Shame on Dish FraudHD. They claim 'THIRTY FIVE' HD channels, yet NO 'IPL in HD'.

sanjay0864

Shame on Dish FraudHD. They claim to have 'thirty five' HD channels but the reality is, that they don't even have one of the only five 'TRUE' HD feeds available in India today, ie. 'SetMAX HD (IPL 2011)'.

Considering their new pricing plans, it is clear that Dish TV is not just a FRAUD company, but that they are also extortionists.

Last edited:
HD story in India is still quite disappointing. DishTV is making it worse by resorting to these tricks.

I think all those who fell for their 30 HD channels and bought DishTV HD would be disappointed. I am not sure what they (DishTV marketing) are trying to achieve. Are they just trying to collect money to cover their periodic payment for new satellite contract (70 channels blah...)? If yes, there are better ways to do that by restructuring their HD plan without making any false claims :(.

Absolutely, only some ignorant users are falling pray to these fake HD channels as they do look and sound better than most of the SD equivalent we see in other DTH providers. However that has more to do with MPEG4 encoding in VERY HIGH bandwidth allocation for these FAKE HD channels which make SOME of them look better than other SD DTH platforms.

However, them asking MOST for these REDUNDANT channels is not helping anyway. Only thing I support of Dish TV is them relaying all the DD Direct+ channels from original transponders and providing overall better PQ and SQ than TS+HD.

Only thing I support of Dish TV is them relaying all the DD Direct+ channels from original transponders and providing overall better PQ and SQ than TS+HD.
Yes. We still have to give them credit for what's good. Unfortunately their good deeds are being overshadowed by unethical marketing.

Who?

No-one's supporting them. There is something called "lock-in" :).

there are many, infact i have seen in other forums people requesting more upscaled channels,when they started with 2or 3 upscaled ones,

i guess every society gets what it deserves

I guess DishTV can upscale SET Max as well and sell it as SET Max HD for Rs. 300 on-time fee :D

Sad to hear about dish tv tactics, on TS HD i am watching the matches live and the PQ is awesome, so once again TS has done a good job.

Its basically ignorance, they are unaware that presenting the same SD channel with similar bitrate in MPEG4 will look better than these HD channels. Infact best for them is to pass the bitstream unadulterated (MPEG2/MPEG2 - doesn't matter). Even better is to use the original TP of the content provider to pass. This will reduce expense of the DTH provider and save their TP space.

I saw dish tv on my friends place and beleave it realy looks worse on his 42inch plasma. Execpt few channels all the SD and HD(all are upscalled) were looking bad even some good SD channels on tata sky like star movies looks better that dish tv's hd channels.
/Alok

I saw dish tv on my friends place and beleave it realy looks worse on his 42inch plasma. Execpt few channels all the SD and HD(all are upscalled) were looking bad even some good SD channels on tata sky like star movies looks better that dish tv's hd channels.
/Alok

Dont worry few members will come with a reply that Dish TV PQ is better than TS :eek:hyeah:

Dont worry few members will come with a reply that Dish TV PQ is better than TS :eek:hyeah:

Yes, that's correct. Be it a Tata Sky thread, Sun DTH thread, Airtel DTH thread, "few" members will SURELY jump-in and compare it with Dish TV and in their view, Dish TV is going to be much much better. Of late, I have left going to those DTH thread, where last post is by "few" members. I know it must be in appreciation of Dish TV. :yahoo:

Apparently some DTH forums are also controlled by these fan boys of Dish TV. I had started a similiar thread in the saveondish.com forum and it has been deleted. Either that forum is controlled by Dish TV, or the Dish TV fan boys control the forum adminstration.

Agreed but there are few users who support Dish TV's tactics
Jignesh bhai "few" of those people do extensive research before concluding something instead of vaguely saying "went to friend's place, Dish TV was looking worse on his 42" plasma" or "seems software upgrade on TS+HD box seems to have fixed Nat Geo HD's 5.1 channel mapping" :)

I am sure we realize the variables here. I agree that some of the English entertainment and NEWS channels like PIX, HBO, Zee Cafe, Zee Studio, Times Now look WORSE even in their Fake HD avatar for which I am working with their senior management to get an answer. However some of the Hindi Entertainment, ALL DD Direct+ FTA channels and ALL the REAL HD channels look and sound FAR SUPERIOR on Dish HD which bothers me most.

Apparently some DTH forums are also controlled by these fan boys of Dish TV. I had started a similiar thread in the saveondish.com forum and it has been deleted. Either that forum is controlled by Dish TV, or the Dish TV fan boys control the forum adminstration.

Thats quite SHOCKING to note! Did you talk with that site's moderator on why the thread was deleted?

Does Dish allow sale of STBs to other customers?
I am not so keen on continuing with Dish TruHD and looking for covering up some loss, if possible.
Anyone knows policy on this? And are there any threads in this forum for sale or exchanges of STBs?

I don't think you can sell STBs. You may want to keep it for now if you change your mind :). Or better still take a-la-carte from both operators.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back