Shopyourworld.com feedback & review

rameshbitra

Hey all..I placed an order with shopyourworld.com to get an item from EBay US on Oct 28th. They confirmed the order very next day. I followed up once on Nov 3rd for an update and they said they are not dealing with EBay. But in their website, it showed that parcel is in transit.

They didnt even bother to inform the customer that they arent dealing with EBay thru an email. Only when we call them and ask for an update an week later, these guys told me. I immediately requested them to cancel the order and asked them to credit money back to my debit card. I placed this cancellation request on Nov 4th and they acknowledged too. Till now, I havent received my money back. I am trying to call customer care, but repeatedly I am being kept in IVR for even 45 mts and then too not getting a customer care executive. I dont know how long to hold. I tried "call back" service thru their website but didnt receive any call. Also i tried chat option, but no operator responds. I tried sending emails to them but again no response.

I dont know how to hold one of these guys to atleast respond. Can you guys help??? Do you have any contacts apart from customer care, their normal contact email id and chat option?

re: Shopyourworld.com feedback & review

i dont deal on line so not sure what to do. However just check : they may respond if any of your friend shows interest in dealing with them. Once they contact him, you can get hold of them through your friend.

there have been pretty many cases of this sort with shopyourworld. including delay in refund, extra money being asked at customs etc etc. hence its always advisable to check on the net for reviews for any e-commerce website before you buy anything from them..

Suggest you wait for another feel and if still you don't get a response, you can take it up at the consumer forum/court as you have saved all the communication you have had with them, which will serve as proof.

all the best

I was thinking of using shopyourworld. Now I will not.

I had a similar experience with another online shopping site. I threatened them saying I would put my review on sites like mouthshut.com. They finally refunded my money after that.

I bought few items thru SYW previously..for sure not without hassles but at least received those items. Will never purchase any items from SYW now on.

try aramax shop and ship for ebay. But check the policy/ individual item as they may not ship to such addresses.

Sorry for your troubles. Thanks for sharing with the forum.

Sorry ramesh to hear the trouble. I dint knew that SYW dealt with ebay. Anyway its troublesome to getback money from them. I am not sure whether the my suggestion helps you.

If you can find the same thing/similiar thing in amazon, call them and ask them to refund as SYW rupees which they can do within 24 hours. Using that you can buy from amazon and make use of the money that is blocked. It may take another 1.5 months to get the item though.

If you want to get money itself, i think you need to change the tone of interaction and give multiple calls @ 02261323232. Chat and email wont help based on my experience.

dear ramesh,
sorry to hear about ur deal.
havent deal online with any one.
i was planing to buy some blu ray disc online . but , cancelling the plan know. dont know how to tackle with online frods. whom to catch hold? . thks for ur post for saving some feature frods .
:sad:

many indian sites are decorated with harashment incidents in many open forums ..my personal bad exp relates to HS18,DealsAndyou[worst cheats,running crap shop from some ramu kaka's place],Buy the price [close coleague] ...

most of the time the cheats dont have the item but they bill you !
Later after relaxed time they givr refund...imforming customer is outof tradition for all these , i hope wallmart etc come and teach these fellows a hard lesson

You can click the like button on facebook and leave your bad experience on facebook. That way you will make others also see how shopyourworld operates.

Use social networking to your advantage

You can click the like button on facebook and leave your bad experience on facebook. That way you will make others also see how shopyourworld operates.

Use social networking to your advantage

If you do that, they just ban you.

I am blocked from their facebook page. (For enquiring about my orders after more than a month of not receiving them. I still haven't received them!)

25-Nov-2011 TIN0436427US Rs6990.00
26-Nov-2011 TIN0438533UK Rs3300.00

Going to be filing a chargeback soon. As their customer service is non-existent!

Yes ,Please refrain from buying anything from Shop your world them.They do not deliver the product and if you cancel it then they sit on your money.My husband is still waiting for a refund of Rs 43000 from them since three months.I am going to the consumer court since it is a big amount.CHEATS in capital letters,completely dishonest.SHOP YOUR WORLD is more like FLEECE YOUR WORLD.COM

Syw

It seems there are too many complains about SYW.

I had a narrow escape but was able to get last year my projector with some delay.

It is any day better to stay away sourcing from SYW.

V.

I have bought stuff from SYW a few times - each time the bill was around Rs.5000/ - . I have had delays with their shipping a couple of times but have also had deliveries come in from Amazon US in 10 days :).The funny thing is that the delay was due to Aramex Hyderabad being almost completely unapproachable.However,I was quite persistent,sending off emails to the Aramex branch manager - and ultimately getting my shipments delivered.I never felt that SYW itself was untrustworthy.But they really do need to get their refund system working smoothly to avoid p***ing off prospective customers.They seem to have this strange system where converting the refund amount into SYW rupees is ridiculously easy but getting the money credited back to your card/bank is painfully prolonged.I love Flipkart because of their amazing delivery service and refund system.

dont ever ever buy anything from this site ,firstly they delay shipping,it took 45 days,second they send you wrong product,third they ask courier guy to collect it and again send same thing and then cancel order then never refund ,how many times ever you call coustomercare, shameless people... now coustomercare line is always busy ... i strongly recommenend NEVER EVER Buy anything from shop your world

Hi all,

Please avoid buying from shopyourworld.com. I had ordered a WDTV media player on 11th Dec and till day they dont have a clue on when they will deliver. My money has been on stake for 2 months. Its a big risk and i seriously doubt on their credibility.

Regards,
Antony

Hi,

I would like to share my story too. Ordered a kindle fire from them 12th Dec. However,they couldn't delivered it within stipulated time frame. I was forced to cancel my order on 18th Jan. Now they are sitting over my money and not releasing it.

Today when I asked about the order status (actually meant refund status), they said I can expect the delivery by 18th to 25th Feb. :mad:

Now please tell me what should I do now? I have initiated a refund from my credit card company. Still to hear any thing from them.

Should I also report the incident on Phredar (CNBC) and Fight back (UTV Bloomberg). At least this will desist other potential buyers from dealing with 'shopyourworld'.

If nothing works, then I will surely lodge an FIR against them. I have got to know that the company is owned by some Mr. Shah and operates out of Adheri, Mumbai. As I also work in Andheri, it won't be problem for me to reach there. If this had to be taken as last resort, then I would also request other members to join me who are duped by them.

Hope I am sounding sane. Experienced members requesting you to help me in this regard.

Best regards

I have made an order on 30th Dec and expected date of delivery was 13th January.. Now around 1.5 month passed.. Still no clue whats happening... Everytime i chat with them they will simply give an expected date of delivery.. But that they will keep on extending.. Dont know what to do now...

Their support team will always tell that the expected delivery dates are from their merchandising team and they cant do anything about delays in shipping... They also told that I cannot directly contact the merchandising team... Dont know such thing even exists.. Dont know how they can simply tell lies each and every time... They r eating on our hard earned money and telling that they cant do anything... One of the worst CC of all time...

Did a mistake... Will never do it again... The best options are GEB and shopabroadonline i think...

Last edited:
Even I have very bad experience with ShopYourWorld.com. I ordered a stuff, which never reached me by the time they said, so I chat with them only to get another dead line. They postponed the deadline 4 times, so after more than 50 days, I cancelled the order, but the problem only intensified after I cancelled. They even did not attend me in their live chat. Some times I waited few hours without getting any one to attend me through live chat and when they did, it was either ALAN or ALEX and both gave useles replies, which were always excuses or repetition, which was unacceptable for me, so i used to speak angrily at them, for which they sent me no reply and said the network is faulty and will chat with me later. At last, I received my money after 5 momths from the day I placed my order. shopwoyrworld.com has very poor customer support. I was thinking of starting a thread on this, but didnot, due to my lazyness. My warning to every one: NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM SHOPYOURWORLD.COM. We Indians are not expendable customers, who can be thrown at their will.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back