shortest connection(2cm) between source to dac an experiment

krell

today i replaced the 1mt cable between my allo DG signature with direct connector(2.5cm)BNC to RCA adapter.NO cable just the adapter , one end connected to the allo DG signature and the other end to my dac cum pre(integra research rdc7.1). the allo dg signature is very light weight and it doesnt cause any stress on the coaxial input of my DAC cum pre.
the result is stunning.
the previous cable is monster audio reference coaxial cable.
if any one have a chance , just try.

Attachments

• 20200108_084217.jpg
    20200108_084217.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 90
  • 20200108_084227.jpg
    20200108_084227.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20200108_084239.jpg
    20200108_084239.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 92
  • bnc_to_rca_male_adapter__22472.jpg
    bnc_to_rca_male_adapter__22472.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 20200108_084221.jpg
    20200108_084221.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 84
Have done similar with usb connection and got good results but was very impractical and connection used to get loose

Is that adaptor BNC female to RCA male?
BNC male to RCA male also available online.
I have read, BNC connection is better for digital signals than RCA.

yes, its bnc female to rca male.
the results are really impressive. my pre doesnt have bnc input. hence adapter was used.

Will try this, did not take this route as i felt BNC is benefited only if it is BNC at both ends.
Now I also wonder if it will be better if we use BNC at one end and RCA at other end of the cable instead of an adapter.

yes, its a definite improvement in my case, my allo bridge had both rca and bnc and i had a bnc adapter lying around unused, hence i tried and i found its very very nice.

The SQ improvement is probably due to using BNC instead of RCA.

A quick google turned up this post: https://www.avforums.com/threads/rca-vs-bnc.133114/#post-1032628
"For (non-balanced) digital and video interconnects, 75ohm termination is important - it stops signal reflections from the termination points bouncing around inside the cable and the inevitable signal degradation resulting from that. (Good) BNC connectors are spot on 75ohm - they were designed to be so. From what I've read on this forum (see the Beekeepers sticky post), 75ohm is actually impossible with RCA phonos due to the physical size of the connector. Canare connectors get close to 75ohms though."

That's a nice little trick. I did compare BNC vs RCA to compare but this is cool. Thanks for sharing. Will give it a try.

"it stops signal reflections from the termination points bouncing around inside the cable and the inevitable signal degradation resulting from that."
In the OP's case, there is no cable so there is no medium for the signals to "bounce around". :)

In all likelyhood, using something like this will give the same results.

1578476616914.png

In the OP's case, there is no cable so there is no medium for the signals to "bounce around". :)

In all likelyhood, using something like this will give the same results.

View attachment 42465
As per my googling connectors need to be compatible with either 75 or 50 ohm applications (excluding the cable). I reckon they will have 'built-in' impedance for that purpose. For example see below listing, it says compatible with 75 Ohm application. If it was zero Ohm then it would be compatible with both 75 and 50 ohms.

today i replaced the 1mt cable between my allo DG signature with direct connector(2.5cm)BNC to RCA adapter.NO cable just the adapter , one end connected to the allo DG signature and the other end to my dac cum pre(integra research rdc7.1). the allo dg signature is very light weight and it doesnt cause any stress on the coaxial input of my DAC cum pre.
the result is stunning.
the previous cable is monster audio reference coaxial cable.
if any one have a chance , just try.
any noticeble changes you may find.

I need a connector from CD player digital coaxial output to AES balanced digital input. pls check this link and suggest if I am right.
or
should I go for coaxial RCA male to RCA male connector which is not there in the site.

YES, i think its the perfect one

No, it's not perfect.

AES/EBU is a three-wire balanced connection whereas a digital coaxial connection is a two-wire unbalanced connection, and the signal formats of the two are different. One can't simply use a physical adapter.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back