Problem of XFX ATI 6570 card feeding my Onkyo hts 3400

ValueBuyer

Hi friends,
I have XFX ATI 6570 1gb card,windows 7 os installed in my system.Prime use of this card is HTPC I was using this card for the past few months for feeding my Onkyo hts 3400 home theater system using hdmi cable.But last few weeks there is some problem so windows 7 could not detect my home theater it shows Realtek HDMI output (ATI HDMI audio - not plugged in).I uninstalled all the drivers
AMD catalyst control center,Realtek audio driver ... and even uninstalled ATI HDMI audio,Realtek high definition audio from device manager and installed the drivers again but no luck.Today I even installed latest driver from amd 11-10_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_enu.exe but there is no improvement.Few days back I used another hard disk which is used for back up (windows 7 installed ) is feeding my home theater without any problem.What went wrong with my active hard disk's operating system.I am not willing to reinstall windows7 because it consumes time to do that.So please help me to solve this mystery.

hdmiproblem.jpg

Last edited:
Well you can try repair option with Win7 disc.There must be some driver compatibility issue.

Thank you for taking time to reply it is obviously driver problem but which one is culprit either Win7 or Amd software.What do you mean by repair is it troubleshoot option provided in windows 7 or any other thing.

Do not install Realtek HDMI driver.
It works properly with the stock ATI HDMI driver.

I already tried several combination of installing and uninstalling of all the drives few drivers(High definition audio device,Realtek high definition audio) windows automatically installs without my permission after rebooting my system.

win7dm.jpg

What are all the drivers you are suggesting me to install.I first installed 11-10_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_enu.exe and rebooted nothing happen then HDMI_R264.exe(which is downloaded from realtek site and showed as "realtek high definition audio driver" in revo uninstaller. I feel tired of trying various combinations with drivers.I got this link while searching internet but amd provides this for windows xp only (http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...s/hdmi_xp.aspx) and Amd provides only Catalyst Software Suite for windows 7 there is no link for "ATI HDMI Audio Driver" under individual downloads.

@vasishta ,How can you assign a device as default even if it is not detected and whenever you install new driver default state of the device enabled.I have uploaded the image file in my first post in this topic but I made a mistake of including image file link of another forum rather than image shack or other free image hosting site link so after I log out of that forum the image attached in my first post vanished that is why you are asking me to enable Ati audio device if you watch that image you can identify it is in enabled state.

Last edited:
I think I had similar problem with my onboard gpu on gigabyte board. The ati drivers were not stable. I had connected the hdmi port and also the rca cable to my bose bookshelves. It used to get detected one day and next day no sound would come either from the hdmi->tv or bose speakers. I tried but there was no way to find out. Got fed up and bought a nvidia gt440 and happy with it.

I have installed ATI & Realteck both drivers & it works flawless.Only con is I cant see Dts-HD master audio in propeties(only Dts HD).

Anyway,you said that it worked well with 2nd HDD,ie.there is no problem with audio driver,but win7 is the one which has to be repaired.
If everything in vein,then reinstalling will be last option.

windows automatically installs without my permission after rebooting my system.
That is because you are not deleting the driver from the system after uninstalling.
Do the following for completely removing a driver from the system.

1. Right Click on the Driver in Device Manager.
2. Select "uninstall"
3. Check (put tick mark) the check box "Delete the driver software for this device"
4. Click "OK"
5. Reboot

K7LEP.png

What are all the drivers you are suggesting me to install.I first installed 11-10_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_enu.exe and rebooted nothing happen then HDMI_R264.exe(which is downloaded from realtek site and showed as "realtek high definition audio driver" in revo uninstaller.
As I mentioned, do not install Realtek HDMI driver. Its not required when there is already the ATI HDMI driver. Keep your system lean & clean to avoid unnecessary problems.
there is no link for "ATI HDMI Audio Driver" under individual downloads.
ATI HDMI driver comes along with Catalyst. So you don't have to install it separately. (hence its not available separately)
You can see it when you select "Custom" option while installing Catalyst.

1. Uninstall and delete all video & audio drivers from the system.
2. Download and install Catalyst Software Suite v11.11 from here http://www2.ati.com/drivers/11-11_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_ocl.exe
3. Select "Custom" in the "Installer Welcome" screen

5XtGn.png

4. Make sure that you have the option "HDMI/DP Audio Driver" checked (tick marked) under "Select Components to Install". (you could also uncheck unnecessary items as shown in the image)

39N9E.png

And you should be OK.

Last edited:
@ontherocks, Thank you for your time,I uninstalled catalyst control center11.10 and the drivers links from device manager but after restart again windows 7 installs some files without my permission.

GNyUE.jpg

Anyway I installed 11-11_vista32_win7_32_dd_ccc_ocl.exe file only variation than you told is Microsoft visual c++ ... file selected and greyed out so I couldn't deselect that so I leave it and installed as per your guidance and restarted system but there is no improvement.

MS0AJ.jpg

I frequently use headphone as well now I could not use headphone in this method.

From the pics you posted, only the ATI audio is seem to be installed. You will need driver for onboard sound card also to use your headphone and other analog outputs/inputs. As suggested by spirovious, completely remove all drivers. Then install ATI catalyst first. This will install ATI HDMI audio and graphics drivers. Then install your sound card driver to use the onboard sound card. Do not install Realtek HDMI audio driver, only use Realtek HD audio driver. Use your motherboard cd for this.

@ontherocks, Thank you for your time,I uninstalled catalyst control center11.10 and the drivers links from device manager but after restart again windows 7 installs some files without my permission.
Try this to remove the drivers from the system. If it still doesn't work we will go with devcon

1. Right click on the driver in device manager.
2. Select "Properties".
3. Select "Details" tab.
4. Under "Property" dropdown list, select "Inf name".

Kwxpk.png

5. Keep a note of the inf file (xxxx.inf).
6. Uninstall & delete the driver as mentioned in my earlier post. (Do not reboot yet)
7. Search in your computer for the xxxx.inf file in Step #5. (mostly it should be present in C:\Windows\inf\)
8. Shift+Delete all instances of that abcd.inf file.
9. Search in your computer for all instances of the corresponding xxxx.PNF file. (mostly it should be present in C:\Windows\inf\)
10. Shift+Delete all instances of that xxxx.PNF file.
11. Reboot

That should get rid of the pesky driver.

@spirovious ,Well I tried various combinations usually when the system was working correctly with home theater I should press button in the samsung monitor (Analog to Digital).Actually I tried various things to get DTS HD Audio when I first installed Graphics card in my system but I failed in that attempt moreover as of now I have one or two DTS HD files so I give up on that part.In that attempt to get DTS HD I tried various drivers ,softwares.But in my back hard disk I installed only os and windows itself installs all video and audio drivers through windows update mode so when I switch on Home theater and if it is in BD/DVD mode the connection between Home theater and pc is immediately establishing.Meanwhile I could remember onething ffdshow gives me some message while I boot my system I could not remember what it is I did not use those now a days so I pressed some button it disappers.Is there any chance it is creating problems like I am facing now.

@ontherocks ,Thank your for your efforts to help me.I located the inf & pfn files but there is only one instance of both under c:/windows I first uninstalled ATI catalyst driver using revo installer and then Real tek audio driver and all the link of audio and display under in device manager this time windows automatically installs video driver from internet I thought it would rectify the problem so I allowed it to update

IFmEM.jpg

Finally tried to delete the two files inf & pfn but the files were not in that location so I rebooted system then installed Amd catalyst driver 11.11 and again reboot but there is no improvement.I forgot to tell onething whenever I switch on home theater when it is in bd/dvd mode it takes few seconds and displays neo:6 dts ,So I think there is some wrong setting in my pc driver side.

Last edited:
this time windows automatically installs video driver from internet I thought it would rectify the problem so I allowed it to update
You will have to disable connection to the internet or disable Windows update for this entire exercise (pull out the ethernet cable). Whats the point in trying to install/uninstall things if you let Windows dictate what to do with your system. All your installation/uninstallation are going in vain and you system is going back to square one. Now I see why.

You will have to disable connection to the internet or disable Windows update for this entire exercise (pull out the ethernet cable). Whats the point in trying to install/uninstall things if you let Windows dictate what to do with your system. All your installation/uninstallation are going in vain and you system is going back to square one. Now I see why.

Not like that did you note that I mention "this time" this is the first time windows downloaded something all other time it did not download,In my back up drive windows downloaded sound driver so it is working smoothly so that I leave windows to download something.

Finally I followed everything you told and disconnected my internet cable even before attempt to uninstall drivers and after reboot I installed only catalyst control center11.11 but there is no change still the problem persist.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back