Reduced light leaks from PJ

anm

Problem - my ceiling is white and the projector is mounted close to the ceiling. When projecting an image on the screen, there was a half ellipse of light projected on the ceiling. It was making the room quite bright, and IMO it was masking the details on the picture.
I was thinking of putting something on the wall - maybe a wall paper, or a wooden block matt polished to match the decor and reduce reflected light.

Then I tried something different. The lens of projector are ROUND, while the image that goes to screen is RECTANGULAR. Which means there is lot of extra area in the lens which is emitting light and is not useful for the projected image.

Applied fevistick (no feviquick) to the lens boundary (not on glass but peripheral plastic), stuck a white A4 sheet and traced the light rectangle with a sketch pen.
Then took a sheet of thick chart paper, and cut out a small rectangle slightly bigger than the traced size.
Stuck this chartsheet on the projector lens. The image is still coming in full glory on the screen, but the light that was shining on the wall is completely cut out.
Done with a light blue chart sheet as that was the only available option late at night. Will replace with a black chart paper today. Also need to beautify this piece of paper - may be some concentric circles with glitter, or maybe a sun.

Try this and see if it is helpful for you too and post your comments, both theoretical and after the practical.

I am also thinking of lowering the projector by an inch or two. If I lower it too much, it may dance with the fan. I have to do something about the screen dancing as well. Thinking of a wood panel to hold it from moving back, and a wooden slot to lock in the lower stick.
It is a motorized screen.
Will post pictures soon.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back