Rear Speaker Cable (CL2) - Running through PVC Pipe

r_senthil

Dear Friends

Iam planning for a 5.1 Setup in my under construction house. My Builder has already laid 0.75" inch PVC Pipe to run the Surround/Rear Speaker cable from the TV/Receiver unit to place of rear speakers/seating area. Now my question is whether any OFC (without CL2 Rating/Outer shielding) speaker cable with 14 or 16 AWG (distance is around 25 ft) can be used for Rear speakers or should I be using only CL2 Rated. Please clarify

Dear Friends

Please provide your suggestions/recommendations as I need to finalize/Run the cables before fixing the wall cabinets/panels.

Thank you for your support and help

Dear Friends

Iam planning for a 5.1 Setup in my under construction house. My Builder has already laid 0.75" inch PVC Pipe to run the Surround/Rear Speaker cable from the TV/Receiver unit to place of rear speakers/seating area. Now my question is whether any OFC (without CL2 Rating/Outer shielding) speaker cable with 14 or 16 AWG (distance is around 25 ft) can be used for Rear speakers or should I be using only CL2 Rated. Please clarify

Am not aware of the rating..Don't think any CL2 rated speaker wires is necessary.. Use the common ones..

Thank you Elango for your clarification. CL2 Rating is for in-wall cables to comply with safety (Fire Retard, etc). Can I use DAC OFC Dual Cable and run them in in-wall using PVC pipes laid? Since it does not have any outer Jacket, will it starts rust/oxidize in longer run?
https://www.hifimart.com/cables/speaker-cable/dac-spk16-awg-ofc-dual-speaker-cable.html

Also please let us know if DAC is fine or can I go any cheaper one as I would need around 20 M to rear/surround speakers alone

Thank you Elango for your clarification. CL2 Rating is for in-wall cables to comply with safety (Fire Retard, etc). Can I use DAC OFC Dual Cable and run them in in-wall using PVC pipes laid? Since it does not have any outer Jacket, will it starts rust/oxidize in longer run?
https://www.hifimart.com/cables/speaker-cable/dac-spk16-awg-ofc-dual-speaker-cable.html

Also please let us know if DAC is fine or can I go any cheaper one as I would need around 20 M to rear/surround speakers alone

Unaware of the non-certified cables & the AWG standards, i used some local cables for my surrounds & surr back.. They were routed thru PVC pipes, below tiled floor.. I took them out few months back, even after 7 yrs of usage, they were just fine.. The stripped wire ends were oxidized..But works

DAC cables are slightly expensive..Also check MX cables from ritchie street (MX exclusive Shop).. You may get it for even cheaper..

If you would like to buy CL2 certified cables, MX might have just one.. So check in store..

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back