Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

Hello ,
I think the crossover is designed in such a manner that the mids/ vocals are thro’ the horn.
That’s why many friends said the horn is a hit or a miss. But frankly I did not find that. The sound is as neutral as it gets and sounds much fuller.
The Lyrita pair is not actually cheap and that’s why many would hesitate to buy especially if it’s their first pair. But enthusiasts should at-least demo a pair to check.
Thanks - naj
Thanks for the clarification raj 😁..

I was under the impression that the 12 incher was running wide band with the horn filling the top end. Interesting that the horn covers the mids and highs. Would like to hear them sometime on my travels 😀

Congratulations, do post your experience
Thank you. Will share soon.
I am not a audiophile. I just enjoy good music. First impression was just "wow". Words were so clear and could get the feeling of different instruments clearly separated and voice coming exactly from the center.
Feel that treble is bit high and I had to turn it down a bit.
I heard few test tracks (Rock, pop, hindi, Kannada) and Vishnu Sahasranaama as well. Worked well for me in every genre. Like it.

Good day,
I have recently purchased a Marantz CD player from AVShack.in. However its almost 40 days and the shipment has not arrived. They keep on telling different excuses. Please guide if they are legitimate vendors. I think somehow,I have been cheated.
Does anyone have any experience with them and how to resolve this issue.
The reasons they give is very quite unreasonable. Not sure what to do now.

Thanks -
Naj

Good day,
I have recently purchased a Marantz CD player from AVShack.in. However its almost 40 days and the shipment has not arrived. They keep on telling different excuses. Please guide if they are legitimate vendors. I think somehow,I have been cheated.

Thanks -
Naj

I have bought few items from them and never experienced this, let us know how this unfolds

Good day,

Thanks -
Naj

https://www.hifivision.com/threads/speaker-suggestions.90307/post-1011817

Last edited:
Yes, not an AV purchase but still posting it here because I think, this is the heart of my digital boxes that are all powered up by linear power supplies from Sean Jacobs. I am not posting it here just to share what I bought but more for how it changed the music playback. Clearly reveals how bad power supplies, especially the SMPSs, suck emotions out of music.

Attachments

• jacobs2.JPG
    jacobs2.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 181
  • jacobs1.JPG
    jacobs1.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 110
I have bought few items from them and never experienced this, let us know how this unfolds
Hello ,
To update , I contacted my bank and also the payment gateway regarding the issue. The vendor Avshack.in kept on giving multiple excuses. Luckily the payment gateway assisted me and was able to secure full refund from the vendor.
Thanks - naj

Bought XTZ S2 Atmos speakers (and mount kits) for front height placement in my set up -
68ec86ef-6dbe-499a-b682-cac5d1ac5237.jpg

A pair of gloves in box for handling speaker!
1.jpg

2.jpg

In case someone wants to place speakers on top of existing speakers, they provided plates to attach
3.jpg

Speakers and grill! Note that speakers are not even shaped and hardly has any parallel sides
4.jpg

Magnetic grills
5.jpg

Speaker!
6.jpg

Mounting possible only using the compatible flushmount kit
7.jpg

And this how it look mounted over wall
8.jpg

My cinema setup is now complete (Sub in picture - Rythmik L12. Not in picture - A pair of Q Acoustics 7000i serving as Top middle speakers)
9.jpg

After 6 years of looking out in the used market forums round the world finally snagged my dream preamp from Singapore : The Shindo Vosne Romanee preamp.

Getting it from Singapore to Goa was a long story in itself and was a 2 month drama with twists and turns in the plot. But it’s finally here and working.

And the sound?
All I can say is Holy Shindo! Now I know why shindo-ism is a cult in the audio world.
I am a card carrying member now :)

Attachments

• D8CCFBC7-6FCB-4E5E-9F80-007C92796025.jpeg
    D8CCFBC7-6FCB-4E5E-9F80-007C92796025.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 134
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back