"SOLSTICE" MLTL Designed by Late Mr. Jeff Bagby (RIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about preference and affordability. Even a bipolar electrolytic will do if on a budget I have used Epcos motor and pump capacitors with good success.
I second this , while trying some prototyping I swapped couple of Mundorf (regular white ones) with some industry caps of the same value and honeslty it sounded the same. Again it totally depends on where in our circuit do we have those caps so that their goodness won't reach the driver. For anextreme example if we connect a 2 uf cap in series with a subwoofer, whether its of mundorf silver oil or cheap noname stuff it won't make any difference as the sub simply won't have any response in the place where the capacitors brilliance lies. So many variables here. Sometimes they make sense. Most of the time not.

The color chosen on the Solstice is quite unique - a medium chocolate toffee color - look forward to seeing how this color scheme comes up in the next coat maybe.

Its a departure from the conventional choices - black / walnut / mahogany or dark brown...

today is winter solstice !!

please dont forget to see the night sky ( even with the naked eye ) for the great conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn on the day of the winter Solstice !

Next one like this will be in March 2080 - after we are gone.

have a good day all !

today is winter solstice !!

please dont forget to see the night sky ( even with the naked eye ) for the great conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn on the day of the winter Solstice !

Next one like this will be in March 2080 - after we are gone.

have a good day all !
Around 23.13 IST according to Dr. James O'Donoghue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back