Shame on Dish FraudHD. They claim 'THIRTY FIVE' HD channels, yet NO 'IPL in HD'.

Me too quite unhappy with their policies. Eagerly waiting for my Tata Sky to be installed.

me too very frustrated by a cheat company who sells upscaled sd channels as hd....what do they think....r all indians such bloody fools & know nothing on the tech front of dth & hd channels...so they can dole out any garbage & call it hd & do a rock & roll about it!

last time i heard someone has made a pil against dish tv's hd scam......as for me,i simply have NOT recharged my Dishtv a/c.(after getting the 45 days free offer after purchase ofsamsung tv)...where to retain receiving a few original hd channels & half dozen upscaled hd chaannels, i have to belt out rs 550 per month compulsory( platimum package rs 430 as minimum must & another 120 for the so called hd pack)

i hope such wise strategies to win hd mkt. share & brand goodwill will go surely go xtra miles & truly bear fruit...i'm just that example!

Now the AsliHD is in market and these people are still trying to sell their 35 HD channels. Totaly shameless marketing team they have:mad:

Now the AsliHD is in market and these people are still trying to sell their 35 HD channels. Totaly shameless marketing team they have:mad:

Forget about marketing team... Talk of COO SALIL KAPOOR! He is HIMSELF boosting in Media that they have 35HD channels when the nearest competitor have max 6 to 7! When I complained about this to Dish TV Senior manager to take a note of this, he wanted me not to criticize his "respectable" COO instead of letting him know how much of a CHEAP and FRAUD he has PROVED himself to be through such media briefings...

Best follow my example & let know how tech savvy customers feel about how awesome & unique their "True-HD" service is!

me too very frustrated by a cheat company who sells upscaled sd channels as hd....what do they think....r all indians such bloody fools & know nothing on the tech front of dth & hd channels...so they can dole out any garbage & call it hd & do a rock & roll about it!

last time i heard someone has made a pil against dish tv's hd scam......as for me,i simply have NOT recharged my Dishtv a/c.(after getting the 45 days free offer after purchase ofsamsung tv)...where to retain receiving a few original hd channels & half dozen upscaled hd chaannels, i have to belt out rs 550 per month compulsory( platimum package rs 430 as minimum must & another 120 for the so called hd pack)

i hope such wise strategies to win hd mkt. share & brand goodwill will go surely go xtra miles & truly bear fruit...i'm just that example!

With new package combination, I guess all the HD channels are covered in Rs.450 (HD premiere pack). Remaining ones are all upscaled ones anyways.
I guess it is still expensive by about Rs.50, but I am ok with it for time being.
(time being = TataSky's HD DVR boxes are out of stock)

Not sure if they have any plans of getting the STAR channels into the pack. Anyone inquired so far?

yes i have made the pil against their scam till president Mr Rajiv Thakkar i reached and i reached till TRAI also then they refund my all the money with extra 1000 Rs that i spend on net to send them mails etc for coordination send mails to higher authorities reg theier scam and also do the case file in COnsumer court otherwise this DTH going to make the fool to customers regularly...................

yes i have made the pil against their scam till president Mr Rajiv Thakkar i reached and i reached till TRAI also then they refund my all the money with extra 1000 Rs that i spend on net to send them mails etc for coordination send mails to higher authorities reg theier scam and also do the case file in COnsumer court otherwise this DTH going to make the fool to customers regularly...................

Count me in for those complaints and PILs... Rs.1000 is nothing for what they have been doing..

^
Appeal to :: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::

A case in point - My friend's experience explained below -
(This can be used to lodge complaint against any service provider including Dish TV, just the proper ministry needs to be selected)

PGP Portal-Telecom Related Complaints & Resolution
It Worked, Share Your Successful Resolution in this Topic.

There have been suggestions in many other topics to lodge your Telecom & Mobile Subscriber related complaints at Portal For Public Grievances against your Operators as a last resort if you have exhausted all aveneues and still did not find a resolution. Some have been very skeptical about effectiveness, Some actually have been successful using this medium and Some have been strongly urging everyone to use this medium.

To be Honest, i belonged to the skeptical category. But still as a last resort wanted to give it a try for a long standing problem with Reliance Communications regarding Non De-Activation of Mobile TV subscription & Refund of about 7 months subscription.

The Problem Story...
-Activated Mobile TV All Rs. 149 Per Month Pack in R-CDMA through RWorld in the Month of August-2010 when i had an OMH Handset.
-In less than a month, got Palm Pixi which does not support RWorld directly. Before switching to Pixi, Tried De-Activating Mobile TV Subscription from Old OMH Handset. There was no De-Activation Option at all.
-Called Customer Care requesting De-Activation.
-10-12 Complaints, Every time complaints closed without De-Activation. 30-35 Calls. No Result. Finally was asked to Visit Web World for Resolution.
-Did so. At First visit WebWorld told that De-activation will be done and refund will be considered.
-Was Disgusted and thinking of living R-CDMA for good & then got Fascinate with EVDO. Still decided on porting out. Generated port code & then again visited Webworld.
-3 Such visit to Webworld. Problem not solved. Webworld said Backend responded saying it can not be De-Activated by them... Can be done only from the handset through RWorld.
-Paid MobiTV subcription every month from September 2010 till March 2011 without actually using it.

Finally on 13th March 2011, lodged the complaint on :: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::

It is a common portal for many ministries & you have to select Telecom Ministry. There is a registration process. Your registered complaint becomes User ID & Password you can select.
You can then track the status of the complaint, give reminder or additional info after logging in.

After about 3 days, complaint showed the status of forwarded to Reliance Communications. Name of some Reliance Official was appearing. I thought OK... The Postman doing his job of just forwarding.

Nothing happened for a month. On 12th April again checked the complaint status & it was now showing UNDER PROCESS instead of Forwarded.

On 15th April received a call from some senior sounding official from Reliance Corporate Center. He politely asked me whether i complained to Govt. of India? Yes. He then inquired which Webworld i visited for resolution? Thereafter he said since Saturday, Sunday is a holiday, i can expect to receive a feedback on Monday. Also said that he will ensure that i will be updated properly and don't need to call them again. After a formal sounding sorry, conversation was over.

18th April Received a Call from a lady at Reliance Corporate Center. Told me she has been assigned to monitor resolution of this complaint & will update me with the results.
19th April Same lady called up to say that MobileTV subscription is now de-activated and Refund for 7 months is being processed.
20th April Lady again called up to say, Refund has been processed & credited to my account & will appear in Next Bill. After some time, a formail mail from Reliance Corporate Center confirmed the same.

Still not convinced, checked my online account with RComm.... Voilla... Credit Balance For The First Time in 7 Years... Status of MobiTV De-activation will be confirmed only when the bill comes.

The whole purpose of writing this lengthy post is to make everyone aware that PGP Portal may not just be a Postman & we can take benefit of it for Redressal of Telecom Grievances after exhausting all avenues with our operator.

If it was just a Postman, why would Reliance Communications have bothered at all particularly when it did nothing for over 7 months despite so much follow up and even a port out request from an old customer.

We all know that legally PGP Portal may not have legislative power to act again Telcos, but there must be that SOMETHING ELSE which might be forcing Telcos to consider & resolve complaints lodged through it. I have no idea what that Something Else is and don't bother at all. The problem got resolved and that's what matters.

So Please take benefit of this recourse and try it.

Also request all who have been Successful through this medium for different problems to post here... So More Members Can Be Aware...

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back