Pulz RS 500 power amp For Home Use?Any Information??

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi
I am being offered Pulz RS 500 power amplifier in a deal ( where swap is possible ,that makes too attractive for me)

Now I never heard this model, nor did I hear about it.Online information also does not give anything

Now anyone know about this model?
Anyone heard this? What about the sound?
Does it have balance inputs? What about speaker outputs?( I have pre with balanced out)

What will be its performance as home amp?

Does this amp has fan? Does it hamper listening?

If anyone is having its PDF manual?

Urgent help appreciated , thanks in advance.

I have heard this amp once driving a set of bookshelves also built by Pulz. The source was a Philips CD Player. The system did sound very nice. This was in the office of the owner of Pulz.

If you remember, I made a decision to buy Wharfedale speakers after listening to them being driven by a Pulz amp.

Cheers

Why don't you contact Pulz for the information?

:: Pulz ::

Thanks Teja ,but this option was there in fact I have mail contact of Amit Mishra ,helpful sales manager from Pulz.

I am looking for first hand experiences of members ,especially how good it is for home use , and if a fan is provided , if there are noice issues.

Received response from Pulz ;specs

SPECIFICATIONS:
Continuous average Output power:
8 ohms 150 watts both channels driven, 20-20k Hz, 4 ohms 225 watts @ 0.1% THD, per channel

Distortion (8 ohms):
THD 20-26k Hz less than 0.1%, 0.01% typical

IMD:
SMPTE less than 0.025% at Rated power
Frequency response: 20-20k Hz 0.25dB
Damping factor: Greater than 150
Noise: -95, dB at rated power, A weighted
Sensitivity: 0.775V RMS at 8 ohms
Input Impedance:
20k ohm balanced; 10k ohm unbalanced
Controls: Front AC switch, Gain knobs
Indicator: LED Power indicator
Connectors:
Rear XLR Inputs; Speakers binding posts

Cooling: Convection cooling

Amplifier Protection: Full short circuit, open circuit, ultrasonic & RF protection
Load Protection:
Turn-on delay, instant off cutoff
Complementary output devices: 8 Nos.
Amplifier power supply: Separate transformer secondaries rectifier & filter capacitors
Power requirement:
230 V AC, 50 Hz, 1500 VA
Dimensions: 3.5H x 19W x 17 D
Weight: 13kgs

BTW what is Convection cooling?? No fan?

ANY OTHER INFO WELCOME

Continuous average Output power:
8 ohms 150 watts both channels driven, 20-20k Hz, 4 ohms 225 watts @ 0.1% THD, per channel
BTW what is Convection cooling?? No fan?
That is one powerful amp.

If I remember my engineering correctly, then just "convection cooling" means only a heat sink and natural upward flow of hot air, and "forced convection cooling" means a fan to blow air over the heat emitting component.

Also if you look at their PDF brochure of the RS-600 (http://www.pulz.co.in/upload/20070925075908_rs-600_premium_brochure.pdf) it mentions cooling as "Forced Air" and the pic clearly shows a fan at the back. Based on that it may be safe to assume that there is NO fan on the RS-500. This is just my opinion, please do not base your purchase decision on this.

Is it not possible hear & inspect the item before you finalize the deal?

Cheers

That is one powerful amp.

If I remember my engineering correctly, then just "convection cooling" means only a heat sink and natural upward flow of hot air, and "forced convection cooling" means a fan to blow air over the heat emitting component.

Also if you look at their PDF brochure of the RS-600 (http://www.pulz.co.in/upload/20070925075908_rs-600_premium_brochure.pdf) it mentions cooling as "Forced Air" and the pic clearly shows a fan at the back. Based on that it may be safe to assume that there is NO fan on the RS-500. This is just my opinion, please do not base your purchase decision on this.

Is it not possible hear & inspect the item before you finalize the deal?

Cheers

Thanks teja

I can hear and test , but it is more like DOA test

also sometimes I found that amp sound different after some days -- maybe that time your rational mind kicks in!

so I asked as some equipment is known to sound "weird" universally -that is many people does not like it's sound

anyway I had Pulz Pre ( Rs 100) and Power ( Rs 250) twice and I really liked the sound..so I think Pulz has good sound signature.

BTW I am going to use Sonodyne Pre - It has Remote and phono input with balance pre outs ..so this will be my first balancesystem!!

Hi Hemant,
Have u purchased the Pulz Amp - 150 watt?? How is the SQ? I am in the same line to purchase Pulz Am with the pre amp.
Pls pm your experience.
Regards,
Samrat

Thanks teja

I can hear and test , but it is more like DOA test

also sometimes I found that amp sound different after some days -- maybe that time your rational mind kicks in!

so I asked as some equipment is known to sound "weird" universally -that is many people does not like it's sound

anyway I had Pulz Pre ( Rs 100) and Power ( Rs 250) twice and I really liked the sound..so I think Pulz has good sound signature.

BTW I am going to use Sonodyne Pre - It has Remote and phono input with balance pre outs ..so this will be my first balancesystem!!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back