Regarding Stabilizer for my Home Theatre

SernityVare

All,

I need to connect the following application to a stabilizer.

Following are the application i use currently

1. Onida TV
2. Onida DVD Player
3. Yahama AV Receiver connected through Step Down Transformer(220 -> 110)
4. Wharfedale 200W Sub Woofer.
5. Tata Sky DTH

following application i will plug in future

6. Plasma TV
7. other electronic Device like Projector,etc.

Could u please suggest me know which one would be the right stabilizer .

Which Brand stabilizer ?

How much kV i should go for ?

Thanks in advance
Shree

Hi,
Just browsing through, came across this post.
To calculate how much KVA you need you need to find out the total wattage reading of your devices, and multiply it with a factor of 0.8 (eg if total wattage is 1000W, you will need 0.8KVA)

I have a spare Argo Servo 1KVA stabilizer, which I have not been using for sometime now, since I bought a UPS.
I can sell this if anyone is interested. I live in Mumbai, so the person will have to come and pick it up.

Nitish, don't know which thread are you ref to but it seems that you read it wrong or misintertreted it.

Formula is W = VA * power factor

For Audio , HiFi we can assume power factor to be 0.8 lagging.

so for 1000 W requirement the formula looks like:

1000 = VA*0.8

That means we need 1250 VA (1.2 KVA)rating. (and not 800 VA you calculated)

Hi,
Just browsing through, came across this post.
To calculate how much KVA you need you need to find out the total wattage reading of your devices, and multiply it with a factor of 0.8 (eg if total wattage is 1000W, you will need 0.8KVA)

I have a spare Argo Servo 1KVA stabilizer, which I have not been using for sometime now, since I bought a UPS.
I can sell this if anyone is interested. I live in Mumbai, so the person will have to come and pick it up.

Nitish, don't know which thread are you ref to but it seems that you read it wrong or misintertreted it.

Formula is W = VA * power factor

For Audio , HiFi we can assume power factor to be 0.8 lagging.

so for 1000 W requirement the formula looks like:

1000 = VA*0.8

That means we need 1250 VA (1.2 KVA)rating. (and not 800 VA you calculated)

Suhas,
Thanks for the info. I did not know this formula. What I wrote was what I was told by engineers when I bought this stabilizer not for audio, but for my sonography machine. So probably the power factor is different for both. Thanks once again.
And with ref. to your post on another thread, no I am not trying to sell this stabilizer. I am not using it and I can give it away to anyone who needs it.
Ciao

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back