Sending audio equipment via courier within India

i have shipped Oppo BDP-83 to Banglore by DTDC from Kerala using their normal service.. The package weight was around 7.5KGs.. They charged me Rs. 365/- only (but without any insurance)...:)

Fellow members, informative thread! This forum never fails to amaze with, what with the kind of info it throws, if one just has to search. :)
My time has come. My Marantz CD5004, bought from hifimart.com, may have to be shipped back to the dist. "M-Z Audio distribution" for a possible fix/replacement to the transport mechanism - due to a "no disc" error! As this is the first time I am shipping something of this value and weight, I am extremely concerned about the damages to me & the unit! I researched and came across this thread which suggests Bluedart (expensive), DTDC (reasonable) and Gati (bad customer care). I am considering DTDC for its combination of acceptable reliability and cost. I am hoping it would cost me ~500 INR. Could some one please validate this choice and/or suggest a better courier? The weight of the cd player is 5.1kgs and I intend to send it back in its original box. Before that, I would try a lenscleaner cd and see what happens. I am disappointed that the player is just 1 month old and already acting up! Thanks for looking in and your inputs. Cheers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back