Samsung Plasma 3D PS51D550 pictures to discuss reflection issues

umeshdhingra

Hi everyone,
I have taken few pictures of my Samsung D550 this morning at 7 am when the natural light level is lowest in my TV room and then few pictures at 4.30 pm , when the natural day light levels are very high ( wanted to take few pictures at 1 pm , but for last two days power cuts have not allowed me to take the pictures)
These pictures are uploaded on flickr , link given below.

Flickr: umeshdhingra's Photostream

I have tried to explain under what lighting / curtain drawn or open against each picture.The door location is bang opposite to the TV.

However in case any one wants me to take few more pictures under any particular TV settings , etc , pl do mention ...........

looking forward to comments !!

@Umesh , Can you take few snaps without flash, It seems flash it self which is very intense , is producing few reflections from the centre speakers and players on the table.

As far i can see , the reflection from these stills arent that prominent even with that 3 curtains open still.

But now i need to demo VT20/ST30 too before i buy D550.

anwyay thanks a lot for the album. but please do share few pics with flash off..

@Umesh , Can you take few snaps without flash, It seems flash it self which is very intense , is producing few reflections from the centre speakers and players on the table.

As far i can see , the reflection from these stills arent that prominent even with that 3 curtains open still.

But now i need to demo VT20/ST30 too before i buy D550.

anwyay thanks a lot for the album. but please do share few pics with flash off..

Will post pics without using flash in next few hours,hv ample time tonight as waiting for iOS 5 upgrade

I gathered this picture from the internet showing LG vs Panasonic reflection characteristics.

http://avforum.no/forum/attachments...t30-gt30-st30-s30-panasonic-gt30-lg250.1.jpeg

http://avforum.no/forum/attachments...-vt30-gt30-st30-s30-panasonic-gt30-lg250.jpeg

The same reason I dont recommend the LG even to my enemy nowadays.
IMO, LG should stop making plasmas and other half baked products.. If wishes were horses..

Samsung lowend plasmas came with reasonably good filters till 2 years ago, but looking at the pictures and reading from net, looks like only 6,7,8 series come with the filters this year. All of which are not released in India.

Below thread has photos with after market filter if any one is interested.
3DTV and 3D content impression

umesh u dont need to stress ursellf much,if ur ma is unwell, better take care of her!!!Btw as for Sammy 51d550 being reflective, i think it's way blown out of proportion...i admit it's tad reflective compared to the expensive models,but u can easily sort that out in the confines of ur home with some conditioning of the ambient room light & u should be perfectly ok! For the matter, pdp exteriors in general being of ,glass with some a.r filters for expensive models those priced in g.p,compared to the d550,i find they still reflect,mayb a bit diffused way!
Whatever,the price,along with all the great features,p.q & size it offers,it is unrivalled in its segment!...imho,this is the Best Budget Plasma in the world today! Though this is also NOT the perfect tv,but the value that it offers more than covers the other little low points of it!

Apologies for the delay,but my mother unwell so wasn't able to concentrate on my normal activities,plan to take pictures in next few minutes and post shortly.
Kindly bear for some more time.thanks

I did not mean to hurt buddy.. Take care.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back