Request recommendation for Speaker Sets for Yamaha RX V1900 AV Receiver

jravich

Hi team,

I got Yamaha RX-V1900 AV Receiver and am looking for good speaker systems as above. Appreciate teams recommendation... Thank you.

PS: I read the moderator advice and have captured the relevant details.

a. Budget - About Rs. 50 to 70K

b. Listening tastes - All kinds of music. - Classical - Karnatic, English (rock,
pop), Flimy music.
- Primarily music - 70%, movies 30%

c. Listening area
- It is a living room/hall - it is about 27 x 18 feet
- Hall is connected with open kitchen..
- Hall one is wall and other side is open..(within 27 x 18 feet hall)
- The hall is not clean recktangle... in view of open kitchen...
- Floor is tile
- TV to listening couch is about 11 to 12 feet..

d. Systems already selected - I have Yamaha RX v1900

e. Where do you Live - Bangalore, North (near Yelahanka New Town)

Appreciate your teams advice.

Thanks.
Ravi

u could pair the yam with a 5.1/7.1 HT spkr setup from q acoustics(1010i series),energy take classic,mission.others will be able to suggest more brands for pairing duties.cheers

The Mission MV8 package is available for about 50k. With this you get front floorstanders.
You could also check out Wharfedale 10hcp speaker package.

If you are ready to build it up slowly, you can spend more money on getting two fronts and a subwoofer now and the rest later. So you can spend more money over an extended period.

Are you looking for floorstanders or bookshelves and how many of them? Also does this pricing include subwoofer in the plans?

Hi team,

I got Yamaha RX-V1900 AV Receiver and am looking for good speaker systems as above. Appreciate teams recommendation... Thank you.

PS: I read the moderator advice and have captured the relevant details.

a. Budget - About Rs. 50 to 70K

b. Listening tastes - All kinds of music. - Classical - Karnatic, English (rock,
pop), Flimy music.
- Primarily music - 70%, movies 30%

c. Listening area
- It is a living room/hall - it is about 27 x 18 feet
- Hall is connected with open kitchen..
- Hall one is wall and other side is open..(within 27 x 18 feet hall)
- The hall is not clean recktangle... in view of open kitchen...
- Floor is tile
- TV to listening couch is about 11 to 12 feet..

d. Systems already selected - I have Yamaha RX v1900

e. Where do you Live - Bangalore, North (near Yelahanka New Town)

Appreciate your teams advice.

Thanks.
Ravi

Are you looking for floorstanders or bookshelves and how many of them? Also does this pricing include subwoofer in the plans?

Thank you. I am looking for floorstanders.. I have visited Victor and had demo on Wf 9.6, 10.7. Planning to have more with others.. (collated a list).. Will post my experience.

if you listen mostly to music think about getting a good set of stereo speakers for that price. would have much better sound quality

What does speaker recommendation thread have to do with favourable pricing on an AVR? Please ask this question in the right spot.

Buddy,

i see no point in starting another thread just to ask....

"Is a brand new Yamaha RX V1900 a good deal for Rs 71000 ?"

1. There is no point in adding clutter and unnecessary threads. That being said i feel that my question legibly fits within the overall frame of this particular thread.

2. Yes this thread is about "recommendation for Speaker Sets for Yamaha RX V1900 AV Receiver" but we are talking about the RX V1900 here also.

3. The thread is quite old now with the last post before my question being on 16th March 2010. So now this thread can be utilized in further ways like with the question that i have asked.

4. Further more questions asked on this or any particular thread does not have to be totally 100% in context to the first question. We can effectively use the same thread for questions close to the original topic ( This happens in all other threads ), as long as they are not going in a totally another direction.

5. Guess what i could be totally wrong.... In that case.... i'm open to corrections if you or others or mods feel the same.

6. Lastly i'd request the mods to create a Sticky Price Thread for "Surround Amplifiers/Receivers" just like they have created for other components.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back