Purchased Yamaha YHT 196 Today @ 20,999

Congratulations Shrini..!
form where did you get YHT-196 in 20999/- ??
I have checked everywhere in M.P. its around 23K.
I am planning to buy this , please share your exp. also.

Hi Ishu...
Thank you..!!
sorry for the confusion.... I had to pay 23,500 for AVR alone. What I meant was , that they had offer of Philips 3D BD player (BDP2180) which has MRP of around 6590 for 3000 if we buy in combo. so I finally paid 23,500 + 3000 K. The only deal was BD player. (I believe that the OP had got this for 20999/- and thread started) .....
Reg, Exp, I have installed them in my Bedroom and can say that its VFM if you have small room and budget is constraint. Anytime better than consumer brand.. earlier I had Philips 5.1 HTIB ..but this clarity is superb.
Just make sure that you feed right AV source i.e 5.1 DD or DTS and enjoy !!! :). I use primarily for movies...
However .. everyone has different preference ..hence advice is to take demo and decide ....

Is it advisable to set the speaker distances on AVR to actual values or let the YPAO decide that? Cause probably it wont matter for Front, Surround and Center, but for sub there will a lag in processing and YPAO accounts for that when setting the distances. Any thoughts?

Is it advisable to set the speaker distances on AVR to actual values or let the YPAO decide that? Cause probably it wont matter for Front, Surround and Center, but for sub there will a lag in processing and YPAO accounts for that when setting the distances. Any thoughts?

If its about Yamaha 196 then we dont have YPAO in this model, so no choice but to do manual setup...

Hello Guys, can you please explain me what is the basic difference in YHT 196 and YHt 299,
IN MP YHT 196 available in 23990INR.
Onkyo HT S3500 is 33000INR.
Also Pioneer HTP-072 5.1 is 23990INR.

Please suggest which one is good in mid range as well as in performance.

Difference between YHT 196 and YHT 299 would be more on power output, connectivity and some features....

Everyone has their own exclusive tastes.....it all depends on what appeals to you and your budget.....you can go window shopping with your favourite CD, MP3 and movie and test all these models, systems before finalising on one.....fortunately we have Vijay Sales / Croma / E Zone / Reliance Digital to do all this...

Given a choice between the 3 you mentioned....will go for the Yamaha....you can click on my user name for posts related to Home Theatre which I have advised in the past.

It depends from where u r getting. Hifimart/technoguru is safe. Don't get it from snapdeal/ebay/indiatimes etc ever , no matter how less-priced they are. Very risky.

Finally, I ordered it from Ebay, using 10% discount, got it for 20,700 and using payback card, a further Rs 700.
So, finally for Rs 20,000.

The seller was extremely professional. I had ordered at 10 PM in night and he he shipped 6 PM next day. Received the day after. So, less than 48 hrs after ordering.

Called up the yamaha service centre for installation. The engineer came around, advised clamps to direct sounds to right directions and also optical cables. All in all, I am happy I got professional help-coz I couldn't have done it myself whatever he did in a professional manner.

Finally : Installation charges Rs 500 + (450x4=1800 for stands)+ 800 for optical cable. Total : Rs 3100.

So, enjoying the YHT196 although hardly at a full blast..probably once or twice a week. The system is great and exactly as per my requirements, very much VFM and I am extremely happy. :)

Finally, I ordered it from Ebay, using 10% discount, got it for 20,700 and using payback card, a further Rs 700.
So, finally for Rs 20,000.

The seller was extremely professional. I had ordered at 10 PM in night and he he shipped 6 PM next day. Received the day after. So, less than 48 hrs after ordering.

Called up the yamaha service centre for installation. The engineer came around, advised clamps to direct sounds to right directions and also optical cables. All in all, I am happy I got professional help-coz I couldn't have done it myself whatever he did in a professional manner.

Finally : Installation charges Rs 500 + (450x4=1800 for stands)+ 800 for optical cable. Total : Rs 3100.

So, enjoying the YHT196 although hardly at a full blast..probably once or twice a week. The system is great and exactly as per my requirements, very much VFM and I am extremely happy. :)

hey i also got the yamaha yesterday just wondering what kind of stands does the service center guys provide .
are those wall mounts or something else.
thanks in advance.

Congratulations friend on your purchase!

This integration should be the simplest of all. All you need is two HDMI cables. Connect your BR player to the AVR's HDMI in port (recommended HDMI 1 port so that you can select it by pressing BD DVD button on the remote) using one cable and connect the other HDMI cable from your AVR's HDMI out port to the TV. Don't forget to choose bitstream as output encoding from your BR players setup menu so that your YHT-196 decodes the DD or dts signals and outputs surround sound (instead of just stereo).

Hi! I am new to this forum and also not at all tech savvy...so i am looking for few basic advice..I have a HD Dish TV STB with HDMI port and a old Sony Wega TV (2005 model) without HDMI port..
2.I am looking for a HT to
(i) view Dish TV DTV with 5.1 sound (
(ii) watch movies in 5.1 sound and
(iii) listen to songs & watch video thro USB pen drive/HDD

3.If i buy YHT196 and a blu ray player, would my above 3 objectives met?
Please advice

Regards
Dipak

Hi! I am new to this forum and also not at all tech savvy...so i am looking for few basic advice..I have a HD Dish TV STB with HDMI port and a old Sony Wega TV (2005 model) without HDMI port..
2.I am looking for a HT to
(i) view Dish TV DTV with 5.1 sound (
(ii) watch movies in 5.1 sound and
(iii) listen to songs & watch video thro USB pen drive/HDD

3.If i buy YHT196 and a blu ray player, would my above 3 objectives met?
Please advice

Regards
Dipak

Yes, but ensure that the blu ray player has USB playback option. It is not available in YHT196.

Connect you STB to YHT196 through optical cable for 5.1

Hi all,

Today I bought a Yamaha YHT196 from Snapdeal for Rs. 23,585.
I am just waiting for the delivery which is think will be on 12th Feb.

I really hope this will not be a bad investment.

Hope some of you can let me know if i did the right thing buying it :)

Thanks
Sanjeev

Hi all,

Thanks
Sanjeev

Now that you've ordered it, no point second guessing it :)
It's a good buy. Enjoy the sound. :clapping:

Play some good quality music files and have fun

Hi all,

Thanks
Sanjeev

I've purchased it recently, it is a very good buy. Enjoy the sound. I haven't tried it for music yet. Movies are amazing , I feel my 40 inch tv is smaller compared to the sound (friend is asking me to buy a bigger one :) )

Thanks guys.
Yeah it indeed is amazing, however, still trying to figure out the best setting for my room. :) and also looking for speakers stand now :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back