Rethm coming out with bookshelf speakers - Aarka

How would these compare to the Bhaava? Would a distance of 1 feet from the rear wall be sufficient?
Haven’t compared them head to head but my guess would be that Bhaavas are better if you have a good amp (high quality single ended tube or solid state class A)

1 foot from the wall would be less. You can manage the bass but imaging would not be optimal

Thats hard for me to say without specific experience with the amp in question. I do know that finding partnering amps for rethm speakers is difficult. That is what drew me to the powered Aarkas

Thats hard for me to say without specific experience with the amp in question. I do know that finding partnering amps for rethm speakers is difficult. That is what drew me to the powered Aarkas
Thanks, will keep this in mind.

The Aarkas are in production now. The redesign is supposed to have improved sound quality further.
I think they are close to shipping now. I got to listen to the final version last Sunday at the Rethm studio.

They weren't in final retail trim, so I didn't take photos. I've attached to this post an official render (from their Facebook page) which is the final design I listened to. I think the redesign makes these look stunning! There's a grille that runs from the middle of the front, across the top and ends at the back that shimmers beautifully in the light. It also protects the full range driver in the front and the bass drivers in the back.

I hadn't listened to the previous version, so I can't compare, but these did sound quite good. I'd written about them in this thread. I didn't know there was a separate Aarka thread here!

They are typical Rethm speakers, with the famous disappearing act, stellar staging and imaging, a large and deep soundstage, and a very natural and effortless sound signature. Only this time, there's a little more lower midrange oomph.

Jacob George did mention about the pains they'd gone to, to redesign the amp, and make sure the final version had really good amplification. I'd daresay that one really needn't think about an external amp for these at all. The pricing seems to be the same as originally planned: 1.5L plus taxes.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1614351489826.jpg
    FB_IMG_1614351489826.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 118
They look amazing! Will they work in small rooms like 100-120 square feet if given 2 feet clearance from sides and back?

Their website doesn’t yet show the product. Any idea when they’d start the booking?
They might be waiting to get a proper photo-shoot done, or something like that. I understand that the new Maargas and Saadhanas (with the updated designs) are also currently in production. Maybe they plan to update details these lines also at the same time.

They should be ready to take bookings for the Aarkas now, I think. Why don't you shoot them an email or call them?

Edit:
I checked with Jacob George today morning about the to-market status of the Aarkas. He said that the first batch is in production now, and will be ready for sale in 2 weeks. They will be also be doing one more production run of the Aarkas immediately after that, to build up stock.

He also told me that I could listen to a production model in final finish after this weekend. I will most likely take him up on that this weekend itself.

I have recently brought the Viva Solista, it’s a 25 Watt, class A SET amp using 845 tubes.

this speaker is on my list because of my relatively small room and short listening distance of 7-8 feet.

Sorry if I missed it in the thread, where are the audition options? Do I need to plan a trip to Cochin?

I have recently brought the Viva Solista, it’s a 25 Watt, class A SET amp using 845 tubes.

this speaker is on my list because of my relatively small room and short listening distance of 7-8 feet.

Sorry if I missed it in the thread, where are the audition options? Do I need to plan a trip to Cochin?
I don't think Rethm has a distributor in India. As far as I know, they sell direct to customers in India.

I think they are close to shipping now. I got to listen to the final version last Sunday at the Rethm studio.

They weren't in final retail trim, so I didn't take photos. I've attached to this post an official render (from their Facebook page) which is the final design I listened to. I think the redesign makes these look stunning! There's a grille that runs from the middle of the front, across the top and ends at the back that shimmers beautifully in the light. It also protects the full range driver in the front and the bass drivers in the back.

I hadn't listened to the previous version, so I can't compare, but these did sound quite good. I'd written about them in this thread. I didn't know there was a separate Aarka thread here!

They are typical Rethm speakers, with the famous disappearing act, stellar staging and imaging, a large and deep soundstage, and a very natural and effortless sound signature. Only this time, there's a little more lower midrange oomph.

Jacob George did mention about the pains they'd gone to, to redesign the amp, and make sure the final version had really good amplification. I'd daresay that one really needn't think about an external amp for these at all. The pricing seems to be the same as originally planned: 1.5L plus taxes.
These are EXTREMELY beautiful .. fantastic designing..

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back