PRICE THREAD - Home Theater In A Box

Import Rate of some of the HTIB (Excluding shipping cost and custom Duty). Import is from China, Indonesia and Malaysia

Sony IV-300 Rs. 9429
Pioneer HTP-072 Rs. 9674
yamaha YHT-196 Rs. 10729
yamaha YHT-1810 Rs. 12036
yamaha YHT-299 Rs. 13843
yamaha YHT-2910 Rs. 14947
Onkyo 3500 Rs. 11583
Onkyo AVX-390 Rs. 12439
Onkyo 4505 Rs. 16459

This is for your info. You can compare this with selling price

Last edited:
Hi, i m a newbie on this forum.

i am confused between onkyo HTS 3500 and yamaha 299.

also new sony n7200w.with blu-ray dvd wireless surround speakers.

which is a better HTS ? from above 3. which are in range from 33k to 40k

also i m not much finding any/much reviews for sony n7200w.

please help to decide the HTS.

Hi, i m a newbie on this forum.

i am confused between onkyo HTS 3500 and yamaha 299.

also new sony n7200w.with blu-ray dvd wireless surround speakers.

which is a better HTS ? from above 3. which are in range from 33k to 40k

also i m not much finding any/much reviews for sony n7200w.

please help to decide the HTS.

I would suggest to go for Yamaha 299 or 2910 for around 35-40K. (299 maynot be available as it is discontinued and replaced with 2910); onkyo will be good if you're on tight budget (I guess that HT-S3500 will be around 26-30K). Onkyo is excellent for movies and good for music, Yamaha is excellent for movies and very good for music.

Hi All, i have been investing in portable audiophile stuff since quite sometime (read Head-fi (Rig consists of Fiio X3, X5, Dunu 1K Senn HD625... i think you all get the point)). So i quite know atleast for music my kind of sound signature, clean tight bass, but more or less neutral and clean, a slight warmish bias is okay though. But when it comes to HT set ups i have no idea whats happening, till now i am only a portable guy!:p

Back to topic, So currently i have a Samsung 55H6400 which i am looking to improve the sound on. As always the major constraint i have is the budget which i am not planning to go beyond 25K (give or take a few). The initial searches and reads throw me towards either JBL BD 300 (which is great as a total entertainment device but not sure how the sound signature is)
Second is the usuals YHT 1810, but the heat due to passive S/W and seemingly lower sound quality compared to 2910 gets me a little shaky. I like the JBL mainly because i am not looking to upgrade sound on the current rig any time soon and plus the BT playback and 3d Blu/Ray is what i think i need for some time now.
Now the priority here comes the sound. If JBL is too muddy to be considered i will forego it but if its not too far from Yamaha, i think the set up suits me better compared to 1810. Appreciate if anyone can throw light on the above and end my misery... :sad:

Hi
I am also in lookout for Home Theatre system in the budget around Rs.40000. I have auditioned Yamaha YHT299 in Reliance Digital at price of Rs.37990. I was not impressed with sound quality e.g. of Subwoofer. I played music through its Aux port. I also experienced a Sony HTM55 5.2 system. The sound was good but the satellites with multiple midranges were large and space consuming. The price was Rs.55000. They had Pioneer system also but was not connected. Most probably today I shall visit again.
My friend is going to Bangkok within few days. I can ask him to get a good AV receiver for me. I can get good 7.1 receiver there in the budget of Rs.25000 with good features. Speakers I can get here. Or should I do vice versa.
Kindly suggest good combination of AV receiver and 5.1 speakers set with twitter and midrange in satellites at least in front speakers.
Do we have to match something called ohms. Yamaha has receivers with 6 ohms I think. Can this put limitations.
Thanks Sanjay.

Last edited:
Hello Friends,

i am Looking for a Home Theater system for small room(Basically gaming room).

1. My Budget - 20K

2.Devices to be connected

2.1 32'inch TV
2.2 PlayStation 4
2.3 Should have DLNA kinda feature for movie streaming etc.

3. It will be used 50% gaming (PS4) & 50% music.

4. Currenly i have been using Sony Dav-DZ340k which doesn't have an optical input and thus i am not satisfied with the sound i am getting it thru 3.5mm

Hi All, i have been investing in portable audiophile stuff since quite sometime (read Head-fi (Rig consists of Fiio X3, X5, Dunu 1K Senn HD625... i think you all get the point)). So i quite know atleast for music my kind of sound signature, clean tight bass, but more or less neutral and clean, a slight warmish bias is okay though. But when it comes to HT set ups i have no idea whats happening, till now i am only a portable guy!:p

Back to topic, So currently i have a Samsung 55H6400 which i am looking to improve the sound on. As always the major constraint i have is the budget which i am not planning to go beyond 25K (give or take a few). The initial searches and reads throw me towards either JBL BD 300 (which is great as a total entertainment device but not sure how the sound signature is)
Second is the usuals YHT 1810, but the heat due to passive S/W and seemingly lower sound quality compared to 2910 gets me a little shaky. I like the JBL mainly because i am not looking to upgrade sound on the current rig any time soon and plus the BT playback and 3d Blu/Ray is what i think i need for some time now.
Now the priority here comes the sound. If JBL is too muddy to be considered i will forego it but if its not too far from Yamaha, i think the set up suits me better compared to 1810. Appreciate if anyone can throw light on the above and end my misery... :sad:

Same query as I'm also on tight budget is jbl htib bd300 a good buy at 30000 or should I try something else

Hi Guys,

Am also looking for a decent HTS and my budget is around 30k to go with a 42 or 48 inch tv. main purpose will be to watch blueray movies(English) and gaming (PS4).
Can some body suggest one, am preferring a sound bar but can go for full system if superior performance.

Hi Guys,

Am also looking for a decent HTS and my budget is around 30k to go with a 42 or 48 inch tv. main purpose will be to watch blueray movies(English) and gaming (PS4).
Can some body suggest one, am preferring a sound bar but can go for full system if superior performance.

Yamaha YHT-299 is a good buy for around 36k or so. Please check the discussion thread for owners views. This year's same model YHT-2910 is expensive than YHT-299. So YHT-299 will be of more value if still available.

Surely any HTIB will be superior than soundbar and will give full surround sound experience to compliment your TV.

I checked yesterday with Hamsaveni electronics,Chennai.

The price for HTS - 3200 - Rs.21,500.

that's really price ????:indifferent14:

o.png

o.png

Polk Speakers + Denon AVR-X520BT -Need suggestion

Hi Friends,

I am new in this ocean of home theatre setup and have been reading a lot of threads to educate myself in choosing a HT setup for my living room.

Initially it all started with Boston Acoustic S 5.1 + Yamaha RX-V577 (as suggested by HT store Bangalore)
Later I realised from the threads that satellite speakers doesn't do the job for music, hence had to restart the research.

Yes, my usage will be 50% movies and 50% music and the idea is to use this set up for normal TV viewing also.

Now I have almost zeroed to Polk Speakers
TSX 220B as front speakers
TSX 150C for center
PSW 125 for Sub
Denon AVR-X520BT
The above has been suggested by ProFX (Pheonix Mall, Bangalore) I did auditioned the above setup and was ok, but not very impressed.

Further research into HiFiVision suggested that PSW subs doesnt have the punch, hence suggested for DSW series which is surely a great sub (gives deeper bass) compared to PSW.

Now to adjust my budget, I have been thinking the about the below
TSX 110B as front speakers
TSX 150C for center
DSW Pro 550 for Sub
Denon AVR-X510BT or Yamaha HTR 3067

I am crazy about bass, hence bit concerned about the Sub area.

I have been also looking at
TAGA HARMONY TSW-200 ACTIVE SUBWOOFER
Velodyne Impact 12
Wharfedale SW-150

ANy suggestions will surely help me move on and make a decision.

Just purchased a onkyo 3700 from hyderabad store for 27k.
I feel I got a good price.

Onkyo company showroom also offered 27.5k.

Happy with the bass. It's great. Treble part is good. Overall fantastic for watching movies.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back