Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

After months of reading reviews, audition, wait... finally upgraded the subs... excited to test this Beauty over the weekend :)

Attachments

• D15B75F9-F963-4532-A7B7-607B417CF4FD-9FF8A98A-D548-44A3-951E-586151D7FCF7-2.jpg
    D15B75F9-F963-4532-A7B7-607B417CF4FD-9FF8A98A-D548-44A3-951E-586151D7FCF7-2.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 082F70B2-1271-459D-9F12-4CD4B3FC67B6-2.jpg
    082F70B2-1271-459D-9F12-4CD4B3FC67B6-2.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 111
LONG POST ALERT
Hello FMs
Happy Diwali in advance. To possess a hifi system has been my long cherished dream. I am no audiophile but an audio enthusiast. I started my journey as an enthusiast or music lover with a Philips valve set and HMV fiesta some 40 years ago. However over the years I bought many basic and humble rigs and till date have been collecting vinyls. I have learned the necessity of hifi separates, (amplifier, speakers, source) from my friends and HFV. Next I began to think whether it is necessary to invest money on hifi system. This year I was ready to buy an humble system within my budget. But pandemic locked my dream and I was compelled to maintain social distancing with AV stores in Kolkata Therefore the only option left was buying the rigs remotely with out audition. I began to read various threads on HFV and asked members about a system within my budget. Respected members came forward and gave me suggestions which benefited me a lot. Luckily one of the members ,an adorable one posted an advt for selling his wharefedal diamond speakers and I contacted him and bought the speaker pair and to my surprise I was given speaker wire free of cost. From this apart I got some valuable suggestions from that fellow. The next step was to procure an amplifier and it too became easy as another adorable member sold his Marantz PM 6005. So of late I have my first set of basic hifi system. I was doubtful whether I would like it over my active Philips speakers. But actually I begin to like it and i don't compare it with my Philips. Both have some virtues and both are good. I am indebted to all respected members who always helped me. My special thanks to FM Sandeepss without whom I could never have accomplished my heart's desire. Now I am listening to my vinyls and next will connect my basic Philips DVD player to my marantz amp though I am in a fix about whether I shall take DVD's digital out or connect it to tuner section of the amp using an RCA cable. Thanks for tolerating such a long as well as boring post.
Regards

Congrats!! Wish to see your Home theater tour. Post pics if possible.
Thanks
You dont want to see pictures of my HT now haha, its in a complete mess now. All the cables are exposed, have to get new sub cables coz the projector is here, its all in a mess right now. Yet to get a screen too. Planning to get a 125 or a 130 inch Scope screen as i mostly watch movies on in there.
Right now, for the time being, im projecting the image on a dark grey wall on low lamp which does the job tbh, thanks to the amazing Dynamic Tone mapping and the Theatre Optimizer which the NX 7 does.
Plus, will do the black velvet treatment of walls, ceiling in near future to achieve that " image floating in the background " effect.

Since May'20...

Used Tannoy Xt6f from a forum member here
Proac Tablette Signature series new
Cambridge Audio CXA81 new
Denon 3600h used
Rel HT1205 new
Sennheiser HD 600 new
Hifiman Arya used
Rocket 22 audioquest used
160 meters of Belden 8473 new
Bucket loads of adapters and interconnect cables
2 Google Chromecast Audio. New from Dubai

That's it. This madness needs to stop!

After months of reading reviews, audition, wait... finally upgraded the subs... excited to test this Beauty over the weekend :)
looks good, i m still hanging on my REL S2 subs which i love. I m sure the S510 are sweet, you bought a pair?

Thanks.

looks good, i m still hanging on my REL S2 subs which i love. I m sure the S510 are sweet, you bought a pair?

Thanks.

I wish I could have bought a pair.. but its certainly on my mind. I will wait for an year till I take a plunge for next one :)
But coming from SB1000, S510 is definitely a huge jump. Only thing is that, it took me good amount of time to set it up, might be because I am new to REL world (high level connection).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back