raspberry pi 2 as media player

What was even more surprising was that with so many issues you mentioned so confidently you still went ahead and bought the product ... :D

As I said .. I am still not convinced ... but want to try it out myself ... maybe there will be a difference in performance between RP1 and RP2.

Even if it does not work ..the impact is only 5k approx :D ... not bad to try out .. I am ready to take 5k risk :cool:... If it does not work ... i can always buy something else ... I was more convinced on HP pavilion Mini ... but its 20k...

Its gonna work .... Rpi is pretty decent piece of hardware if used correctly, and you know what you are doing ....

The RPi2 is running OK with few glitches ... Can someone help with below ?

1) I have Panasonic plasma 50 inch ... Somehow the output from RPi2 is not 100% fitting within screen .. seems to go out at the corners ... I disabled over-scan on the TV but still same problem. How to solve this ? I have Raspbian and Openelec installed

2) I have the official RPi2 case (White+Red) ... that does not seem to have any sort of opening for heat dissipation. Do you think it is OK and RPi2 will not get heated up ?

Tks
Druk

The RPi2 is running OK with few glitches ... Can someone help with below ?

1) I have Panasonic plasma 50 inch ... Somehow the output from RPi2 is not 100% fitting within screen .. seems to go out at the corners ... I disabled over-scan on the TV but still same problem. How to solve this ? I have Raspbian and Openelec installed

2) I have the official RPi2 case (White+Red) ... that does not seem to have any sort of opening for heat dissipation. Do you think it is OK and RPi2 will not get heated up ?

Tks
Druk

From openelec change, the resolution to fit the TV screen. and no rpi2 does not get heated up ....

Hi,

I am using the Sony charger for now .. but will have to get a powered USB hub as well.
Is there any combo extension board which has AC extension and also USB hub ?

I dont want to have too many cables. Any suggestion are welcome.

druk

Can anyone help me in configuring wireless network in moode audio

In rune audio it was very simple. In the drop down menu it detected wireless adapter and i simply had to select it to make it work

In moode, first of all there is no menu to select snd whenever i try to add ssid name, it says "interface not present"

The orange light on the adapter blinks so i am guessing its getting detected
same adapter worked with runeaudio

eth cable should be connected while configuring wifi and ys you have to type in SSID, password in moode

eth cable should be connected while configuring wifi and ys you have to type in SSID, password in moode

Hi Sam
I am accessing it with ethernet cable but still no luck
I will give it a try again and report back

Can anyone help me in configuring wireless network in moode audio

In rune audio it was very simple. In the drop down menu it detected wireless adapter and i simply had to select it to make it work

In moode, first of all there is no menu to select snd whenever i try to add ssid name, it says "interface not present"

The orange light on the adapter blinks so i am guessing its getting detected
same adapter worked with runeaudio

which wifi adapter is it? based on what chipset?

does not make much of a difference since it worked with rune audio and both rune and moode are based on same MPD architecture ...

which wifi adapter is it? based on what chipset?

Its a dlink dwa 123. I am not sure about which chipset its based upon

@sam
i again installed rune audio and the adapter got detected. I am not sure where i going wrong with moode player
Even the sound from moode was not perfect. It played the file but the playback had the white noise sound.
I will redownload the moode audio installation and try again over the weekend

Hi

I have installed both Openelec and OSMC. I have not installed Raspbian.

I cant find any Web Browser App in OSMC or Openlec .. Can someone suggest ?

Druk

You have to install a plug in called "Web Viewer" in OpenELEC ...... OSMC I have no idea.

not that I know in openelec ...... In windows you can use program launcher within kodi to launch any browser within xbmc itself ..... but in openelec I dont think, who will browse using openelec anyway ....:rolleyes:

Hi,

Is there anyway I can download videos using torrent without installing Raspbian and without controlling the Pi remotely. I mean whatever I do .. I do on the Pi using Openelec??

Druk

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back