Samsung 51D490 3DTV owners thread......

Finally, i bought Sammy 43D490....:)
m bit confused about the 3D glasses as there are having RED and CYAN strips on lenses. should i remove these strips or not? the lenses are also covered with some transparent sheet.

Please reply

Congrats buddy,

transparent sheet is part of red cyan, when u pull these red cyan strips, it will also come off. yes u should do this for proper 3d effect while watching 3d content.

Finally, i bought Sammy 43D490....:)
m bit confused about the 3D glasses as there are having RED and CYAN strips on lenses. should i remove these strips or not? the lenses are also covered with some transparent sheet.

Please reply

How much did you buy it for?

Sorry for OT
I want to ask is there any difference in 2D picture quality in 3D and non 3D Tv?
Eg- Do 43D490 has better 2D pic quality then 43D450?

They're part of the same series. Assuming all the components are the same as well.

I saw 'em both at Croma, didn't spot any difference between the two. Albeit their positions weren't side by side, so the D450 did seem a little less glossy to me, but maybe it was 'cause of the positioning /shrug!

To be honest, even if there WAS a difference in PQ, it would be so slight that neither of us would really notice it unless we kept all the conditions, aka lighting, media input, level of the display and tele settings at a constant.

I wouldn't fret too much over it. Just enjoy your pick! =D

^
Yap even if there is a difference it will be hardly noticeable
Ya am enjoying my tv alot loving the pic quality of it. Really good upgrade over my LG 32" FULL HD Lcd.

^
Yap even if there is a difference it will be hardly noticeable
Ya am enjoying my tv alot loving the pic quality of it. Really good upgrade over my LG 32" FULL HD Lcd.

hello buddy, congrats:cheers:
when did u get ur 51D490 delivered? u didn't post the info here, it would be great if u post some pics here, hows the PQ coming in ur room.

hello buddy, congrats:cheers:
when did u get ur 51D490 delivered? u didn't post the info here, it would be great if u post some pics here, hows the PQ coming in ur room.

Thanks buddy. U really helped in my decision making.
I am now on look out for blu ray player not 3d blu ray player. Please suggst best blu ray player around 6-7k.
Will post pics later ,pic quality is amazing as my room is dark,no scope of light coming.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Thanks buddy. U really helped in my decision making.
I am now on look out for blu ray player not 3d blu ray player. Please suggst best blu ray player around 6-7k.
Will post pics later ,pic quality is amazing as my room is dark,no scope of light coming.

Sent from my Galaxy S2

In my opinion a PS3 is a very good option, it will serve you as a bluray player cum 3d player and a game console as well.

If u want to save money then sony or panasonic is a good option.

I will also suggest you an Oppo bluray player if you want the best and if you have a relative living in canada/US it will even be cheaper than buying online.Oppo even comes with a hardware mod chip available along with it for some extra money

Last edited:
Right now i am using (for first 100 hours)
contrast=49
brightness=46
sharpness=0
cell light=8

Thanks, what about
Advanced Settings
Black Tone
Dynamic Contrast
Gamma
Color Space
Flesh Tone
Edge Enhancement

Picture Options
Color Tone
Size
Digital Noise Filter

And should pixal orbiter be kept on?

Which BELKIN surge protector(model no) i should get for Samsung D490 since it has 15AMP plug.

Which BELKIN surge protector(model no) i should get for Samsung D490 since it has 15AMP plug.

The best option:
1) MX surge protector with EMI/RF filter (got mine for Rs.650/- 5AMP one; 15AMP is Rs.900/-)
2) 15AMP-5AMP converter (Rs.40/-)

Last edited:
I am playing back movies in full screen zoomed in to prevent any static image for first 100hrs. Should i use break-in slides or no?

I am playing back movies in full screen zoomed in to prevent any static image for first 100hrs. Should i use break-in slides or no?

No need to run break in slides......just follow the basics......also, the Sammy plasmas have the anti IR methods...just activate them in the TV....even if you run a static image for a particular period..it will invoke the anti IR methods....happy break in :eek:hyeah:

No need to run break in slides......just follow the basics......also, the Sammy plasmas have the anti IR methods...just activate them in the TV....even if you run a static image for a particular period..it will invoke the anti IR methods....happy break in :eek:hyeah:

Thanks, i have enabled Pixel Orbiter On.Really loving this tv ,watching movies gives u experience of a theatre :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back