Share your favorite Album cover art

The album cover, by Nels Israelson and Hugh Syme, is a photograph a lady sitting at a dressing table, looking in a mirror. However, if the cover is viewed at arm's length or from a distance, it takes the form of a skull (a type of vanitas art), the woman's head forming the left eye socket, and her reflected head in the mirror forming the right eye socket. The mirror itself forms the shape of the skull and the accessories on the dressing table form the nose, nostrils and teeth. It was inspired by Charles Allan Gilbert's most famous work, All Is Vanity (1892).

source:Retro Active - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

almost all Def Leppard covers..... until slang.

Def_Leppard_-_Adrenalize.jpg

Def_Leppard_-_On_Through_the_Night.jpg

Def_Leppard_-_High_%27n%27_Dry.jpg

Def_Leppard_-_Pyromania.jpg

and the best...

Def_Leppard_-_Hysteria_%28vinyl_version%29.jpg

love the font too....

Some more cover art which I like
16F2C1427CCF42A6B1421545BC340965.jpg
jeff_beck_guitar_shop.jpg
63298.jpg

(1) Herbie Hanccock ~ finger painting (2) Jeff Beck ~ guitar shop (3) Jimi Hendrix ~ Crash Landing

Thanks santhosh and taureanbull. very appropriate for album cover thread.

Here is a 'groovy' album art of the group 'sweet' and album name 'off the record'.
sweet-the-off-the-record.jpg

Love the diamond making music. :)

I was lucky to pick up these 4 NOS (New Old Stock) Hindi LPs on my recent visit to Chennai:
1) Naseeb
2) Souten
3) Baton Baton Mein
4) Amitabh Bachan Live Tonight (My dad has this on tape and listens to it till today)

All are favourites but would like to share the Album Cover Art of Naseeb as I found it quite interesting. Incredible!! The amount of work that has gone into making an LP costing a princely Rs.27.68/-:eek:hyeah:
Front Cover:
faa6e4b0.jpg

Back Cover:
833556be.jpg

Inner Sleeve - Front:
2b07d63e.jpg

Inner Sleeve - Rear
ba1750f6.jpg

24525.jpg

I was always fascinated by the album art & thats how I would get into listening to the bands music :D
Man Uriah Heep rocks !

innocent-victim-20.jpg

Last edited:
Now for some of the art covers of a Band very Close to my Heart ;)

As always the Art work is Mindblowing :licklips:

seventh-son-80.jpg

seventh-son-82.jpg

aces-high-20.jpg

aces-high-21.jpg

iron-maiden-best-beast-11.jpg

cai-play-madness-90.jpg

fear-dark-20.jpg

iron-maiden-killers-70.jpg

live-death-1101.jpg

live-death-1102.jpg

no-prayer-dying-EEC-20.jpg

matter-life-death-10.jpg

matter-life-death-11.jpg

piece-mind-94.jpg

piece-mind-98.jpg

real-live-one-20.jpg

somewhere-uk-10.jpg

somewhere-uk-13.jpg

@ Santhosh : Yes that Naseeb cover is different. Very unusual for an Indian Vinyl.

jaxx.jpg

laroux_cover.jpg

image_url10-12-2009-025537.jpg

in_this_light_and_on_this_evening_editors_album-260x260.jpg

When I was in school, I bought the cassette of 1942 a love story just because of the cover

1942_-_A_Love_Story.jpg

The songs turned out to be much better then the cover though :)

My school time favorite Lucky Ali's 'Sifar' album cover. The album booklet is even more interesting. Reminds me of those cassette days.

Attachments

• lucky-ali-sifar.jpg
    lucky-ali-sifar.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 77
from Wiki (where else?)
The album cover for The Velvet Underground & Nico is recognizable for featuring a Warhol print of a banana on the cover. Early copies of the album invited the owner to "Peel slowly and see"; peeling back the banana skin revealed a flesh-colored banana underneath. A special machine was needed to manufacture these covers (one of the causes of the album's delayed release), but MGM paid for costs figuring that any ties to Warhol would boost sales of the album.Most reissued vinyl editions of the album do not feature the peel-off sticker; the original copies of the album with the peel-sticker feature are now rare collector's items. A Japanese re-issue LP in the early 1980s was the only re-issue version to include the banana sticker for many years."

the album itself is good listening.....

Velvet Underground sues to protect their iconic banana - Music News - IBNLive

Thanks for reviving the thread Moktan.
Got me thinking. The velvet underground cover was based on Andy warhol's famous artwork which you did mentioned in these thread. Do people work like that these days of Kolaveri Di ? Do creative people's perspective change ? I think creative work should be universal and have lasting value.
Regards

Back