Should I discard my M-Audio & NVIDIA 8500 GT?

Vijay_s

I replaced my my motherboard with intel DG45ID media series, video audio configuration as follows,

# Audio: 8-Channel Intel High Definition Audio (7.1); IDT 92HD73E audio codec chip
# Audio I/O: 5 analog outputs, one optical (toslink) S/PDIF output
# Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD onboard with HDMI and DVI+I output

With this configuration do i need to keep my NVIDIA 8500 GT grafic card and M-Audio 2496 audio card? Your valuable suggestions appreciated.

Well onbrd SC & M-aud can be used whenever needed with both installed on system.I am using Xonar & realteck only by changing settings.
If you r giving 8500,my bro in Blore is interested.
Onbrd graphics & GC cant be used together.

I replaced my my motherboard with intel DG45ID media series, video audio configuration as follows,

# Audio: 8-Channel Intel High Definition Audio (7.1); IDT 92HD73E audio codec chip
# Audio I/O: 5 analog outputs, one optical (toslink) S/PDIF output
# Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD onboard with HDMI and DVI+I output

With this configuration do i need to keep my NVIDIA 8500 GT grafic card and M-Audio 2496 audio card? Your valuable suggestions appreciated.

Dont discard your sound card and grapphic card.
Your sound card has way better DAC than your onboard sound.
Similarly your Graphic card would be miles ahead in gaming and should also handle High Def with ease.

Agree with all others who have posted. The onboard SC is no match for the M-audio and i feel same for the graphics card.
As you can see already 3 people are interested in buying incase if you wish to discard, so that can give you an idea ;)

Agree with all others who have posted. The onboard SC is no match for the M-audio and i feel same for the graphics card.
As you can see already 3 people are interested in buying incase if you wish to discard, so that can give you an idea ;)

correctly said,I always beleive in dedicated devices like GC(mine 7300) SC(D2X), considering power onbrd solution is handy.

Keep both, you have a great combo. If you are averse to changing settings often to switch between sound cards (multi-channel and stereo), have two Operating Systems say Linux. On Linux, install the drivers for the M-audio Sound card. On windows set up only the onboard sound card. Use windows for watching movies and Linux for music.

Keep both, you have a great combo. If you are averse to changing settings often to switch between sound cards (multi-channel and stereo), have two Operating Systems say Linux. On Linux, install the drivers for the M-audio Sound card. On windows set up only the onboard sound card. Use windows for watching movies and Linux for music.

What an idea sirji... I never though about it.
Do we need ASIO or similar driver in linux or ALSA compensate it?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back