Post your latest AV purchase(s)......

I finally got these babies (LS 50 Wireless ii) delivered today...

View attachment 60890
Hearty congratulations on getting these great speakers :)

At the risk of sounding repetitive on the forum...There are gains to be had by placing something between the LS50 and the bottom desk...you can start with studio pads for monitors, and if you are feeling flush, you can try the isoacoustics gaia3 under these. But stark improvements in imaging and clarity are definitely to be expected :)

Hearty congratulations on getting these great speakers :)

At the risk of sounding repetitive on the forum...There are gains to be had by placing something between the LS50 and the bottom desk...you can start with studio pads for monitors, and if you are feeling flush, you can try the isoacoustics gaia3 under these. But stark improvements in imaging and clarity are definitely to be expected :)
Noted...

Congratulations!
A couple of questions:
Are they the “meta version” of LS50?
Do you plan on getting stands ? (Maybe borrow a pair and try?)
Yes, it's a wireless version (Active Speakers) of the LS50 Meta. I have to make some adjustments with the interior before placing them on the stand; planning is in progress.

Sound Foundations Barracuda Universal Power Distribution Centre.
11.5k from hifimart. They don't sell directly on the Sound Foundations site.

It's much bigger than I thought, good quality and finishing. Comes with a computer power cable.

1628868550925.png

1628868580456.png

Note the orientation of the plugs. Both on the hifimart and SF site they are shown as facing same side. I prefer this one.
Its got a RF/RMI Filter. Should we call it a power strip or a passive power conditioner?

It's much bigger than I thought, good quality and finishing. Comes with a computer power cable.

View attachment 61008

View attachment 61009

Note the orientation of the plugs. Both on the hifimart and SF site they are shown as facing same side. I prefer this one.
Its got a RF/RMI Filter. Should we call it a power strip or a passive power conditioner?
Depends on what you're listening impressions are to be honest :D

If you perceive a reduction in back ground noise and a smoother treble, then it should be acting as a power conditioner.

P.S : please do share your listening impressions for the benefit of others. As I need atleast two more power blocks for the chain. Thanks in advance.

Problem is I started using this together with a new DAC :cool: (pics coming soon..)
Entire sound has taken a different dimension now, can feel a true black background. So I guess power block is at least keeping up.
@Yelamanchili manohar, another Sound Foundations product, more heavy duty one:

View attachment 61008

View attachment 61009

Are you connecting your equipments directly to it or using any voltage stabilizers?

I envy you. Came to Bangalore, and you will wonder when the last time we had 24 hours uninterrupted supply. Few hours of power cut daily is a norm here.
More than the power cuts it’s the voltage fluctuations that scare me. Oled board got busted on my first day in the city.

Now have some peace of mind because of a servo connected to the mcb.

More than the power cuts it’s the voltage fluctuations that scare me. Oled board got busted on my first day in the city.

Now have some peace of mind because of a servo connected to the mcb.
You are not alone in this. I lost 3 UPS in the last two years due to fluctuations.

This probably should be a separate discussion and a thread; but here goes:

Why is it not possible to get good quality electricity (230v, 50-60hz) without fluctuations in India?
I am not including power cuts due to shortages in power generation here. Just quality of power.
If so many countries can do it, why not India? Are some states supplying better quality than others?
Like bad roads lead to lots of repairs, high maintenance costs and accidents, poor quality of electricity leads to damage and destruction of household appliances and electronic devices.
Anyone with knowledge on this please share…

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back