sam9s Home Entertainment Theater Project - PHASE 1

Ok quick question, since you have a white ceiling and red (comparatively dark) side walls, which surface reflects the light off the screen more while watching a movie in complete darkness, walls or ceiling.

Reason is..... I did my false ceiling grid bases and white again, and its been said its gonna reflect light and I should have gone for dark ceiling boards. (details on the below thread)

My actual civil construction is cover in another thread .....

http://www.hifivision.com/home-theater/50863-sam9s-home-theater-civil-construction-phase-ii.html

do request you to participate .... any suggestion recommendation will be highly appreciated, it seems I am all alone doing everything with my HT build, with so much of less participation.

BTW nice looking theater:), I did go through this thread .... but will go again incase I do find something usefull.:)

sam, I don't find white light reflecting from the ceiling as an issue. The dark black borders cut white light spilling to an extent and then my false ceiling's projection of about a feet further cuts light. It isn't 100% but never felt light spillage as a issue.

Let me post some pics...

IMG1990_zps5ee35a55.jpg

IMG1987_zps0f55b9a7.jpg

and here is a bright scene...

IMG1991_zps4885b67b.jpg

mmm there are reflections, from both ceiling and walls. I wonder how much would that be in my case..... anyhow worst case scenario will be I have to get the ceiling boards painted black or brown..

The movie experience is affected big time (at least for me) if there is ambient light. It would be very difficult for me to live with the kind of reflections seen in the pictures.
The contrast of the picture is reduced when there are light reflections.

mmmm chalo atleast from walls and floors perspective I should be safe as it all carpeted, will see about the ceiling ...

^^ Sud suggest me a cable which I can easily order from Home .... :)

I understand but cables from monoprice are hard to source, something from hifimart, or amazon.in would be easier ... :)

@sash,... and others... I had a talk with the Grandview north india authorized dealer (new delhi Tilik nagar), (Abhi Projection) and I was heading for a surprise. Grandview fixed frame is wayyyy to expensive. Liberty is a bit cheaper. Then they have their own brand called Regent, which is a little bit more cheaper than liberty. This is all fixed frame I am talking about. Manual Pull down is so very cheap, for what ever reason. This is how I was given the price ..

Fixed Frame

1. Grandview 120" : 48000, 133" : 52000:eek:
2. Liberty 120" : 23500 there is no 133" option. Next is 150" 70000
3. Regent 120" 20000, 133" 23000

Manual Pull down

1. Grandview 120" 15000

Why is manual pull down so much cheaper then fixed frame :mad: .... there is a huge difference. 15K and 48K ... damm ....

anyway Grandview is out of question for me. Liberty there is no 133" so Liberty is also out. Left is Regent, no idea how good is that. Going by the dealer's word, the quality is more or less equal to Liberty. SO lef is Regent 133" for 23000. I dont want to go for 120" since I have the space for as big as 135"

Grandview anyhow he says is good for a high end projector like Pana AE8000. for Mid level projector like mine Liberty or Regent will suffice ....

The price includes the transport cost plus the installation cost. He also says the guy coming to install can also help in installing and calibrating projector...

Comments please ....??

can anyone suggest me a decent woofer cable from the link i shared in the above post ......????

can anyone suggest me a decent woofer cable from the link i shared in the above post ......????

I have the Belkin PureAV subwoofer cable brought from US which is also available in the link you posted. You can go for the same or the Mediabridge is also a good one, all the cables listed in the link are VFM cables and should not disappoint you :)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back