Samsung 51D490 3DTV owners thread......

jst chk the samsung official site nd this model feature page in the last ull find the dlna sharing feature they hv mentioned

mandeep wat all format will it play thru usb like nd whch one dnt ?......i knw samsung is the best in playing formats thru usb?....nd wats its cntrast ratio as pana mentioned for their plasma 2000000:1 wat bout this sam plasma ?....srry to bother u bt need to knw

mandeep wat all format will it play thru usb like nd whch one dnt ?......i knw samsung is the best in playing formats thru usb?....nd wats its cntrast ratio as pana mentioned for their plasma 2000000:1 wat bout this sam plasma ?....srry to bother u bt need to knw

Actually i have a media player, so haven't tried the 51D490's USB port yet, but i have a 26 inch Samsung LED TV in another room, it plays every format u throw at it. Samsung is the best also in this department, even better than SONY and Panasonic as reported by many here on HIFIVISION

Contrast ratio of 2011 samsung plasma's is somewhat on par with their Panasonic counterparts this year, i read that somewhere @avsforum.com, but not sure.

i just bought this tv at target($600) anyways i have it on standard settings.does anybody have any good calibration settings for this tv that is easy on the eyes,not too bright? netflix looks pretty good on this tv set.the demo tv at target had it pretty dim.how do i make the screen dim?

well i bought it for $650 from target.at the moment i'm using standard settings.i changed it a little bit.i forgot where i put the memory card for the camera.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I confirmed....Samsung has stopped manufacturing of 43D490....I was told by Croma Store Manager....I confirmed from 3 Croma Stores from Mumbai.....Mega Mall....Oberoi Mall...thane R Mall..(although i haven't in non-croma ones)
Hence...all the peiices available in the showrooms are the last ones.......all prospective buyers of this tv are advised to make a quick decision....also the prices of this tv has been slashed....in Andheri, Mega Mall, Mumbai ...I was shock to see this TV being sold at 39990 while next to it D450 was being sold at 43,000!!! absurd....(may be they r clearing the display peice)...

I am damn confused if i should wait for few more months or buy this one, now i guess Samsung is launching new series of plasmas soon considering CES is just round the corner in January 2012....or i have no clue why samsung is doing this....

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I confirmed....Samsung has stopped manufacturing of 43D490....I was told by Croma Store Manager....I confirmed from 3 Croma Stores from Mumbai.....Mega Mall....Oberoi Mall...thane R Mall..(although i haven't in non-croma ones)
Hence...all the peiices available in the showrooms are the last ones.......all prospective buyers of this tv are advised to make a quick decision....also the prices of this tv has been slashed....in Andheri, Mega Mall, Mumbai ...I was shock to see this TV being sold at 39990 while next to it D450 was being sold at 43,000!!! absurd....(may be they r clearing the display peice)...

I am damn confused if i should wait for few more months or buy this one, now i guess Samsung is launching new series of plasmas soon considering CES is just round the corner in January 2012....or i have no clue why samsung is doing this....

Seems like a marketing gimmick, production stops automatically after reaching target numbers, no need to panic there will be enough stock.

Yup! That's what they conveyed to me as well when I went to the store. Moreover, the 43D490's priced at 39,990 are display pieces that cone with one or two 3D glasses depending on your bargaining skills.

Seems like a marketing gimmick, production stops automatically after reaching target numbers, no need to panic there will be enough stock.

Enough stock i guess for next one month max. .even the samsung company store guys were clueless about target numbers....(i know even normally they are not always the most knowledgable guys)

.will there be significant difference in the next year's models which will be launched in feb after CES2012...i really wish Samsungs 2012's new lineup details are leaked on internet before hand like the LG ones.................. http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1320827915 that i can decide if 43d490 is the one for me....

if i buy 43d490 now and i see full hd 43d....launched after 3 months.would be sad...if such model is not on cards then the current one will be the best bet....considering the superbly low price at which it is available..
in short i will buy 43d490 if we come to know that-
Panasonic will not launch a brighter 42ST30d 3d tv
Samsung will not launch s Full hd 43 inch plasma 3d tv
:eek:hyeah:

Samsung plasma PSxxD490 models that are sold in India are probably being manufactured by Thai Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and shipped to India. Can somebody verify from their label at the back of the panel.

I am using PS51D450 model and the lable says "Made in Thailand".

Anyone have calibrated settings for the D490? I'm 30 hours into my break-in using TORCH mode, should be done in a couple of days tops.

Was wondering if anyone on the forums had optimal calibrated settings for Movie / Gaming?

Finally, i bought Sammy 43D490....:)
m bit confused about the 3D glasses as there are having RED and CYAN strips on lenses. should i remove these strips or not? the lenses are also covered with some transparent sheet.

Please reply

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back