Samsung 51D490 3DTV owners thread......

Dont bother getting a stabilizer. Just a 1kVA+ UPS can do. However I would strongly recommend you NOT to go with APC as it gives noisy square wave output when running on batteries. Better go for Microtek or a home UPS (cost will be very high due to high capacity external batteries buy you could use it for your entire household).

Only if you go for a Home UPS, a Stabilizer will be needed.

Going for a home UPS will be expensive then have to buy stabiliser too in that case.
So according to u microtek ups will be better than APC ups . So u think 1KVA should be sufficient for running 50'Plasma tv, HD box, media player.

I am using vguard crystal plus stabilizer for 51d550.
Okay , i thought it might not take load of a 51' plasma thts why was having digi 200 as my priority for stabilizer earlier.
How u connected it to the stabiliser ,i think stabiliser comes with 5A sockets but TV has 15A plug so u used any sort of converter?

Okay , i thought it might not take load of a 51' plasma thts why was having digi 200 as my priority for stabilizer earlier.
How u connected it to the stabiliser ,i think stabiliser comes with 5A sockets but TV has 15A plug so u used any sort of converter?

I think it does have 15AMP socket.

I think it does have 15AMP socket.
Okay will check out. I am still thinking whether belkin surge protector is enough or should i go for stab/UPS.
One ques- when light goes and tv switches OFF does it have any effect on TV? Thts the reason i am considering UPS since i will get time to switch it off.

Use a 5 amp IEC cord as the TV has a detachable power cord. The rated power of the TV is around 350 watts whcich translates into a current rating of 350/(220x0.8)= 2 amps approx so probs using a 5 amps IEC cord.

Further a surge protector is good enough but if you go for a UPS choose a sine wave UPS.

Use a 5 amp IEC cord as the TV has a detachable power cord. The rated power of the TV is around 350 watts whcich translates into a current rating of 350/(220x0.8)= 2 amps approx so probs using a 5 amps IEC cord.

Further a surge protector is good enough but if you go for a UPS choose a sine wave UPS.

I think i will buy 15A to 5A converter and use with Belkin gold surge protector.

It is not advisable to use a converter actually it is not a converter it is just a multi plug giving you sockets to accommodate the 15 amp plug while being capable of being attached to a 5amp socket.

Further, you can get the IEC cable from any computer shop and attach the same to the Belkin surge protector as the less no of connections the better it is

Thanks. i will try with IEC cable ,hope it does not effect the tv since tv has 15 amp originally.

It surely wont affect your TV. As I have shown the TV will draw less than 2 amps of current and that too on full load i.e. when the screen is totally white and in normal viewing conditions the load will be around 60-70% of the full load and current will reduce proportionately.

Even if you have a computer at home you can use the same cable

It surely wont affect your TV. As I have shown the TV will draw less than 2 amps of current and that too on full load i.e. when the screen is totally white and in normal viewing conditions the load will be around 60-70% of the full load and current will reduce proportionately.

Even if you have a computer at home you can use the same cable

Ok thanks for the confirmation will use that:)

I think that the item as given by you does not have 15 amp sockets for plugging the TV plug but has a 16 amp plug for connecting to the power supply.

I think that the item as given by you does not have 15 amp sockets for plugging the TV plug but has a 16 amp plug for connecting to the power supply.

Okay, didnt know the difference. Well for knowledge sake want to know is there any difference between 16 amp and 15 amp plug?

Hi,

Is stabilizer / UPS is neccesary for plasma TV? My plasma TV 43D490 will be coming in next week. We can not connect the Plsma as our normal TV? Please suggest...

Well i recently got APC 1.1KVA UPS for my 51D490.
I purchased 43D450 for my other room yesterday , wanted to know if i can use 600VA UPS lying unused as previously i was using it with desktop.
Its INTEX Intex Technologies : Computer Peripherals
I just want to use it to switch off the TV myself and dont need backup when electricity goes, also voltage fluctuation is not a problem here and i cant spend more.
So is it better to use without UPS or can i use above mentioned UPS.

You have 2 D450s now??
You could have tried the X30 for a difference? (Though I consider D450 better anyways)

Ya wanted to have one for bedroom so nothing came close to 43D450 for the VFM it offers. Got it for 33k ,there was no price diff between both so chose D450 as i did like the overall PQ of d450 better.

Guys.
Currently i am using 43D490 with a 15A to 5A converter and Belking gold surge protector.
Is it ok to keep it in standby during nights or we have to manually switch off the power switch? It will be in standby all the time,whenever we want to watch it,we will use the remote to view it.
Is it ok? or we have to manually switch it off(i.e power button in TV)

Sorry for this another noob question: For PC,UPS is neccessary as the power shutdown will affect harddisks mainly.but Is it really necessary for plasma tv?

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back