Price Thread: Stabilizers:CVT, Servo, AVT

PCB (RFI/EMI filter is supposedly in this ):

/QUOTE]

Got more clarity on this. In the above pic, the four brown color capasule kind capacitors act as the EMI/RFI filter. There is a IC below the PCB and its not seen in this

There are four snubber capacitors at the bottom which is rated at 0.001mfd;
Each snrubber function is as follows:

01. 170 to 220 volts
02. 220 to 260 volts
03. 260 to 280 volts

This acts to eliminate the disturbance & noise which occrus in the input wave forms.

The thing is Krykard/Vertex may be far better than the Alpha in the quality of the parts used, but the question is whether we require that much for our purpose (eg, the adv. control panel). Anyways for 6-7K , its a good deal. Also ask them to include 4 or 5 outlets.

Exactly, thats the conclusion I also came to. May be when I move to really high end equipment I will think of the best route. For a sub 1 lakh system this should be more than enough

Thanks guys for your in-depth investigations/analysis on the stabiliser products discussed. This allows people like me (with very little knowledge) to learn more about diff types, functions and make a informed decision to buy one. Thanks again

swami

PCB (RFI/EMI filter is supposedly in this ):

/QUOTE]

Got more clarity on this. In the above pic, the four brown color capasule kind capacitors act as the EMI/RFI filter. There is a IC below the PCB and its not seen in this

There are four snubber capacitors at the bottom which is rated at 0.001mfd;
Each snrubber function is as follows:

01. 170 to 220 volts
02. 220 to 260 volts
03. 260 to 280 volts

This acts to eliminate the disturbance & noise which occrus in the input wave forms.

Ram, I think they are misleading us about the EMI\RF filter. Did they say the 3kva supply is coming to the PCB and the filters are in the power side? I dont think. The current PCB will not hold the 3KVa through these channels and components. I strongly believe that the EMI\RF filter is only for the PCB (this is common for any kind of PCBs to eliminate the wrong data transmission b/n the components). Unless the filter comes in the power path, it will not eliminate any kind of interferences in the power side. Its better add a good EMI\RF filter in the power o/p and also I couldnt find the MOV for the surge suppression (ask them to put one, its cheap, max 50rs, at the socket). Also they are not using the buck boost transformer at the output (to get the correct 3KVa out) from the variad (they are using dual coil variad). As per some experts, w/o a proper boosting transformer, the o/p may not be supporting proper 3KVa, if possible, check somehow. (Also it depends on the quality of the copper being used)

Last edited:
Ram, I think they are misleading us about the EMI\RF filter. Did they say the 3kva supply is coming to the PCB and the filters are in the power side? I dont think. The current PCB will not hold the 3KVa through these channels and components. I strongly believe that the EMI\RF filter is only for the PCB (this is common for any kind of PCBs to eliminate the wrong data transmission b/n the components). Unless the filter comes in the power path, it will not eliminate any kind of interferences in the power side. Its better add a good EMI\RF filter in the power path and also I couldnt find the MOV for the surge suppression (ask them to put one, its cheap, max 50rs, at the socket).

Will talk to them on this and get back. Thanks again for taking pain to investigate

Revised Alacrity pricing

@All: Alacrity has revised/reduced their prices and have also offered 7.5% discount for HFV members. The new details has been updated on the thread.

Re: Revised Alacrity pricing

@All: Alacrity has revised/reduced their prices and have also offered 7.5% discount for HFV members. The new details has been updated on the thread.

Thanks for your efforts. :) Do they make isolation transformers as well?

Re: Revised Alacrity pricing

Yes, all 3 (alpha, vertex, alacrity) make dedicated isolation transformers also. ALpha alone gave me a price quote and I published it.

Ah, OK. Noticed the list for Omega so was wondering if Krykard makes them as well. Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks to this thread and Ram, and i recently bought a Alpha 3 KVA servo stabiliser while i was in Chennai. The service was good from Alpha and they delivered and installed it as committed. They had to do a little wiring to connect the stab to another room, which they did as well with a reasonable charge. The work was neat and it is performing quite well.

It gives a constant voltage to the points where the equipments are connected as i have serious fluctuations up and down at my place. I will continue to monitor it as the coming summer months are going be the testing time for this stab as my mains voltage will severely go down. I think it is a good buy to protect the equipments. Thanks again.

swami

Ram,
Excellent initiative. I was on the lookout for something like this and your posts were just the answer!
I have another doubt if anyone can respond it would be of great help. I currently have an APC inverter for entire electricals (excluding the 15A line), can I just connect this after the inverter which will not only help my HT setup but also other electricals in the house (fan, lights and so on). Might go in for alpha 5KVA model.

i recently bought a Alpha 3 KVA servo stabiliser while i was in Chennai.
I think it is a good buy to protect the equipments.

Is it ?

I am not so sure.

Many moons back, I used to have a 10 KVA Ultra Issolation Transformer with a Servo Stabilizer & I did use it for a while.
It is only after I took it out, did I realise what harm it was doing to my sound...This is not a 'safety net'

There are only 2 safety nets that I have come across & they are power re-generators from PS Audio [USA] & Pure Power AP [Canada].

Even now, I run my Power Amplifiers off the mains direct. Best !

plz. need help in stablizer.why do i need stablizer.is it for the whole home or to the musical devices.how it afffects.how to calculate the power for the whole house or for the musical devieces only.plz throw some light in this /thanku

regards

Is it ?

I am not so sure.

Many moons back, I used to have a 10 KVA Ultra Issolation Transformer with a Servo Stabilizer & I did use it for a while.
It is only after I took it out, did I realise what harm it was doing to my sound...This is not a 'safety net'

There are only 2 safety nets that I have come across & they are power re-generators from PS Audio [USA] & Pure Power AP [Canada].

Even now, I run my Power Amplifiers off the mains direct. Best !

Hi Shanti,
What negative effect did the IsoTranny have on your SQ? Loss of dynamics?
Narrow soundstage, detail? I'm curious.

Regards

Alpha have increased their prices by almost 20% owing to increase in copper prices. I was quoted Rs.7100 for 3KVA + 12.5% tax. So with shipping to BLR its almost 9K. Anyone else purchased recently?

Hi Shanti,
What negative effect did the IsoTranny have on your SQ? Loss of dynamics?
Narrow soundstage, detail? I'm curious.

Regards

Loss of Dynamics for sure;

Currently I have moved to a Pure Power 2000 & still my tube amps run off the wall socket - direct.
I do not like there to be anything in between the power from the wall & a power hungry tube power amplifier.

I only use the PP as a 'safety' net for the digital components.
I keep them on - 24 X 7 - temperature compensated [master clock i.e.].
Hence, power from the wall - feeds the PP 2000 & from there my 2 subs & digital components are wired.

My Servo & Iso Tranny are for sale - rather cheap - Mumbai Delivery - if some one would be interested. They are 10 KVA each. Krykard is the make..

does alpha power corporation exist now? All email, contact numbers are not working.

I am looking for isolation transformer with built in stabilizer of rating 230 input to output of 110V , 1.5KW or output of (110 V, 1.5KW) and (230V, 500 W) together from single unit.
I also contacted krykard ( Navin ) in bangalore but they don't deal in such small requirements :(

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back