Showcase your audio/video setup here!......

He has joined slimming classes, but he is a great guy, very slim at mind. If on any week-end, if we 3 can meet, i will come.

Vinay.

Sure, please co-ordinate and make it next weekend or whenever convenient.

Still possible to interchange the positions(desk/ laptop docked = spk):)

In case I do something like that, i.e. move the left speaker about 2-3 feet away, what happens to the position of the centre speaker? Can I leave it as it is? What about the TV?

In case I do something like that, i.e. move the left speaker about 2-3 feet away, what happens to the position of the centre speaker? Can I leave it as it is? What about the TV?

You can shift centre a bit as it wont cause any prob.It can give space for spk & its sound field ,you can enjoy more of spk with mov & nusic too.
You can even try shifting LCD too.You will feel the effect better than now.

You can try & if it dont work,you can keep again as now.

I'm using the Yamaha AX900 to drive Cadence DS/Diva's. Source is Marantz CD5001.
Yamaha AX900(1987) has 130wpc @8ohms. I would like to know if any of our forum members are using or have used the same amp and would like to know their experience with it. i'd bought the amp from an agent in Chennai and only the balance pot seems to be giving some trouble(noise when i turn it L/R). This amp has a CD Direct button which will bypass the Preamp section with only the Volume pot in control.
I think CD Direct is a great option without all the filters in the path. Its driving my Cadence DS/Diva's very well, soundstage, imaging, bass is good. would like to hear from other members....
pics comingup...

Last edited:
View attachment 1038View attachment 1039

Pic 1 - Front view & Pic 2 - Rear view

Panasonic TH-42PV7, Yamaha RX-V440, CA DVD99, Marantz CD 5001, Jamo E 430 (Flrs), Wharfedale 9.CS (centre), Yamaha NS-P430 (surround L, R, C), Yamaha SW 015 (sub), DAC ACFP-A06 (surge protector), cables (DAC, Monoprice), HDMI switcher 5x1 (Monoprice).

Tatasky is conspicuous by its absence. That's because its located in another room connected to a 29' Sony CRT. I have deliberately not connected it to the plasma to prevent unwanted invasion based on TV show timings !!!

Last edited:
Nice arrangement,but I guess RT frnt is coming in the way of Door.

Yeah, it does look like that from the pic. Actually though, the Rt Frnt Spk is far enough away from the rear wall / door to give sufficient room to the door to describe its opening / closing arc. No probs there.

The floor is carpeted (corner of carpet visible in bottom left hand corner of Pic 1). However, the side walls are relatively bare. Have to do something about that.

I am getting some surround speaker wall stands (hinged - from Monoprice) so that the surrounds can be tilted away from the wall at the exact angle to point directly at my ears. Should help somewhat.

Any other suggestions anyone (apart from the obvious one - same manufacturer matching of the flrs and the centre channel:)) ?

Any other suggestions anyone (apart from the obvious one - same manufacturer matching of the flrs and the centre channel:)) ?[/QUOTE]

Hi
You have a nice setup . Its Better to use the same Company speakers through out , since the sound traveling across the speakers will be alike. Whats the size of your room?

Yeah. Wharfedale 9.5 is on the wishlist. The problem is, what do I do with the Jamo pair ??

Please PM me the price and condition it is in. I would be interested in the Jamos E430s as I have a pair of E470s to timbre-match. I plan to use these as my surround speakers.

Last edited:
My setup,

LCD
Sony Bravia 37KLV

AMPS
Pulz RS-100
Audiosource Amp One

Speakers
Peerless
Locally made enclosures

Speaker wires
Audioquest FLX/X 16/2

HTPC
Silverstone LC16MR
Gigabyte MOBO GA-MA78GM-US2H
Amd Phenom II 920 CPU
1TB Seagate
4GB Corsair RAM
Corsair 750w SMPS

OS - WIN7
iMEDIAN multimedia centre

Attachments

• setupA.jpg
    setupA.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 768
  • setupB.jpg
    setupB.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 766
Last edited:
Andrei!!

You have a good setup here. I feel the bookshelf is spoiling the outlook. I suggest you move the bookshelf elsewhere in the house and lay your equipment on a rack/ table top under the tv. This shall make your setup look neat.

Sumit

Hi

Thanks

I'm not sure about the exact specs of the peerless, what I know is they are 8ohm x 4 drivers. 100wpc

About the bookshelf, this is a temp arrangement till I get a good rack. Any suggestions on where to look for one, I'm in Mumbai

Andrei

Last edited:
Andrei,
Can you comment on the performance of the Audiosource amp? I hear it's good sound for decent price. How does it sound compared to the other budget amps (Marantz, Norge Cambridge Audio)?

Thanks,
Ajinkya.

Guys,

Here is some pictures of my HT setup... Do write your valuable comments :)

Sudhish.

Last edited:
Nice components. But, if you could...

1. Hide all cables somewhat.
2. Move the PC setup away, and bring the FS closer to 10 feet distance apart.
3. Put a carpet or rug in front of the FS to cancel the first reflection point.

You're in for a step-up in SQ from current SQ.

:)

Last edited:
Sudhish!! My critical reply is as under>

1.Placing the center channel on top of the AVR is a bad idea. AVR's need to properly vented. Can u arrange the components in the following order:
top shelf: Center channel
middle : AVR
bottom: Source + PS3

2. I am unable to understand whats on the bottom shelf? Can u tell me?

3. Whats is b/w the sub and FR speaker? It is recommended to move the same.

4. It appears that the Tv is not centered- as in the front speakers should be equidistant from the TV. And, to tell you straight- Man that pc table is killing it all!! Please dont mind but you have good equipment here and it is not being used its full potential!

Rest, I agree with David: do something about the wires ( PVC casing) and a rug in front of the speakers.

On a softer note: It is good to know that you have a toddler at home and you probably play tennis!!

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back