Ran REW, now what?

I have moved the sitting position to 3 feet from back wall. Also, the ear position is half way to the ceiling at around 4.5 feet, so might be a factor in not noticing height modes.

Ok.. I sit right against the back wall and don't not much liberty in moving my seats forward.. Height modes are more damaging at my listening position..

So finally put Acoustic Foam on the side walls. This was to handle a lot of reflections at the mid to high frequencies. The bare wall was concrete with shiny paint which also got affected by some leakage and had to be repainted. SO found this foam at MMT acoustix which was at the same price as painting and easy to install.

Was initially planning to extend my room by around 4 feet but COVID postponed the same, used the free weekend to get this installed. Great WAF and everyone loves the new look, now to measure and see if it helped at all.

a2WkTXf.jpg

OQFZuFF.jpg

BEQxrNT.jpg

Last week I placed my H-frame sub on my room 'Node' which is centered in my room long wall and found the sub to be more pleasing with wider band width and less boom. Not yet measured though.

Last week I placed my H-frame sub on my room 'Node' which is centered in my room long wall and found the sub to be more pleasing with wider band width and less boom. Not yet measured though.
I tried the same, while it measured better. I just couldnt feel the sub. Found a better solution by using a bean bag and moving my listening position by around 3 feet. The sound and measurements were both better.

Finally, did the measurements post acoustic foam and then did the Parametric Equalization once again for all speakers. Below are the results.

XbUkMIC.jpg

I need to play around with eq settings and possibly add some gain.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back