setting up 2 Chanel stereo system. please advice.

nmursekar

Hi. I am new on this forum. I had been following various posts since last year.
I am currently setting up my 2 chanel system for audiophiling. This would be my 2nd setup.
Fot HT setup i am having: pioneer vsx 1020k, lg bluray player, wdtv live hub 1tb media player, yamaha ns8390 floorstands and Boston Acoustics xs surround speakers.
Speaker cable- platinum 1.3 sq.mm. cable.
Im happy with the HT setup.
Now i want to move further for doing a seperate 2 chanel setup for audiophiling. I ve started up with DNM a777 integrated amp (150w rms/chanel) with jamo s606 floorstands. 90% of my music is digital compressed media like mp3 and flacs. I was using wdtv live media player. But not happy with the sound quality. SO i recently bought popcorn hour a410 media player which has ess sabre audiophile grade dac chip and can perform as a network dlna streamer plus NAS. By hooking up this in my setup augmented tremendous sonic improvement in the sound quality with clear instrument seperation. Cables used are DAC 16awg speaker cables with DAC rca interconnects which improved the sound clarity more.
Now i want to upgrade my integrated amp (currently uaing DNM a777). I ve shortlisted marantz pm6005 and Cambridge audio Azur 651a. My budget is approx 50k for amp.
Guys i want your suggestions/advice on amp which will suit/match with jamo s606. Or else should i upgrade speakers as well? Please help.

Sent you PM.Pls check

Hi. I am new on this forum. I had been following various posts since last year.
I am currently setting up my 2 chanel system for audiophiling. This would be my 2nd setup.
Fot HT setup i am having: pioneer vsx 1020k, lg bluray player, wdtv live hub 1tb media player, yamaha ns8390 floorstands and Boston Acoustics xs surround speakers.
Speaker cable- platinum 1.3 sq.mm. cable.
Im happy with the HT setup.
Now i want to move further for doing a seperate 2 chanel setup for audiophiling. I ve started up with DNM a777 integrated amp (150w rms/chanel) with jamo s606 floorstands. 90% of my music is digital compressed media like mp3 and flacs. I was using wdtv live media player. But not happy with the sound quality. SO i recently bought popcorn hour a410 media player which has ess sabre audiophile grade dac chip and can perform as a network dlna streamer plus NAS. By hooking up this in my setup augmented tremendous sonic improvement in the sound quality with clear instrument seperation. Cables used are DAC 16awg speaker cables with DAC rca interconnects which improved the sound clarity more.
Now i want to upgrade my integrated amp (currently uaing DNM a777). I ve shortlisted marantz pm6005 and Cambridge audio Azur 651a. My budget is approx 50k for amp.
Guys i want your suggestions/advice on amp which will suit/match with jamo s606. Or else should i upgrade speakers as well? Please help.

Hello All!

My first post on the forum so a short introduction follows :

Am a complete novice when it comes to audio components for a home stereo system , however some really useful threads in this community have enlightened me a bit.
I am looking to build a home audio stereo system to be used primarily for listening to Music - Hard Rock , Classic Rock , Bit of Metal , Techno , Instrumental ,
Ghazals and Sufi.

After going through a lot of threads and considering my budget - 50k ( little bit flexible ) , i have worked out the following options for the 3 major audio
components :

1. Player : pioneer bdp-160 ( 12 K approx ): Definitely want a player which supports all audio formats and seamlessly connects with iphone / ipod / USB.
But if there is a better player in the same budget with these features , please do suggest!

2. Speakers : wharfedale 10 series / monitor audio MR2 speakers ( 19 k ) : Ppl are recommending the MR2 over the Diamond 10.1 which would be comparable
in price with a 10.1 slightly more expensive.If i spend a little bit more to include the 10.2 in the list then i might as well go for the floor
standing Monitor MR4( 28 k ) ( but currently its out of budget )

3. Amplifier : norge 1000 /marantz 5004( 19 k ) : Frankly i was very heartened to see an Indian brand like Norge being discussed in the same breath as
some of the top amplifier brands but my only concern being no service support etc in Delhi for Norge.Hence more or less fixed on the Marantz 5004 ( 23 k )

IMPORTANT NOTE : My dad had purchased these in the US in early 70's and they still are in good condition although i have no idea how they will compare
with the more modern setup above.

A) kenwood - kr 6160 stereo receiver : Kenwood KR-6160 on thevintageknob.org
B ) audio dynamics ( ADC ) - 303 AX Loudspeakers Pair

Need your expert advise to suggest if the Kenwood receiver can replace the Marantz amp which would free up enough money for me to go in for MR4 or
maybe even better speakers.( attaching some pics for the kenwood receiver and ADC speakers )

Anxiously waiting for your valuable inputs over sleepless nights and hyper active days!

Attachments

• kenwood_front.jpg
    kenwood_front.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 103
  • kenwod_back.jpg
    kenwod_back.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 103
  • adc_speaker_front.jpg
    adc_speaker_front.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 104
Thanks

I know I had started a new threat but for some reason the admin is sitting on it.. And am actually running out of time as it's a bit urgent.would appreciate some replies.

Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back