SHOLAY 1975 in 3D and Blu-Ray

Zat would be kool!! :D

Hope all that really happens. Sholay is a classic. (expecting too much, aye?? :baaa: )
Even mughal-e-azam should have those features too. :)

---------------------------

Housefull (crappy in my dictionary) has those features on DVD (commentaries, etc.) :baaa:
^sucks

(Originally posted in the Chasme Baddor thread)

The only Sholay DVD I have is the latest Pen version which is below average! Nonsensical 5.1 (out of mono) and okayish picture (cropped) :angry:

I've also recorded HD telecast (on Zee Cinema) which is the best.
Great PQ & AQ (picture quality and audio quality ) progressive and WONDERFULLY RESTORED!!!! Not cropped (slightly from the top & bottom)
The best Sholay quality I've seen. (3D version was pretty blurry and looked somewhat like a painting).

DEi too released it. (surprisingly is DEI's worst job). I don't have it but people in another forum say that it looks unnatural (good sharpness, but grainy video, extra contrast and negligible shadow detail and slightly weak colors)

The sound is buzzing and tearing.

Looking at the DEi screenshots I feel that the PEn version is the same (I may be wrong)
---------------------
Maybe Pen, who holds Sholay rights currently and was involved with Sholay 3D (can't exactly say what), may bring out the 3d version's DVD and Blu ray.
But we may have that huge pen logo on top of the screen which is pretty annoying.
Hello, HDDCS

Can you help me with the HD telecast (on Zee Cinema) of Sholay i would be grateful?

You are in luck! We all are!! :yahoo:
Retelecast on Sunday 21st June 8 pm, Zee Cinema HD and Zee Cinema.
Also on Zee Classic today, 20th June 7.30 pm.

Unfortunately Zee TV does not have Dolby Digital audio. Also Zee TV has the nasty habit of cropping the video to 16:9 aspect ratio. So although you will get HD video, you will neither get the original aspect ratio nor will you get the original multi-channel audio.

How maddening is that :mad: :mad:
Anyway, hopefully good video quality.
Zee HD at this time is showing in widescreen.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back