SHOLAY 1975 in 3D and Blu-Ray

"First day, first show" was a fad way back during college days. Now work life doesn't permit. So it will be some weekend for me.

"First day, first show" was a fad way back during college days. Now work life doesn't permit. So it will be some weekend for me.
Yes, Missing those days. We (with brother) watched mostly movies 1st day 1st show in 90's. Will watch 1st day 1st show after few years.

Great man. I will try to catch it this weekend or whenever I get the time. Let us know your feedback.
Sure, will do. :D

Doing the above may result in suicidal tendencies in humans. Tested positively on white mice and chimps. :eek:hyeah::D

:lol: Tried it. I can understand about RGV why he made this (Nisha Kothari :licklips:) but I am not sure why other stars like Big B or Ajay Devgan worked in this.

One more thing I want to share. The theater I preferred to watch is completely full (no tickets available for 1st show, HOUSEFULL) and second show is 50% already booked, almost complete Gold tickets has been sold. Thought to watch it on Sunday and same situation was on Sunday too. So tried in other theaters and luckily got B row seats (2nd row from top- booked center corners so that I can enjoy/hear all effects equally).

Finally watched 1st day 1st show of SHOLAY 3D :yahoo: , it was really great experience and I would like to share about that.
First and foremost the movie is same it is available on Indian DVD's, no additional scenes, no alternate end. Even Sachin (Ahmed) killing is not shown, Gabbar just killed a fly and the next scene was Sachin dead body is coming on a horse.

3D conversion is good, some scenes are really great and some look like flat 2D. Some effects are like they are coming outside from screen, a guy who was seated in my next row was moving and tried many times to keep himself safe from the bullets and wooden pieces :D
But overall it is must watch movie in 3D.

Background music is edited and re-created but very close/similar to the original ones. New background music has been added in few scenes (there was no background music in original movie) Flashback of Thakur family, where all family members were introduced and killed by Gabbar. A happy background music was added there. When Amitabh was dying sad background music was there, before Sad version of "Yeh Dosti" (Kishore Kumar). At Soorma Bhopali place, Wood cutting machine sound is added. Gabbar loud dialogues are in echo like he is in rocks and mountains. Same thing used in Dharmendra water tank scene as he was on the height (Suicaaaaaide) :D

They have worked on every small/tiny detail. Added sounds in minor things, you can notice "Asrani" (Angrezon ke zamane ke jailor) stick sound. Revolver chamber spin sound was awesome and many more (don't want to make it long post) :D

Songs music is re-created (a minor disappointment who like pure original soundtracks) but they tried to maintain the originality of songs. But I felt that the vocal (center channel) was lower than the other channels as fronts and surrounds were continuously working in songs (that doesn't mean same sound was coming from all speakers), they re-created the music just to make it in separate channels. I really like the music presentation of "Mehbooba Mehbooba" but only regret is RD voice was lower than Music :( which is in all songs.

Overall it really deserves a watch and we should thank and appreciate to Sholay 3D team. I couldn't tell enough and my words may not do justice about what I felt (sorry for that), but I would suggest to watch it in theater.

Great effects were:
1. Rail engine START/STOP
2. Gabbar's entry, and the BASS of his walking steps. Noticed they have added a bit bass in his walking steps may be considering his weight :D
3. Guns, Bullets, Bomb Blasts etc
4. Running Horses
5. Title Music (in the beginning and end of movie)
etc etc

Cigarette Smoking warning was 5-6 times at the left bottom of screen but very smaller and not noticeable.

As we are on next page so may be few FM's miss the first review. My first review is on PAGE 5.

Also post your experience/review after watching this movie.

Great review prepress :) Spot on and definitely made me curious. Will catch the movie on Monday as all the weekend shows are already booked.

And it was fine that they only added BASS in Gabbar's step. We must be thankful they didn't add "BAAS ??? (????)" from Gabbar's mouth as an special effects ;) :lol:

Great review prepress :) Spot on and definitely made me curious. Will catch the movie on Monday as all the weekend shows are already booked.

And it was fine that they only added BASS in Gabbar's step. We must be thankful they didn't add "BAAS ??? (????)" from Gabbar's mouth as an special effects ;) :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Even I have watched this in FR as others were completely booked or the upper seats were booked, FR play very loud and sometimes it looks uncomfortable but it is okay for now. Let see if watch it again in other theater.

Hmmm. I am purist by nature and would generally not like changes. But I am going to see the movie anyway.

After say almost ten years, I bunked work to catch the afternoon show of Sholay 3D. As I couldn't not find anyone to accompany me during the 'odd' hours, even not my girlfriend, I decided to go ahead with the adventure alone. :yahoo:

Back to the movie, watched it at PVR as I was told by a Sholay-fanatic to do so. The 3D gave the characters a real life like presence. The improvement of sound was really noticeable with surround effects, the gunshot, punches, the detailed sound of train running, its engine. However, the voice both in scenes and movies seemed to be a bit low comparing to the background score and music.

The impact of the gunshots, bullets and other particles flying at you was worth mentioning, though the span of this effect was very limited.

Sholay is already a cult, so no matter how you present it, unlike RGV ki Aag, people are going to be curious and going to watch it.

Overall had a good time watching Sholay 3D.

After say almost ten years, I bunked work to catch the afternoon show of Sholay 3D. As I couldn't not find anyone to accompany me during the 'odd' hours, even not my girlfriend, I decided to go ahead with the adventure alone. :yahoo:

Back to the movie, watched it at PVR as I was told by a Sholay-fanatic to do so. The 3D gave the characters a real life like presence. The improvement of sound was really noticeable with surround effects, the gunshot, punches, the detailed sound of train running, its engine. However, the voice both in scenes and movies seemed to be a bit low comparing to the background score and music.

The impact of the gunshots, bullets and other particles flying at you was worth mentioning, though the span of this effect was very limited.

Sholay is already a cult, so no matter how you present it, unlike RGV ki Aag, people are going to be curious and going to watch it.

Overall had a good time watching Sholay 3D.

I hope you enjoyed the BUNK feeling as well. :D
Yes, as I already mentioned the voice was lower than the music (Center vs Other Channels). But I love the Engine/Train sound... the whole train scene was awesome. What about your review about songs? Mehbooba Mehbooba :licklips:

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back