Price Thread: Stabilizers:CVT, Servo, AVT

Agreed but I prefered to go for a local buyer than get it shipped from chennai. I bought a 2kva servo (vertex) stab with RMI/EFI filters and 4 sockets for 10 grand. Infact people have got 3kva for same price but thats in 2008.

Purchased a 4 KVA digital stabilizer of V-Guard make yesterday.

Referred to the threads in here, but could not make much out .... between advantages of CVT, Servo Stabilizer or simple digital stabilizer .... just too many parameters ... some people preferring some feature to others ... so, could not decide.

Ended up applying my own logic and went ahead.

Selected stabilizer model VD 400 (4 KVA). It is a 12 A one, meant for a 1.5 TR air-conditioner. You see, the starting current required by the AC is pretty huge, in a 1.5 Tr machine, it is to the tune of 10 A ... which falls to 6-7 A, when the operation gets normalised, say after 10 minutes.

The 12 A stabilizer ... would have 12 x 220 = 2640 W capacity ... and my peak load, if all operate (never possible) is @ 1100 W. So, just need never bother about the highs during 'Saving Private Ryan' type movies, laced with frequent AVR 'peaks' to accomodate the machine gun rattles and mortar shell bursts.

BTW, my entire HT / accessories is put through this 4 KVA stabilizer. In operation since last night ... and noticed a single auto cut-off when there was a momentary steep voltage drop. Yes, this model HAS a low-high voltage cut off (range 150 V - 280 V). The line resumption happens the moment the voltage comes back to the 'range' levels.

Unlike a simple automatic stabilizer, could not hear the 'relay' jumping sound during the fluctuation period .... though, this needs to be observed carefully at a later opportune time. The transition seemed stepless and smooth.

I played my Norge Amp full night at low volume and did not find any hint of warmth on the stabilizer body this morning .... this has no relevance, but, still reporting. So, for a place with mild fluctuations, this kind of outfit looks to be a good match.

Costed me Rs. 2900 with bill and 3 year warranty.

Purchased a 4 KVA digital stabilizer of V-Guard make yesterday.

Referred to the threads in here, but could not make much out .... between advantages of CVT, Servo Stabilizer or simple digital stabilizer .... just too many parameters ... some people preferring some feature to others ... so, could not decide.

Ended up applying my own logic and went ahead.

Selected stabilizer model VD 400 (4 KVA). It is a 12 A one, meant for a 1.5 TR air-conditioner. You see, the starting current required by the AC is pretty huge, in a 1.5 Tr machine, it is to the tune of 10 A ... which falls to 6-7 A, when the operation gets normalised, say after 10 minutes.

The 12 A stabilizer ... would have 12 x 220 = 2640 W capacity ... and my peak load, if all operate (never possible) is @ 1100 W. So, just need never bother about the highs during 'Saving Private Ryan' type movies, laced with frequent AVR 'peaks' to accomodate the machine gun rattles and mortar shell bursts.

BTW, my entire HT / accessories is put through this 4 KVA stabilizer. In operation since last night ... and noticed a single auto cut-off when there was a momentary steep voltage drop. Yes, this model HAS a low-high voltage cut off (range 150 V - 280 V). The line resumption happens the moment the voltage comes back to the 'range' levels.

Unlike a simple automatic stabilizer, could not hear the 'relay' jumping sound during the fluctuation period .... though, this needs to be observed carefully at a later opportune time. The transition seemed stepless and smooth.

I played my Norge Amp full night at low volume and did not find any hint of warmth on the stabilizer body this morning .... this has no relevance, but, still reporting. So, for a place with mild fluctuations, this kind of outfit looks to be a good match.

Costed me Rs. 2900 with bill and 3 year warranty.

4KVA for only 2900 :sad: thats an awesome deal. Congrats.

Agreed but I prefered to go for a local buyer than get it shipped from chennai. I bought a 2kva servo (vertex) stab with RMI/EFI filters and 4 sockets for 10 grand. Infact people have got 3kva for same price but thats in 2008.

Hi,

From where you bought this at Bangalore? I'm also looking for a Vertex stab with similar specs (2KVA). Any contact information?

Thanks
Sethu

@Kittu, eventhough you bought from Manjunath, it is manufactured and shipped from their chennai factory, but they are having service backup in bangalore thru' manjunath.

Last edited:
Got a vertex 3 KVA with RMI/EFI filters (audiophile grade as per their claims and that's why an extra 1K it seems), 2 output sockets of 15 & 5 amps for 13.5K all inclusive. Performing fine for the past few days. Not sure if it is the correct price or not..the vertex guys did not budge on the price part at all.

Hi frens,

I called up vertex at chennai for a Servo stabalizer. Unfortnately they dont have a dealor in delhi.

1. So now which is a High Quality audiophile grade Servo Stabalizer brand/make which will protect my AV Gear that i can buy in Delhi...?

Regards,

Rana

guys....

if someone has bought one in delhi....

a High Quality audiophile grade Servo Stabalizer brand/make which will protect my AV Gear that i can buy in Delhi...?

guys....

if someone has bought one in delhi....

a High Quality audiophile grade Servo Stabalizer brand/make which will protect my AV Gear that i can buy in Delhi...?

Hello !

I have a Pure Power PP2000 for sale.

This is a power re-generator.
Made in Canada.
It is 6 months old - approx.
Was used for less than 1 month.

The Input is IEC 20 Amps
& the Output is Euro Schuko

I will let it go @ Rs. 115/- [Power Cord Inclusive - feed i.e.]

Ex-Mumbai - it is very very 'heavy'
Would prefer Mumbai pick up.

http://www.purepoweraps.com/pdf/2000 tech specs.pdf

The Suggested Retail Price is US $'s 3000/-

http://www.purepoweraps.com/pdf/USprices.pdf

I will post pics, they are ready.
Just need to put them up.

All the Best !

Thanks for looking.

Audiophile APS - Specifications

Do pm me if you would be interested.
This is amongst the best that there is.
Very heavy & going cheap.
It is a 'great deal' !

I will let it go @ Rs. 115/- [Power Cord Inclusive - feed i.e.]

Shanti,

I am certain that you have made a mistake,but if that is your correct price I will buy it.

Rajiv

Rs. 115/- K is my price - FOB Mumbai - Freight 'extra' as per actuals.
It is very very heavy. I have all packing etc.

I would prefer Mumbai pick up.

The Indian Retail is Rs. 186/- K + VAT @ Sound Smith [I think]

All the Best !

Do mail or pm me for details.

Thanks,

Does anyone use Micron Systems (from bangalore) Servo stab? I got quotation from them for 2KVA Single phase stab Rs 5250+13.5%VAT. I guess their quote is much attractive than the chennai based companies.

Does anyone use Micron Systems (from bangalore) Servo stab? I got quotation from them for 2KVA Single phase stab Rs 5250+13.5%VAT. I guess their quote is much attractive than the chennai based companies.

Price is attractive but you really have to see the components they use inside and the quality of the stabilizer... As of me I vote for Vertex in bangalore...

But it will be good to know some A 2 B comparision between the two... Since micron stuff is priced less than half rate compared with Vertex.

:)

They mentioned that they are a "ISO 9001:2000 Certificate" company. So I am hoping some quality standards will be there! Here is the product specification:

1 INPUT VOLTAGE RANGE : 170V-270V
2 OUTPUT VOLTAGE : 230V
3 OUTPUT SETTABILITY : 220V - 240V
4 OUTPUT REGULATION : 1 %
5 FREQUENCY : 47HZ - 53HZ
6 CORRECTION RATE : 35V / SEC
7 EFFICIENCY : > 98%
8 AMBIENT TEMPERATURE : 0-45C
9 VOLTMETERS TO READ INPUT/OUTPUT VOLTAGES
10 PLUG IN TYPE SOLID STATE PCB CARDS USED
11 PROTECTION : HIGH VOLTAGE CUT-OFF/ LOW VOLTAGE CUT-OFF / SHORT CIRCUIT PROTECTION / OVER LOAD SURGE PROTECTION.
12 INDICATIONS : INPUT ON / OUTPUT ON/ LOW CUT-OFF / HIGH CUT-OFF
13 MOUNTING : BUSHES PROVIDED
14 ENCLOSURE COLOR : SIEMENS GREY (RAL 7032)
15 STANDARD : AS PER 9815

can anyone suggest a good audiophile grade isolation transformer for use in mumbai.

Got a quote of 22k for the APC SUA2200UXI without any battery.....is this a decent quote or what?

Honestly, i dont wanna spend anything above 10k-15k for power backup for the entire system, but seems am out of luck.The quote will easily cross 30k with the battery included. :(

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back