cord in it, then bought a spray paint (black color coz spraying it on white gave me the rust color, which is the color of my wall carpet), placed a news paper below the strip (to avoide sparying on the wall carpet) and then spray painted the entire stip running down the line till the end. The result was really good, the snap still went too bright to show the blending, but in reality it really camouflages well, and all it cost me was a spray paint and the strip. Try it, you might like it..... :)

Last edited:
Hi Subhash,

Congrats for adding PS3 for your kid... Do check and post about upscaling factor for DVD's with ps3 slim, since the reviews were found to be not in favour of that( comparing to other BD players)

Regards

Brought a Bravia EX500 32 inch yesterday for 46900/- .
The pic quality is amazing.
I have an HTPC connected to it,I am able to read the screen more clearly and legibly from a ditance of 9 feet than I used to in my earlier Samsung 32 LA650!
It looks great too.

Bought Samsung 42B450 plasma on 18th April..

price: 47,300 with SunHD free (including 1 year subscription)..
place: bajaj Kukatpally Hyd..

It got delivered the very next day.. hooked it up to my Xtreamer..The HD movies on my hard-disks look amazing on 42 inch screen :).. waiting for sunHD delivery now..

The other contender was 40B650 LCD (62.5K)... It was fullHD but for 6-8 feet viewing distance i did not find any difference.. It has network support and HD movie playback via USB ports..but i did not require because i have Xtreamer.. did not like the motion handling and color reproduction generally on all LCDs i auditioned..

Now looking for a decent HTiB to enjoy surround sound..

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back