Sansui 32 HD ready [email protected] it worth 2 buy for 2 yrs?

confused

Today I saw a adv in my local newspaper about Sansui LCD TV.
Esteemed members pl dont rush to scold me for mentioning Sansui here
Basically I need a TV for 3 yrs after which when i get money 2 spare I can buy a Bigger Better LCD and considering I only watch TV on dish Tv and I am not a videophile and never watch HD dvds at home
So tell me is it worth to spend Rs 19K and buy a Sansui SAL32HBA LCD TV with 2 HDMI inputs,
resolution-1366X768
Contrast 20000:1
Brightness (cd/m2)-500
response time 6ms
Pl let me know ur views and sorry again to mention Sansui at such esteemed forum

Today I saw a adv in my local newspaper about Sansui LCD TV.
Esteemed members pl dont rush to scold me for mentioning Sansui here
Basically I need a TV for 3 yrs after which when i get money 2 spare I can buy a Bigger Better LCD and considering I only watch TV on dish Tv and I am not a videophile and never watch HD dvds at home
So tell me is it worth to spend Rs 19K and buy a Sansui SAL32HBA LCD TV with 2 HDMI inputs,
resolution-1366X768
Contrast 20000:1
Brightness (cd/m2)-500
response time 6ms
Pl let me know ur views and sorry again to mention Sansui at such esteemed forum

Considering nothing other than the fact the at a 29" CRT costs around 15k, I say go ahead and buy it.

Thanks,

You can get a full HD 1080p videocon LCD for 2k more if you look around. But 720p vs 1080p honestly does not make a difference in the 32" TVs.

Thanks blasto,
ya when one thinks of 32 inch lcd its not worth to think of full hd tv.
Blasto my concern is about quality of sansui.No i dont expect it would be as good as sam pany or sony but i dont wish to undergo horrifying experience that on one fine morning,i just switch on lcd only to find it has turned blind and mute! Dealer says it has 2 years manufacturer's warranty,but no one can sure of quality of sansui akai,hair or videocon.

Thanks blasto,
ya when one thinks of 32 inch lcd its not worth to think of full hd tv.
Blasto my concern is about quality of sansui.No i dont expect it would be as good as sam pany or sony but i dont wish to undergo horrifying experience that on one fine morning,i just switch on lcd only to find it has turned blind and mute! Dealer says it has 2 years manufacturer's warranty,but no one can sure of quality of sansui akai,hair or videocon.

Yes, You can't be sure of the quality. Thats why they are cheap.
But since you are looking for a lifespan of 2-3 years, The probability of the TV going caput before that is less. It depends on whether you want to take the risk.

If the warrenty is 2 years, It looks good. Even the good brands offer only 1 year warrenty.

Panasonic has a 3 year warrently program till today (31st). 720p TVs sell around 25k. Those are peace of mind products.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back