Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

After Much Deliberations, Stuck with My Original Choice ; Got Marantz SR 8015 to Replace the old but utmost Reliable Marantz SR 7010...
Significant Improvements mainly in PQ details, Subtle but definite improvement in SQ. With all the Features its Loaded with ; I don't think we'll utilize more than 50% of them. Overall Happy With the Upgrade.
Only a subtle improvement over the 7010 in SQ? And a significant upgrade in PQ?

I thought it was going to be the other way around. Are you using onboard processing instead of passing through the video signals?

Last edited:
After Much Deliberations, Stuck with My Original Choice ; Got Marantz SR 8015 to Replace the old but utmost Reliable Marantz SR 7010...
Significant Improvements mainly in PQ details, Subtle but definite improvement in SQ. With all the Features its Loaded with ; I don't think we'll utilize more than 50% of them. Overall Happy With the Upgrade.
Congratulations, Happy listening :cool:

Only a subtle improvement over the 7010 in SQ? And a significant upgrade in PQ?
Yes I Mostly use on board processing like 'ISF day' previously with SR7010 and Now '4k Enhanced' with SR 8015. It has a dedicated 8k input HDMI port, which is nearest to the HDMI output port. I'll compare pass through with others, Its been just 2 days with the AVR, let's see how it goes.

SQ advantage is subtle but definite, over period of time it'll improve. SR7010 took nearly 2 months to sound optimum. Moreover I haven't connected External Amp to SR 8015 currently ( which I was with 7010) that's a confounding factor. Mostly because, I'm evaluating the new AVR for any Manfacturing defects. Hopefully I have answered your query.

Yes I Mostly use on board processing like 'ISF day' previously with SR7010 and Now '4k Enhanced' with SR 8015. It has a dedicated 8k input HDMI port, which is nearest to the HDMI output port. I'll compare pass through with others, Its been just 2 days with the AVR, let's see how it goes.

SQ advantage is subtle but definite, over period of time it'll improve. SR7010 took nearly 2 months to sound optimum. Moreover I haven't connected External Amp to SR 8015 currently ( which I was with 7010) that's a confounding factor. Mostly because, I'm evaluating the new AVR for any Manfacturing defects. Hopefully I have answered your query.
Makes sense. The torroidal transformer will take some time to settle in. However, Im surprised you were using the inbult modes of the AVR in the 7010. The upscaling and picture processing inbult into AVRs is usually inferior to that built into TVs. Its good to know that AVRs have upped their processing quality.

Congrats drkrack on your upgrade

Upgraded my HTPC. Actually turned it into a gaming rig.. It's connected to the HT in another room..

IMG_20210321_200131-01_copy_2000x1500.jpeg

Complete Specs for those interested:

Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte RX 5700xt
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Deepcool Gammax 400 v2
GSkill 16 GB 3600 Mhz
SSDs: Kingston A2000 1 TB Nvme, Crucial MX500, ADATA Su650
Corsair GS600
Cooler Master Td500 Mesh
MSI MAG241C monitor
Razer Deathadder Elite
Cosmic Byte cb-gk-11 mechanical
Corsair GS600 (old)
Schiit Modi 3
Schiit Magni 2
Hyperx Cloud II
Mogami 2803
APC Bx1100c

Last edited:
Upgraded my HTPC. Actually turned it into a gaming rig.. It's connected to the HT in another room..

View attachment 55867

Complete Specs for those interested:

Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte RX 5700xt
MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Deepcool Gammax 400 v2
GSkill 16 GB 3600 Mhz
SSDs: Kingston A2000 1 TB Nvme, Crucial MX500, ADATA Su650
Corsair GS600
Cooler Master Td500 Mesh
MSI MAG241C monitor
Razer Deathadder Elite
Cosmic Byte cb-gk-11 mechanical
Corsair GS600 (old)
Schiit Modi 3
Schiit Magni 2
Hyperx Cloud II
Mogami 2803
APC Bx1100c
Looks MEGA! what's that cylindrical pyramid thingy?

Following up on post #3381, I switched the AV receiver with something a little newer and more modern than the Onkyo. There was nothing wrong with the Onkyo. For its age, it still had a lot of grunt to it and was a solid as rock with its build. I found a deal on a used Denon AVR-3312 (again, not the latest or greatest) which was superb and could no resist. Returned the old Onkyo to the used Hi Fi dealer.

The Denon was a sudden find on a local trading website (Trade Me. Its the ebay of New Zealand). The specs read great, the seller had a high rating and images suggests it was well looked after. No faults and has never been opened for repairs. The receiver was delivered yesterday. Took some time to get it going. I eventually reset the unit and started over with Audyssey auto calibration. Was not too impressed with the results so I manually fed in all the parameters post which the results are better. Maybe this early generation of Audyssey was not that great. I found Pioneers old MCACC system better in comparison. Some remote buttons need a firm press to operate. I'll do a DIY contact cleaning session some time soon. That said, this receiver is built well. Its my first Denon component. The internals are quite busy. Has a solid heat spreader running for the entire width of the receiver. Definitely superior to the old Pioneer VSX-1122K I had where the heat spreader looked like it was made from tin foil.

Anyway, some pictures to share. The Sony UBP-X700 is an excellent disc spinner, for video and audio. The build is flimsy though and not what you'd expect for such an expensive player. Does not look or feel any different to a cheap Blu Ray player. Fortunately; sound and picture are true to what Sony are known for so thats a plus.

IMG_20210406_130200.jpgIMG_20210406_130124.jpgIMG_20210406_130049.jpg

Picked up Mission QX2, still early days but love the tight bass, need to setup with right gear...

Speaker looks gorgeous :)

zOtjjv.jpg

Bought a speaker stand from Sound Foundations for bookshelf speakers.
Happy with the Looks :)
Good buy! They do look nice.
what about the changes in how the speakers sound on the stands?
Have you filled them ? (Sand or atabytes)
Blu tac under the cabinets or something else?

Good buy! They do look nice.
what about the changes in how the speakers sound on the stands?
Have you filled them ? (Sand or atabytes)
Blu tac under the cabinets or something else?
Thanks, they sound good, I filled them with small rocks (which I used under the Christmas tree) for time being :) .
I used3M Command Strip under the speaker

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back