Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

sam9s

I have been on this fourms for quite a while now and I see, people sharing their reviews and purchases independently. Lets start a thread to consolidate this. Lets share our purchases pertaining to any audio/video gadgets we purchase, how so ever small or big it is.

I think this would be a great information source for all of us.

1. Also share a line or two for what made us decide that product
2. Other contenders
3. Price...ofcourse
4. Purchase date
5. Purchase place and vender details
6. Any suggestion/problem with your product purchased.
7. If possible do not forget to post a picture of your product

My latest purchase...

A.C Ryan POHD

20jifrk.jpg

I already had WD TV and so I was looking for a bit more comprehensive player which has inbuilt storage, YAMJ, and online streaming. Contenders were ofcourse xtremer and WD Live. Both were quite close contenders, I opted for POHD over WD Live because of inbuilt storage. xtremer internal storage is limited to 500-700Gb HDD also I was following the development team on each of the respective fourms closely and I found out that, POHD staff is very responsive and very fast in bringing up the updates, almost all your queries are answered and what ever is promised in firmwares is delivered....unlike Xtremer I presume....
Finally was the YAMJ which was only available in TViX (way too expensive)
I am waiting for Commercial release of YAMJ, till then I am just following the development team/members to learn as much as I can on the product.

Purchade Date: 25th FEB 2010

Purchade place: New Delhi
Vender: aqtronics Delhi
Head office ::
#1616, 8th Main Road
3rd Block Jayanagar,
Bangalore 560011 Tel: +91 80-41210347

Price : 12500 (including all taxes)

No problems AFAIK yet.......

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase Sam. This is a nice thread you have started. All these days, I used to bottle up my excitement and share it with my colleagues and friends who are mostly not interested in A/V. Now, we have a thread where we can share our excitement with members who we know will understand and appreciate the purchases.

Ok, Thanks to George, I ordered a Logitech Squeezebox Duet yesterday:yahoo:.

George has posted on how to get a super deal here

Here are further details as per the template set by Sam
1. Also share a line or two for what made us decide that product: At the bangalore HFV meet, I saw how nicely well George had implemented a Logitech Squeezebox with his NAS and decided to take the same route. Venkat's presentation in the same meet just clarified a lot of my doubts and just made my decision making easier. I already bought an etrayz NAS, so goes well with my overall plan. This also has a Wolfson DAC chip, so will be able to postpone my DAC spend.
2. Other contenders: Music Laptop + USB DAC
3. Price...ofcourse: 187 USD + some 3k INR approx for customs and shipping via Borderlinx
4. Purchase date: last evening
5. Purchase place and vendeor details: Details in link posted above
6. Any suggestion/problem with your product purchased. N/A

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase Sam. This is a nice thread you have started. All these days, I used to bottle up my excitement and share it with my colleagues and friends who are mostly not interested in A/V. Now, we have a thread where we can share our excitement with members who we know will understand and appreciate the purchases.

Ok, Thanks to George, I ordered a Logitech Squeezebox Duet yesterday:yahoo:.

George has posted on how to get a super deal here

Here are further details as per the template set by Sam
1. Also share a line or two for what made us decide that product: At the bangalore HFV meet, I saw how nicely well George had implemented a Logitech Squeezebox with his NAS and decided to take the same route. Venkat's presentation in the same meet just clarified a lot of my doubts and just made my decision making easier. I already bought an etrayz NAS, so goes well with my overall plan. This also has a Wolfson DAC chip, so will be able to postpone my DAC spend.
2. Other contenders: Music Laptop + USB DAC
3. Price...ofcourse: 187 USD + some 3k INR approx for customs and shipping via Borderlinx
4. Purchase date: last evening
5. Purchase place and vendeor details: Details in link posted above
6. Any suggestion/problem with your product purchased. N/A

Wow thats news to me.....If I had know there are chances I also might have placed an order. anyway congratts santol on your purchase......do share your thoughts on your NAS as well......

To rest of the people ...... does'nt anyone wanna share what they are purchasing.......

Purchase never end and if there is any purpose for it.

Last 3 weeks purchase as below...All from USA

1) Bluray player-Sony BDP-X2- Amazon.com: Sony BDP-BX2 Full HD 1080P Blu-Ray DVD Disc Player HDMI: Electronics

2) HD-DVD Player- toshiba HD-A3- Amazon.com: Toshiba HD-D3 HD DVD Player - Includes 2 - HD-DVD's + HDMI Cable: Electronics

3) T2- Limited edition - Amazon.com: Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set Endoskull [Blu-ray]: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong: Movies & TV

4) 25 ft HDMI cable

5) Panasonic BD Player-DMP60- Amazon.com: Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black): Electronics

Item 1,2,4 & 5 in ebay & Item 3 in amazon. Nothing great to describle all these,, self explanatory in the website itself.

Are you happy Sam to know all these... Am i eligible for Non-Spenders club <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>> Sure I am happy with the above gadgets...

Last edited:
Hi,

A good thread!

I have made the following purchases over the last 2 weeks:
1. Xtreamer with Wifi Antenna
Seller: Ebay.
Price: 8290
Gift: Giordano Wrist Watch
Reason: Best price/Giordano Watch

2. Optoma HD65 projector.
Seller: Individual from Ebay
Price: :lol:Secret for now
Reason: VFM, budget constraints!

Cheers!

Last edited:
All my purchases below within the last week...because I am just upgrading from CRT to LCD HD after a long wait for prices to come down:)

Sony KLV-46EX500 46" LCD

1. Also share a line or two for what made us decide that product
Pricing and decent PQ. Unbelievably, worked out to be cheaper (in my place of purchase - Dubai) than 47LH50YR, the other model I was considering. And the fact that the Sony Trinitron I purchased way back in 1999 is still in perfect condition did have an influence (although I know that LCDs are not CRT!)

2. Other contenders
47LH50YR, 47LH70YR
3. Price...ofcourse
5000 AED / 67K INR

5. Purchase place and vender details
Purchased in Dubai (Sharaf DG)
6. Any suggestion/problem with your product purchased
Not very happy with the SD quality, but that could be due to the fact that I use dish TV and the STB supports only RCA out. Will switch to Airtel or Sun Direct and hopefully there should be an improvement in SD PQ

Other purchases
LG DV492 upscaling DVD player - came free with the Sony EX500. Please dont even ask me about its "upscaling capabilities" or the lack of it!

Blu-Ray DVDS ordered today at Amazon.com and eagerly awaiting delivery:

Batman Begins - $14.99
Ratatouille - $19.96
Independence Day - $12.00
I, Robot - $9.99
Kung Fu Panda - $26.99
Wall-E (Two-Disc and BD Live) - $19.96
Iron Man (Ultimate Two-Disc Edition + BD Live) - $19.49
Up (Four-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + BD Live) - $17.99
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Skynet Edition) - $16.49

That's for now, and hopefully will be purchasing and setting up a decent HT in the coming few months after I gain enough knowledge through this incredible forum:)

hi,
i was very excited when i saw this thread.
below mentioned are the equipment i recently purchased and set up my home theatre.
DISLPAY: PIONEER KURO KRP-500M......As most of u know its a 50 inches full hd plasma display panel with breathtaking specs and images.

DVD PLAYER:pIONEER 410-S HDMI DVD PLAYER
BLU RAY: PIONEER BDP-320
CONNECTORS:DAIYO & BANDRIDGE
SPEAKER CABLES: AUDIOQUEST

AV RECIEVER: HARMAN KARDON 355
FRONT R & L : JBL ES-80 4 WAY TOWERS
CENTRE: JBL ES-25C
SURROUNDS: JBL ES-10
SUBWOOFERS: JBL ES250PW(WIRELESS SUB) & JBL L8400P

Purchase never end and if there is any purpose for it.

Last 3 weeks purchase as below...All from USA

1) Bluray player-Sony BDP-X2- Amazon.com: Sony BDP-BX2 Full HD 1080P Blu-Ray DVD Disc Player HDMI: Electronics

2) HD-DVD Player- toshiba HD-A3- Amazon.com: Toshiba HD-D3 HD DVD Player - Includes 2 - HD-DVD's + HDMI Cable: Electronics

3) T2- Limited edition - Amazon.com: Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set Endoskull [Blu-ray]: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton, Edward Furlong: Movies & TV

4) 25 ft HDMI cable

5) Panasonic BD Player-DMP60- Amazon.com: Panasonic DMP-BD60 Blu-ray Disc Player (Black): Electronics

Item 1,2,4 & 5 in ebay & Item 3 in amazon. Nothing great to describle all these,, self explanatory in the website itself.

Are you happy Sam to know all these... Am i eligible for Non-Spenders club <<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>> Sure I am happy with the above gadgets...

I sure am happy, serves the thread its very purpose.......
BTW 2 BR players and one HD DVD player...mmmmm......... You definately do not belong to Non Spenders club :D BTW I am curious..... 2 BR players??, is one your backup? incase the primary one goes kaaput/is stolen/borrowed or occupied by wife??? :) and HD DVD player, is it a tribute to a worthy vintage technology. :D

Last edited:
I sure am happy, serves the thread its very purpose.......
BTW 2 BR players and one HD DVD player...mmmmm......... You definately do not belong to Non Spenders club :D BTW I am curious..... 2 BR players??, is one your backup? incase the primary one goes kaaput/is stolen/borrowed or occupied by wife??? :) and HD DVD player, is it a tribute to a worthy vintage technology. :D
Srini never belonged to the Non Spender's club, infact even OP of that thread svenkateshsmart is on this thread:clapping:, guess there is nobody in that club now. Not sure about why 2 BR players, but I know Srini has a huge collection of HD DVDs and hence needs the HD DVD player.

Hi Santhosh,

1 BD Player was purchased intentionaly and another one was just like that bidded( first bidder) and the listing ended without no bidders.. So have to buy that( Pana 60). Let it be an back up as third one( already have PS3)

Yes I need HD-DVD player + second one is arriving this month end for backup( sister is giving her Player too) and have rightnow around 90+ movies and still growing. Dead become alive.

Already mentioned in the chatbox thread, but the result of my recent visit to Singapore (amounts in Singapore Dollars) was:

1. M-Audio AV40 monitor speakers S$295
2. Echo AudioFire 2 external firewire audio interface S$350

It's another story altogether (told elsewhere) that I now have to buy a new PC so that item 2 can work properly!

Hi,

I see a lot of spending going on, and to add mine to the list, ordered just 3days back some blurays,

Apocalypto
10,000BC
Mongol
Schindler's List
Ratatouille
The Incredibles
Toy Story 1/2
The Hurt Locker
BBC Planet Earth
Posiedon
Ice Age 1/2/3

price range is between Rs.700/- to Rs.1000/-, getting it from Barns and Nobles, US through a friend.

............more to come

Also got nVidia's geforce n9400 gt from a local shop here for 2.9K, it's specification is as follows,
* Graphics Engine: Geforce 9400GT
* Bus Standard: PCI Express x16 2.0
* Memory Type: GDDR2
* Memory Size(MB): 1024
* Memory Interface: 128bit
* Core Clock Speed(MHz): 550
* Memory Clock Speed(MHz): 1000
* Memory Bandwidth(GB/sec): 12.8
* Texture Fill Rate(billion/sec): 4.4
* DVI Output: 1
* D-SUB Output: 1
* TV-Output: N/A
* HDMI-Output: 1
* VIVO(Video-in/out): N/A
* HDTV Support: Y
* HDCP Support: Y
* HDMI Support: Y
* Dual-link DVI: Y
* Display Ouput(Max Resolution): 2560x1600
* RAMDACs: 400
* DirectX Version Support: 10.0
* OpenGL Version Support: 2.1

and reason for purchasing the card is to replace one of my old one.

cheers.

hi,
i was very excited when i saw this thread.
below mentioned are the equipment i recently purchased and set up my home theatre.
DISLPAY: PIONEER KURO KRP-500M......As most of u know its a 50 inches full hd plasma display panel with breathtaking specs and images.

DVD PLAYER:pIONEER 410-S HDMI DVD PLAYER
BLU RAY: PIONEER BDP-320
CONNECTORS:DAIYO & BANDRIDGE
SPEAKER CABLES: AUDIOQUEST

AV RECIEVER: HARMAN KARDON 355
FRONT R & L : JBL ES-80 4 WAY TOWERS
CENTRE: JBL ES-25C
SURROUNDS: JBL ES-10
SUBWOOFERS: JBL ES250PW(WIRELESS SUB) & JBL L8400P

Decibels congratts on your purchase......but you did not mention the source from where you purchased your stuff and the price as well (if you are ok to share the price)

Hi Santhosh,

1 BD Player was purchased intentionaly and another one was just like that bidded( first bidder) and the listing ended without no bidders.. So have to buy that( Pana 60). Let it be an back up as third one( already have PS3)

Yes I need HD-DVD player + second one is arriving this month end for backup( sister is giving her Player too) and have rightnow around 90+ movies and still growing. Dead become alive.

Man you got to start a thread "Spending Spree Elite Club" :D :D .............. Just Kidding... :)

Bought a Dell Studio 15 laptop - 45k Rs. Primarily because of Dell service and like the HDMI interface as it will now act as a source to my movies (atleast for now till the BD player comes).

Bought a logitech harmony 688 on ebay (my first purchase so screwed up on the shipment, I am waiting for it since three weeks :( )

Bought a WD Passport Elite 500 GB for Rs. 4700 as I find the external hdd slightly more difficult to handle and this was the best in the price per gb range.

Bought a few CD's from a store called idepot in Cosmos mall which was closing down so had a sale of 60% off - Nevermind (Nirvana), MTV Asia concert compilation and a Bryan Adams collection.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back