Region Problem with Lenovo DVD Drive

santhukp

I purchases some Original DVD's(Wall E,Saving Priavte Ryan,Gajani-All DVDs are NTSC Region All) but nothing is working in my Laptop.

DVD Drive in the Laptop is Matsushita with RPC-2 Firmware.I Changed the Region Settings in to REgion 5 but still not working. There is no option for chaning the setting sinto REgion All. Region 5 DVDs are working fine in my Lap. Please help me out.

Last edited:
I purchases some Original DVD's(Wall E,Saving Priavte Ryan,Gajani-All DVDs are NTSC Region All) but nothing is working in my Laptop.

DVD Drive in the Laptop is Matsushita with RPC-2 Firmware.I Changed the Region Settings in to REgion 5 but still not working. There is no option for chaning the setting sinto REgion All. Region 5 DVDs are working fine in my Lap. Please help me out.

Play DVDs in vlc media player or any other which plays all regions DVDs.
media player is restricted to Reg-3

Try DVD Decrypter to change the region of your DVD Drive, but note this can be done only 2-3 times max. DVD Decrypter also gives option of removing region protection from DVDs and if all else fails brute force key cracking too. Of course this means you'll copy/rip the DVDs to your laptop and watch from the HDD instead of the DVD Drive, which is a much better option anyways.

If none of these work then you might want to check for firmware upgrades to make the DVD Writer/Reader region free, check with Matsushita what can be done or if they will change the DVD Writer/Reader, or look into get an external DVD Writer which will serve the purpose.

Try DVD Decrypter to change the region of your DVD Drive, but note this can be done only 2-3 times max. DVD Decrypter also gives option of removing region protection from DVDs and if all else fails brute force key cracking too. Of course this means you'll copy/rip the DVDs to your laptop and watch from the HDD instead of the DVD Drive, which is a much better option anyways.

If none of these work then you might want to check for firmware upgrades to make the DVD Writer/Reader region free, check with Matsushita what can be done or if they will change the DVD Writer/Reader, or look into get an external DVD Writer which will serve the purpose.

Thanks Moserw . I downloaded DVD Decrypter and installed but i didn't find any option to set the REgion of the DVD in Software.When i purchased the Laptop the region was 1 that i changed to 5(Using the Regular Window Xp option) .Now only 2 more chance is there.There is no opion to set it to region free.:sad:

Thanks Moserw . I downloaded DVD Decrypter and installed but i didn't find any option to set the REgion of the DVD in Software.When i purchased the Laptop the region was 1 that i changed to 5(Using the Regular Window Xp option) .Now only 2 more chance is there.There is no opion to set it to region free.:sad:

You cannot change region of DVD. You can only change region of your DVD Drive. Copy/rip the DVD to your HDD using DVD Decrypter. This will remove all region limitations and then you can watch the movie from the HDD or else burn temporarily on a rewritable DVD if you want to watch via a DVDP with similar region limitations.

I usually locate firmware that is hacked to set the region bit to ALL ones (region free) and flash the drive. You should google for it and do the same. No need to spend precious time fiddling with application software or copying to hdd.

BTW region code issues will pop and error I think. If the DVD is not at all recognized, check in another consumer player if it is fine.

Cheers

DVD Decrypter should detect them but pop out a warning that Region CSS protection key exists and will based on your choice break the key and copy the DVD contents to your HDD.

May be i downloaded a Wrong Version ,please give me the link to download.

You cannot change region of DVD. You can only change region of your DVD Drive. Copy/rip the DVD to your HDD using DVD Decrypter. This will remove all region limitations and then you can watch the movie from the HDD or else burn temporarily on a rewritable DVD if you want to watch via a DVDP with similar region limitations.

Yes i changes the Region of My Drive not the DVD. :mad:

you can only change the region code of a laptop dvd drive 5 times, so be careful of the no of times you change the code, once you do it for a 5th time , it will get stuck on that and you will not be able to change the code of the drive again

Hey guys,I want a little clarification here. I thought computer based DVD Players will be easier to use as compared to regular DVDPs. After all the DVD player by itself is a raw unit, and most of the control is through software. So then why all this hulla bulla about region code restriction and that you can change only 5 times and all? Does the 5 times restriction exist even for regular DVD Players?

I have used Dell, IBM, and Toshiba laptops, and I have never encountered this issue. So I am curious. Sometime ago I used to watch a lot of movies on my laptop with headphones on.

Cheers

Hey guys,I want a little clarification here. I thought computer based DVD Players will be easier to use as compared to regular DVDPs. After all the DVD player by itself is a raw unit, and most of the control is through software. So then why all this hulla bulla about region code restriction and that you can change only 5 times and all? Does the 5 times restriction exist even for regular DVD Players?

I have used Dell, IBM, and Toshiba laptops, and I have never encountered this issue. So I am curious. Sometime ago I used to watch a lot of movies on my laptop with headphones on.

Cheers

Hi Venkat.. With my Little knowldge i think 5 time restriction is only for the Computer based DVD drive.

Cheers
New Generation DVD ROM are added with RPC-2 Firmware.There are strict resctriction in the region code and all In US don't know about the restriction in india. i bought this scarp from US). its portable so people regularly travel arround the world. so they given an option to change the region for 5 times .
but in olden days RPC-1 Firmware was used .which means is its region free DVD ROM.So yoyu don't need to change the region.

Cheers

They are easier to use Venkatji. Same problem exists though with the DVD Writer/Reader being of one region and the DVD itself of another region which is mainly to prevent ripping of CDs/DVDs. Sony in fact even installed a rootkit virus to prevent Michael Jackson's Invincible CD from being ripped, of course hackers found a way to beat it. Regular DVDP don't come with such s/w based options/hacks. Only settings hacks/firmware upgrades are the way for regular DVDP.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back