Should i be worried and consider a replacement

Damonrenk

During boot, when TV goes to maximum back-light(i think)- I see light bleed in right lower corner of screen and uneven light distribution

I tried to capture the pic, Please check it. I'm afraid to call it clouding/flashing yet. Replacement window is still open for 2 days. Is it normal for TVs during boot ??
I calibrated TV using AVS HD-709 test patterns. I neither observed clouding nor light bleed. It was near perfect during calibration.

PICTURES -
p.s. - In above pics light bleed is shown way too much compared to reality. U can safely assume 30% of it.

Extra- when there's low lit scene or screen filled with grey color, vertical light source of lines are visible when viewed it from side angle with extreme focus. Viewing it in straight angle is alright ? is it common in edge lit LED ?

Last edited:
Call up their service center? If you have two days left, then why take a chance to miss the window.

Just wanted to confirm prior to any move because such type of excessive light is only noticeable on boot logo. Rest everything looks fine for me. Although, the next panel would have no guarantee for being perfect..it could pose more issues as TV panels are always lottery.

U should change it immediately as its a panel issue and panels cant be repaired but only gets replaced. So as u are now within warrenty, immediately go for a replacement and pressurise them u wants a new tv and dont wants to get it repaired.

I calibrated TV using AVS HD-709 test patterns. I neither observed clouding nor light bleed. It was near perfect during calibration.

If it was not detected during calibration, then i think it is safe.. Also as you said, the bleed is visible only during bootup..

is it common in edge lit LED ?

I think this is common for some Edge Lit LED models..

Hope, you have purchased manufacturer extended warranty (If any aval)..

Extra- when there's low lit scene or screen filled with grey color, vertical light source of lines are visible when viewed it from side angle with extreme focus. Viewing it in straight angle is alright ? is it common in edge lit LED ?

Have seen some light bleed with grey color but not with low lit scene's with my Philips (32 Inch) and samsung (26 inch) Tv's .
You should not worry much about this though. Led edge lit do suffer from this inherent problem , especially in lower priced models.
And this Mi brand is a Chinese brand so there could be some quality control issues as well.

But having said that, i would suggest you to get a replacement set, and try your luck.

And don't forget to buy extended warranty

If it was not detected during calibration, then i think it is safe.. Also as you said, the bleed is visible only during bootup..

Exactly , quite right, go for extended warranty

Have seen some light bleed with grey color but not with low lit scene's with my Philips (32 Inch) and samsung (26 inch) Tv's .
You should not worry much about this though. Led edge lit do suffer from this inherent problem , especially in lower priced models.
And this Mi brand is a Chinese brand so there could be some quality control issues as well.

But having said that, i would suggest you to get a replacement set, and try your luck.

And don't forget to buy extended warranty

Will be doing another extensive test for a day and request a replacement.
Dad denied me to purchase extended warranty as TV already priced below. He told me to gamble...God bless !

Static images and blinking grey lines. U can search google for AVS HD 709. It's very popular in TV community.
I thought so, thats why i asked. Your problem maybe of the display's ability to handle moving images (which is what probably happens in bootup). Check with a callibration disk which will have test videos for display testing.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back