Shame on Dish FraudHD. They claim 'THIRTY FIVE' HD channels, yet NO 'IPL in HD'.

I don't think you can sell STBs. You may want to keep it for now if you change your mind :). Or better still take a-la-carte from both operators.

Dish does not allow subscription of any channel, unless HD pack is taken.
HD pack is not allowed unless Platinum pack is taken.
So, it could be used only for FTA channels reception.

Dish does not allow subscription of any channel, unless HD pack is taken.
HD pack is not allowed unless Platinum pack is taken.
So, it could be used only for FTA channels reception.

Good you reminded me of this. DishTV's dictionary reads the following

Noun 1. a la carte - a menu having individual dishes listed with combined prices :clapping::clapping:

Really SHamefull Expirience

It is our duty to educate the Dish Tv that we know the difference between HD and SD i also got the connection named tru HD but all fake only 4 channels in HD all others fake fake.....
I am going to Consumer court requesting to all of you to contact TRAI and Consumer Court reg this...
I have all the videos,pictures and Logo of HD channels but dish TV really making fool

Re: Really SHamefull Expirience

It is our duty to educate the Dish Tv that we know the difference between HD and SD i also got the connection named tru HD but all fake only 4 channels in HD all others fake fake.....
I am going to Consumer court requesting to all of you to contact TRAI and Consumer Court reg this...
I have all the videos,pictures and Logo of HD channels but dish TV really making fool

They are already aware. They just decided to play the game this way. Too bad.

Who has the maximum number of true HD - INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMMING? Movies / TV Series & Documentaries/ Informational (National Geo/ Discovery etc) ?

HD Channels on Tata Sky HD and Tata Sky+ HD:

1) Star Plus HD
2) Star Gold HD
3) Star World HD
4) Star Movies HD
5) Set Max HD (for the duration of the IPL)
6) Discovery HD World
7) National Geographic HD

Price of HD Gold Pack (which includes all these HD channels) is Rs.50 per month. Earlier it was Rs.30 per month and was later hiked to Rs.50.

Which ones are those? What prices?

How is the STB stuff from 7 star? Good channels for Good prices from what I've heard :)

Check there site for more info (HD DVR - Tata Sky+ HD Channel packages). Its just Rs.50 for now for 7 High Quality HD channels. Some of these channels have audio glitches which I am trying to work with their technical teams to fix.

Its official, Dish TV is run by Morons

Salil Kapoor the COO of Dish TV, in an interview on CNBC-TV18 spoke about how the latest norms would impact his company and the sector in general.

Below is a verbatim transcript of his interview with CNBC-TV18s Latha Venkatesh and Anuj Singhal. For the complete interview watch the accompanying video.

Q: Does this impact you at all or is this entirely a cable and MSO thing your DTH game should go on unhindered or will it nevertheless get a bit of a boost?

A: It will get a lot of boost. It has come at the right time for us. We recently launched our 30 HD channels and this is the right time for digitization to start. Especially with this uncertain data of March 2012 in the four metros which is going to be a high HD market for us. We are best placed to capitalize on that.

It is not entirely a cable story because the content cast is better with us. The addressability is much better with us again and the VAS and the HD all these things are not available. Everybody who is sitting on the fence and even the subscribers who want to move to the digital platform will choose DTH without a doubt.

Q: How many channels are available on HD on Dish TV and can you compare that to Tata Sky?

A: I would not compare with competition here. I can tell you that today we have about 30 plus channels on HD and we have seen a lot of acceptance from the consumer side especially in the big cities and the ramp up is happening fast. We had earlier said that only about 10% of our subscribers will come from high definition but now we see it exceeding 10%. This fiscal which is 2011-12 we see that the percentage will go up to 15%.

Will exploit digitization; launched 30 HD channels: Dish TV - CNBC-TV18 -

Most funny quote... Feel like SLAPPING Mr. Salil Kapoor for creating FRAUD and PROMOTING it by boosting it in Media. Not sure how it is being tolerated in India. This person should have gone BEHIND BARS immediately after he started leading the promotion that they have 30+ HD channels!

Q: Even in HD there are a significant number of competitors coming in so you have competition rising in HD also. How will margins progress even if you add 3.5 million subscribers at the run-rate, would they bring in less money?
A: There will be competition for sure. The competition does not impact us because we have taken our big leap as far as HD is concerned. Nobody has 30 plus channels as HD offering on their platform. The nearest would be five-seven without naming the competitors. There is a long way to go for competition on the high definition platform.

I think his claim on HD viewership numbers for DishTru HD is probably true. It is a reflection on samsung HD TV sales boost during the world cup, and people picked their free/subsidized STBs for time being. But, Dish need to realize that honeymoon period is over, and now their unfair pricing is a big obstacle for customers in continuing with them.
I have written to them multiple times from my Dish online a/c on how unhappy I am about their packaging and pricing. I am on the verge of going back to Tatasky, though not any complaints on the quality of DishTV services.

I have written to them multiple times from my Dish online a/c on how unhappy I am about their packaging and pricing. I am on the verge of going back to Tatasky, though not any complaints on the quality of DishTV services.

I also did that. If more users do the same, perhaps they'll take a notice. I haven't been able to evaluate TataSky HD yet, plan to do this weekend. I can't hold my self from subscribing to TataSky :).

I have written to them a few times without making any judgmental comments. They categorically do not forget to mention that they have 35 HD channels in every reply. However they never accept/reject or otherwise make any references to "upscaling" :(.

^ Exactly. Infact they gave a "Gag Order" to me yesterday telling they wont take any tough words for their "Respectable" COO despite him leading this SCAM and promoting it by disguising the media!

They gave an "offer" to me that they will take my "old" HD STB and give a "brand new" SD STB where I can "choose" any SD packs of my choice and also get an additional "Rs.250" for the inconvenience (specifically mentioned these terms). Its like as they are unable to resolve the issues registered with them for several months, they want to run away with Rs.2990 I paid for the HD STB and the recharges till date + Rs.990 towards "cash back offer" when they had originally promised to refund the entire amount or credit the equivalent amount to my account after resolving the issues which they could never do!

Last edited:
My wish is to start tata sky for HD only and continue using DishTV's HD box for SD only. I'll ofcourse want to downgrade from platinum to a more sensible pack. Any missing channels I can get on tata sky since they have a real a-la-carte as opposed to DishTV's pseudo a-la-carte.

My wish is to start tata sky for HD only and continue using DishTV's HD box for SD only. I'll ofcourse want to downgrade from platinum to a more sensible pack. Any missing channels I can get on tata sky since they have a real a-la-carte as opposed to DishTV's pseudo a-la-carte.

And for that only they want you to switch to a SD box!

I think his claim on HD viewership numbers for DishTru HD is probably true. It is a reflection on samsung HD TV sales boost during the world cup, and people picked their free/subsidized STBs for time being. But, Dish need to realize that honeymoon period is over, and now their unfair pricing is a big obstacle for customers in continuing with them.

I'm also fed up with their pricing and all. Dishtv have disappointed all their loyal customers and i believe they will have to pay a price for the same in the long run.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back