PRICE THREAD - Home Theater In A Box

YHT 299 was offered to me at 33800 at AutoNode Chennai. Had a demo at Yamaha Square and they treated us very badly. But finally I felt HTP 072 was much better thou it was a passive sub it felt much crisp and smooth. Now kinda confused why so many of you guys are going for Yamaha? Many dealers were like they dont get Pioneer Genuine stocks so they are forced to sell Yamaha and Onkyo is it true? But in Chennai we found very few shops with Pioneer? AutoNode in chennai seems to is the Pioneer distributor for South India but they told me to choose which every I like and I felt Pioneer was good.... please let me know?:sad::sad::sad:

I am not sure how your YAMAHA demo was or what you listened to on Pioneer. In my case i just checked two models, YAMAHA 196 and 299. 196 sounded a little muddy. But 299 is really good when it comes to producing those little notes and bass. The installation guy played Xmen, LOTR and Blue Band song while testing and trust me it was amazing, specially blue band song, all little notes coming alive. If possible get a blu ray with you for testing. One thing for YAMAHA is, its not loud but its a clear system.

I would like to buy a AV receiver(5.1/7.1) with budget of around 25k. Can any one recommend good stores in Chennai with cheap rates.

Thanks

You can try "Prodigy" opp Presidents Hotel on Radhakrishnan Salai, Chennai.

They deal with multiple brands and they are courteous(unlike many AV centers) and give a good demo for the price you are interested in.

hi,

I am getting a denon 500+ denon sys speakers at 17000/- in Dubai . Is it a good deal?

I can get onkyo s 3500 for the same price. Which would be a better deal.

I am a bit confused.

Has anyone tried the latest HTiB from Pioneer? HTP 073 and HTP 373... I was called by an AutoNode executive to have a Demo and I am highly impressed. YHT 299 is good on reviews here but in reality its nothing I wonder why people simply praise the HTiB from Yamaha with its Tiny satellites and Tiny little subwoofer which can hardly fill a room with its sound. A Home theater is suppose to be loud and crisp it doesnt make any sense of an HT if its not gonna be a loud setup. Denon SYS 5.1 is another failure product in this category with such a big pricing its not even able to get a little louder than YHT 299 and the speaker sounds hectic if I turn up the volume and receiver goes to protect mode every now and then... Are these HTiBs are meant to play any movies or its being sold to play any mild melody or classics? For its quality people can buy some Phillips at 5k range.... Pioneer 373 and HTP 073 stands out truly. I checked Pioneer HTP 072 at AutoNode and at Reliance. I compared all three at both the places and I can 100% prove the people here that Pioneer is a better system.

Prodigy- Total crap. They never let me talk but they just explain me and try to convince me with Onkyo products. Onkyo another crap in HTiB. I will say Boston XS5.1 is the best combined with a Pioneer Receiver....

Prodigy- Total crap. They never let me talk but they just explain me and try to convince me with Onkyo products. Onkyo another crap in HTiB. I will say Boston XS5.1 is the best combined with a Pioneer Receiver....

Onkyo total crap???? Please explain your views.. Why???

Hi Guys,

I m from Mumbai. And this is my first post in HifiVision. :yahoo:

I m a music lover and an appreciator of high quality music and share common vibes with audiophiles but never found the right guide and forum to discuss about it until HFV. So a Hurrah to all of you awesome sound lovers and audiophile's.
Right so One of my friends know a guy in bangalore whose side business is importing speakers/AVR's from dubai and is offering Wharfedale dx-1 compact hts in 38K. He says its brand new box packed. Is it too good to be true ?
Shall i be trusting such low prices ? HIFI mart displays 69K for them and also out of stock. Probability of this being Good ?
Any tips on how to make sure this is for real ?
Suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot Cheers. :)

Hello all,
Regarding price. I searched it on like olx, quickr....
Some seller are there offerring new unit of various Home theatre in very low price almost 40 to 45% less as per INR PRICE,,, I Contact them and reply was the product going to import from uk or some one told from London...and for that i have to deposit some initial amount ex...INDIAN MARKET PRICE are 39.9k offerring 24.99k...first need to deposit 5k remainig amount at the doorstep after rcvng product. Also product with bill and warranty.
My question is, really that type of offer worth for us?
Can we believe on such type of add on olx or quickr.
Please guide me for this..

mnz_9482 - I don't know, I'm pretty suspicious towards such kind of offers... Indian Market? I also don't believe in miraculous 45% less.

Just checked out at reliance digital chennai stores and they are offering 27k for yamaha yht 196 and 37k for yht 299 along with a combo deal for Philips blu ray player. Is it a good deal.?

Yet 299 says it's 4k passable..if I buy a player which can play 4k however if my samsung 39 inch led have not said anything about4k...so is there any adv in in buying yht 299 for 4k feature..can I play 4k videos in samsung 39 inch led old one

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back