setting up a Hi Fi listening space

susheeljohn

Hi folks

I am doing up my new flat , will be using the living room for setting up the listening space, the size of the room is approximately 18 * 12 ft , would like advise on what civil work can be planned while renovating the flat to enhance the listening experience( of course this will depend on the quality of the music and equipment, but besides these).

I will be using ceramic tiles for the flooring, with POP on the walls and ceiling, the speakers will be floor standing.

thanks in advance

susheel

Hi folks

I am doing up my new flat , will be using the living room for setting up the listening space, the size of the room is approximately 18 * 12 ft , would like advise on what civil work can be planned while renovating the flat to enhance the listening experience( of course this will depend on the quality of the music and equipment, but besides these).

I will be using ceramic tiles for the flooring, with POP on the walls and ceiling, the speakers will be floor standing.

thanks in advance

susheel

What type of a system are you talking about here? 5.1, 7.1 or 2.1?

plain old vanila 2.1 ....

Well in that case get the wiring done in such a way that the distance between your floorstanders is around 6 ft. Carpeting the floor will help a lot, but if you can't do that, at least have a rug or something to enhance the listening experience. And if you will be using a sub, experiment with different subwoofer placements until it sounds right and then get the wiring done for that spot.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back