setting up a 5.1 at home

baburajs

Hello I have Wharfedale 60 + speakers and Yamaha 461 receiver . I want to setup the 5.1 myself. Can any one help in doing this. I have no idea how to go about this. It will be great if some one can share some documents or some sites to have a look and do it myself.

All the help will be appreciated.

Hello I have Wharfedale 60 + speakers and Yamaha 461 receiver . I want to setup the 5.1 myself. Can any one help in doing this. I have no idea how to go about this. It will be great if some one can share some documents or some sites to have a look and do it myself.

All the help will be appreciated.

Please be more specific, what are you looking for, so that i and other members can throw whatever light we know.

Vinay.

Not familier with this model. I tried locating a manual for the said model (Moviestar 60+) but couldnt find any. Will let you know if i get hold of one. An other option is, if you can take couple of snaps of the package, may be someone will come up with the proper hookup options.

I'm not sure, if this is the one. But may be you can try!

http://www.cinedream.be/pdf/moviestar60.pdf

All the best.

Last edited:
Hello Unleash,

Thats indeed the system

My Room is about 12 * 14 . The problem I have is that My TV setup is in One corner and the opposite corner (diagonally opposite) has an L shaped couch. I have to set up the system in this room. I have already consulted a person and have got the speaker points marked and wiring done. Now I want guidance in setting up the speaker and receiver and matching them together.

Thanks

Babu,

Unfortunately, I can??t give you any suggestions regarding the speaker placements for "your" room.

This is Dolby's representation of corner placement.

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/34579/129026.jpg

I'm sure you??d have already done some good homework on the same. Plus you have some professional coming over to help you with that. In case if you need more reference, do check out some nicely illustrated links below.

Home Theater Speaker Placement Guide
An Essential Guide to Home Theater Speaker Placement

If you were specifically talking about calibrating your system, then I suggest you get hold of a SPL meter and DVE/AVIA/S&V HT TuneUp discs - personally used only the first two, not familier with the last one, but heard its good. Even the pink noise or test tone in your AVR will do. An other option is to get any THX certified discs. This should help you properly setup the system. Sub needs special care and takes a bit more trial and error, to get that perfect balance.

Hope this helps. All the best!

Hello Unleash,

Thats indeed the system

My Room is about 12 * 14 . The problem I have is that My TV setup is in One corner and the opposite corner (diagonally opposite) has an L shaped couch. I have to set up the system in this room. I have already consulted a person and have got the speaker points marked and wiring done. Now I want guidance in setting up the speaker and receiver and matching them together.

Thanks

Baburaj,

In my case the front speakers are around 2 feet away from the side walls and the wall behind these speakers.

My sitting area, is in the centre of the room, around 3 feet away from the rear wall, the front and center speakers are facing me and not in any other direction.

I was shifting my sub woofer to different points of the room, and keeping it that way for a few days for the testing, it is now in centre of the room, around 2 feet away from the wall.

I am using some sort of binders, to cover the speaker wires, this way it looks neat.

Vinay.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back