Purchased Sony x9000H , what to check on delivery

I went to the store to test how different TV handles external HDD and to my surprise Sony A80J OLED couldn't detect my HDD. Store guy told sometimes Sony can't detect HDDs, is it true? Rest all TV could detect my bdrips and remuxes. Lg couldn't play audio for dts content.
Model of hdd:Seagate 2tb SRD000F1

I went to the store to test how different TV handles external HDD and to my surprise Sony A80J OLED couldn't detect my HDD. Store guy told sometimes Sony can't detect HDDs, is it true? Rest all TV could detect my bdrips and remuxes. Lg couldn't play audio for dts content.
Model of hdd:Seagate 2tb SRD000F1
its true, most of sony tvs dont detect HDD and can't play some video formats from usb as well. Had to buy LG due to that reason in my case..

I am facing a strange issue . My Denon AVR keeps turning on when TV is off. I am using firestick connected to AVR input.
AVR is connected to ARC port of TV. Tried with non ARC HDMI too but the problem persists. HDMI CEC is enabled.

I am facing a strange issue . My Denon AVR keeps turning on when TV is off. I am using firestick connected to AVR input.
AVR is connected to ARC port of TV. Tried with non ARC HDMI too but the problem persists. HDMI CEC is enabled.
Is it(AVR) turning off or going to stand by after a few minutes? Tv is off means remote control off right?

TV is switched off using remote however mains is kept ON. How to check if AVR is going to stand by or switching off?
Wait for sometime and if automatically switches off or goes to standby then it could be a settings related thing.

My guess is since CEC is enabled the avr is detecting the firestick and powering on. You can test by removing the firestick or disabling CEC. I have also faced this with my denon AVR before
Also I want to know out of 4 ports which one are HDMI 2.1 ? Do HDMI 2.0 ports support 4K.
Ur sig says denon 2400 so none of the Hdmi ports are 2.1

My guess is since CEC is enabled the avr is detecting the firestick and powering on. You can test by removing the firestick or disabling CEC. I have also faced this with my denon AVR before

Ur sig says denon 2400 so none of the Hdmi ports are 2.1
Ohh yes. I totally forgot about it. Thanks for pointing that out. I am having issues regarding dolby vision and 4k videos from firestick. Many a time they play in 1080P from HDMI 2(Non ARC).

Ohh yes. I totally forgot about it. Thanks for pointing that out. I am having issues regarding dolby vision and 4k videos from firestick. Many a time they play in 1080P from HDMI 2(Non ARC).
Connect the firestick directly to the tv and check. IMO you should start looking for other source device. Firestick is a very bad choice in an AVR set up

Connect the firestick directly to the tv and check. IMO you should start looking for other source device. Firestick is a very bad choice in an AVR set up
Ok. Do we really need a source device since it's an Android TV? What are the advantages of say going for NVIDIA Shield PRO or Apple TV 4K?

Ok. Do we really need a source device since it's an Android TV? What are the advantages of say going for NVIDIA Shield PRO or Apple TV 4K?
Better audio and video performance. Especially audio. The difference is night and day compared to firestick. With TV you cannot enjoy lossless audio. With your set up you can very well enjoy DTS HD or Dolby tru HD with shield.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back