SHOLAY 1975 in 3D and Blu-Ray

prepress

Last year in March (2012) I have seen a news (see clicked image) about SHOLAY (1975) that the 3d version is almost complete and should be released in August 2012 but not released yet. Again this news is hot and chances to release in this August 2013. I hope after releasing of 3D version they may launch its Blu-Ray in 3D :yahoo::clapping::yahoo:

Times of India
Yahoo
Bollyspice
Mid Day

If the film makers just remaster its previous version and release 2D version only; even it will be a welcome decision. All they need to do is...just release the film's Bluray in original aspect ratio and lossless sound !!

even if they re realease it in the condition as it is..in multiplexes..and in normal halls..
present movies will be having a hard time

It should be wise decision, but unfortunately our Indian companies don't bother to work (remaster), most recent example is Gupt and Vidhaata. Both movies are good and could be awesome if remastered perfectly. But the results from EAGLE is pathetic and it seems like VCD, even EROS "Gupt" DVD is much much better than that Blu-Ray.

If the film makers just remaster its previous version and release 2D version only; even it will be a welcome decision. All they need to do is...just release the film's Bluray in original aspect ratio and lossless sound !!

hahaha very true. The original version of SHOLAY was Dolby "STEREO" and was awesome. I have its complete Dialogues and Songs on CD and really I like the stereo separation. Really great work.

I remember in 2000 (before Kaho Na Pyaar Hai Released), there is a Cinema (Batra) in my city and they celebrated "Amitabh Bachchan Week" and showed all Amitabh Bachchan movies. The cinema was Dolby Digital that time. Showed 3 shows per day (3 movies in a day) for one week, daily new movies, total 21 movies.

even if they re realease it in the condition as it is..in multiplexes..and in normal halls..
present movies will be having a hard time

The original version of SHOLAY was Dolby "STEREO" and was awesome.
Just so folks know, "Dolby Stereo" was a 4-channel matrix: Left, Centre, Right, and mono Surround channel.

When Dolby Stereo soundtracks were released on home video (VHS), it was re-named "Dolby Surround" (the company thought that if they used the word stereo, consumers wouldn't realize it was surround sound).

The consumer decoder used to extract the centre and surround channel was called Dolby Pro Logic.

Growing up in New York, I got to hear Sholay in surround during a brief 70mm run. Even back then (decades before the 5.1 remix) there was noticable content, and even one instance of dialogue, in the surround channel.

If you can't wait for SHOLAY then you can watch "RAMGOPAL VERMA KI AAG" :eek:hyeah:

That is exactly what I thought when I heard the stuff they were doing for the 3D version. I heard the movie is being mixied in Dolby Atmos in Chennai with a recreated soundtrack which includes new recording of the original music. Dolby Atmos mix for the original soundtrack is ok but they should not mess with the elements of the original soundtrack.

hahaha very true. The original version of SHOLAY was Dolby "STEREO" and was awesome. I have its complete Dialogues and Songs on CD and really I like the stereo separation. Really great work.

I was not around when Sholay was released but as far as I know the film did not have Dolby stereo encoding, the 70mm prints had regular 6 track sound.
The first Dolby stereo 6 track film was some Hollywood film released in 1976 or 1977, so Sholay which was released in 1975 with six track sound could not have had Dolby Stereo six track encoding.

I was not around when Sholay was released but as far as I know the film did not have Dolby stereo encoding, the 70mm prints had regular 6 track sound.
The first Dolby stereo 6 track film was some Hollywood film released in 1976 or 1977, so Sholay which was released in 1975 with six track sound could not have had Dolby Stereo six track encoding.
Yup, the 35mm prints were mono and the 70mm prints were 6-track surround, but did not have Dolby noise reduction.

Sholay (1975) - Technical Specifications - IMDb

But IMDB says the first was released in 1942, then 1953, 54, 55, 56......

See this.

I am done with the petition signature, but still it needs 2,999,956 more :mad:
According to me there is nothing to think or worry to release its Blu-Ray for companies. If they can release MANY useless and worst titles on Blu-Ray then why not this bollywood milestone, it will/can generate 1000 times more revenue than those useless titles.

Why don't we folks just sign this petition for restoring Sholay on Bluray.

Petition to have Restoration and Preservation of "Sholay" on Bluray.

This is great news, but still they are postponing the release I am not sure why. But it will be true if this statements works "its promo could be out on August 15." waiting for it:licklips: Pray for it :yahoo::clapping:

Sholay 3D will be released on 11th October to celebrate Big B's B'day. :yahoo:

'Sholay 3D' to release on Amitabh Bachchan's 71st birthday?

3D version of 'Sholay' to release on Amitabh Bachchan's birthday - The Times of India

No news for Blu Ray yet but I think it will be released eventually.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back