Samsung 51D490 3DTV owners thread......

Completed 135 Hours of break-in! Anyone have calibrated settings for "Gaming" and "Movies"? I've tried a few settings but the colors get saturated. Any console gamers got calibrated settings?

Oh no just now I am having problem with my 51D490,airtel logo is showing if we see very close and light switched off in black background.
What should i do? Run a scrollbar?

Great. Price not mentioned, have to search for dealers here. What abt UPS?
I am going to run TV,Airtel HD Recorder, HT, Media player. Which will be better to go for stabiliser or UPS?

MRP is around 4k. UPS will not able to act as a stabilizer. Better to get a stablizer and add an UPS.

MRP is around 4k. UPS will not able to act as a stabilizer. Better to get a stablizer and add an UPS.

Ohhk. But that will be expensive. I need to get only one UPS or stabiliser.
I have seen above mentioned UPS has AVR(automatic voltage regulation) feature. So cant it act as a stabiliser plus its giving backup too.

I have got Belkin surge protector but it has 5A sockets but samsung tv has 15A plug, so how to convert from 15A to 5A?

Hi.. Does UPS or stabilizaer compulsory for plasma TVs? Is it not possible to run the plasma TV like normal CRT TV. I will be buying 43D490 this week. Also I wanted to know regarding screen burns in plasma. Is it so serious that one should think twice before going for purchasing plasma.

Just use V-Guard Crystal Plus voltage stabilizer. That is specifically made for tv's. I am using that for plasma and it works fine.

Just use V-Guard Crystal Plus voltage stabilizer. That is specifically made for tv's. I am using that for plasma and it works fine.

Thanks. Was considering UPS too,so belkin surge protector+ stabiliser should be good in ur opinion.You have 51d550 and using stabiliser with it?

Thanks. Was considering UPS too,so belkin surge protector+ stabiliser should be good in ur opinion.You have 51d550 and using stabiliser with it?

Dont bother getting a stabilizer. Just a 1kVA+ UPS can do. However I would strongly recommend you NOT to go with APC as it gives noisy square wave output when running on batteries. Better go for Microtek or a home UPS (cost will be very high due to high capacity external batteries buy you could use it for your entire household).

Only if you go for a Home UPS, a Stabilizer will be needed.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back