Some good list of 3D movies to watch

andy78

Guys can someone suggest some good 3D movies.
It's been some time since I bought my Samsung D6000 model but haven't watched any 3D content yet especially movie.

Few of them I have watched in last 6 months:
1. Avatar
2. Adventures of Tintin
3. IMAX - 3D - Under Sea Water (Documentary) : Amazing 3D effects - I was really horrified to see under-sea creatures in 3D

Also, I'll recommend to watch HUGO as well in 3D. It's a pretty good movie in 2D itself, just try to watch it in 3D as well.

you have a 3D Bluray player?
Not yet but may get some 3D Blu Ray rips from friends.
By the way what's the difference between normal Blu Ray Player and 3D Blu Ray Player? Any additional feature wrt Video or Audio which can't be delivered by a non 3D blu ray player.
Few of them I have watched in last 6 months:
1. Avatar
2. Adventures of Tintin
3. IMAX - 3D - Under Sea Water (Documentary) : Amazing 3D effects - I was really horrified to see under-sea creatures in 3D

Also, I'll recommend to watch HUGO as well in 3D. It's a pretty good movie in 2D itself, just try to watch it in 3D as well.
Hugo has just released in theaters right if not mistaken.
Watched Tintin already I will check out the other two even though I watched Avatar.

watched HUGO in 2D sometime back, was a bit disappointed.............guess was expecting so much more. Maybe looks better in 3D.

To watch 3D on bluray you need a 3D bluray player. A non 3D bluray player will not be able to play 3D movies.

To watch 3D on bluray you need a 3D bluray player. A non 3D bluray player will not be able to play 3D movies.

You mean to say the 3D Blu Ray disk itself will not be playable on a Non-3D Blu Ray player or it will play but we will not get desired Audio/Video effects?

Hugo is one of the best 3D movies out there :) Every scene has been conceptualized and created for 3D !!! It has to be watched in 3D !!!

You mean to say the 3D Blu Ray disk itself will not be playable on a Non-3D Blu Ray player or it will play but we will not get desired Audio/Video effects?

Right now all the 3D Blurays play in all 3D Bluray players. Some 3D movies have the 2D option locked, but they also might come with a 2D version of the film on a separate disk. It appears some Blu-rays disks are encoded to only play in 3D. So even if you have a 3D Blu-ray player but it is hooked up to a 2D TV is will not play. This is true of the latest Harry Potter movie and probabley a lot of other movies that give you both a 3D version and a 2D Blu-ray version.

Actually, there are two possible reasons why 2D playback is locked out on some 3D discs.

1: The money excuse

2: The quality. When you play back the 2D image of a 3D file, it's just playing one of the eyes. This means that it may show up stuff not meant to be seen. One such is the portion of 3D window (The moving black bars on the side). If you view a 3D disc in 2D, sometimes, you'll see a black bar creep in a little or a lot from the side. This bothers some consumers quite a lot. Another thing that could be shown up by 2D playback of a 3D image is a 'halo' around objects. This is most commonly seen on moives that were converted into 3D.

Right now all the 3D Blurays play in all 3D Bluray players. Some 3D movies have the 2D option locked, but they also might come with a 2D version of the film on a separate disk. It appears some Blu-rays disks are encoded to only play in 3D. So even if you have a 3D Blu-ray player but it is hooked up to a 2D TV is will not play. This is true of the latest Harry Potter movie and probabley a lot of other movies that give you both a 3D version and a 2D Blu-ray version.

Actually, there are two possible reasons why 2D playback is locked out on some 3D discs.

1: The money excuse

2: The quality. When you play back the 2D image of a 3D file, it's just playing one of the eyes. This means that it may show up stuff not meant to be seen. One such is the portion of 3D window (The moving black bars on the side). If you view a 3D disc in 2D, sometimes, you'll see a black bar creep in a little or a lot from the side. This bothers some consumers quite a lot. Another thing that could be shown up by 2D playback of a 3D image is a 'halo' around objects. This is most commonly seen on moives that were converted into 3D.

Aakash my apologies I saw an exact same comment in Blu Ray Forums on similar thread. You didn't do a copy paste right from there?

I watched atleast 15 3D movies so far on my sammy, havent seen Avatar but I can safely say that would be the best. Apart from other regular choices (Hugo, Tintin, Under sea), a real surprise for me was Final Destination 3D.

Its the sheer effect of 3D in death scenes that I was surprised too see. Apart from that, I would also recommend Pirates of the Caribbean, 3 musketeers (for 3d effect only) and South Africa World Cup 3d (you will get a real feel of the stadium in this 3d Docu on latest world cup in SA).

I am sure there would be many more coming from the experts :)

Copy pasting without mentioning the source is against forum rules. IMHO, one should write based on his experience and not by plagiarizing someone else's work. Most of his posts are very useful whether copied or not, but speaking based on experience will give more authenticity to the posts. An equally interesting post would be this.

Copy pasting without mentioning the source is against forum rules. IMHO, one should write based on his experience and not by plagiarizing someone else's work. Most of his posts are very useful whether copied or not, but speaking based on experience will give more authenticity to the posts. An equally interesting post would be this.

Baiju by appreciating such work for being useful, dont encourage plagiarism yaar. They should be warned to refrain from such cheap practice even if it helps others.

Most of the members who join here expect to get practical and honest advice. If not, why would they ask queries or suggestions in this forum when google is free for all.

If someone searches in google, it would show up two results, the original page and this duplicate page on hfv. It brings bad name to our forum. It will lose its ingenuity.

Hi,
Sammys advnture-available with amazon.co.UK is a good one,superb 3D..yogi bear,despicable me,hugo,avatar are good ones.these are the good ones in my collection..Pirates of crbn,resdnt evil aftr life not the best..Ordered today Underworld awakening,tin tin,born wild 3D movies from amazon US today..Will comment once i watch these ..

Apart from the suggested movies, you must watch A Christmas Carol, its seems like its made exclusively for 3D.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk

Even Step up 3D has amazing 3D visuals, it just blows you away. Other good ones i recommend are Imax Under the Sea, Imax Tahiti, Despicable Me, Hugo, Transformers 3, Tron Legacy, Avatar, Rio, HP 7 part 2. Even several others are good but these are recommended ones.

Good one Andy
This is that link
forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=160099
Its simply a copy paste.
He should regret, not you.

I was trying to search solution for my query in google and I had found the above link mentioned by you.
However I thought when I have guys out here in HIFI who would have practical experience in all this it's better I post it here.

Agree with you. What he is copy pasting maybe true but still he may have not tried it and we may assume it will work.
Baiju by appreciating such work for being useful, dont encourage plagiarism yaar. They should be warned to refrain from such cheap practice even if it helps others.

Most of the members who join here expect to get practical and honest advice. If not, why would they ask queries or suggestions in this forum when google is free for all.

If someone searches in google, it would show up two results, the original page and this duplicate page on hfv. It brings bad name to our forum. It will lose its ingenuity.
I completely agree with you on this.

However I do agree that he is very helpful but now I will have a doubt whenever he replies to any of the queries.

I watched atleast 15 3D movies so far on my sammy, havent seen Avatar but I can safely say that would be the best. Apart from other regular choices (Hugo, Tintin, Under sea), a real surprise for me was Final Destination 3D.

Its the sheer effect of 3D in death scenes that I was surprised too see. Apart from that, I would also recommend Pirates of the Caribbean, 3 musketeers (for 3d effect only) and South Africa World Cup 3d (you will get a real feel of the stadium in this 3d Docu on latest world cup in SA).

I am sure there would be many more coming from the experts :)
Didn't Hugo release just sometime back? Can I have more details on the Under Sea series?
Also where would I get the worldcup documentary?
Hi,
Sammys advnture-available with amazon.co.UK is a good one,superb 3D..yogi bear,despicable me,hugo,avatar are good ones.these are the good ones in my collection..Pirates of crbn,resdnt evil aftr life not the best..Ordered today Underworld awakening,tin tin,born wild 3D movies from amazon US today..Will comment once i watch these ..
Thanks for your suggestions!
Apart from the suggested movies, you must watch A Christmas Carol, its seems like its made exclusively for 3D.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk
Thanks Bro!
Even Step up 3D has amazing 3D visuals, it just blows you away. Other good ones i recommend are Imax Under the Sea, Imax Tahiti, Despicable Me, Hugo, Transformers 3, Tron Legacy, Avatar, Rio, HP 7 part 2. Even several others are good but these are recommended ones.

Thanks!

Are all of these that have been recommended by you all which are Blu Ray Disks that you have bought?

Are all of these that have been recommended by you all which are Blu Ray Disks that you have bought?

I have the sbs bluray rips dude :) . If you dont wanna use pirated you are free to buy the blurays, these are just my recommendations :)

Yeah, I actually have the world cup 3d, bought it from Hyderabad sometime back :)

Hugo - I saw it by renting it from a local blu ray rental shop in Gurgaon few weeks back. In fact in last two months most of the 3d movies I watched was rented from the library.

For Imax 3d videos suggested, I would recommend buying original Blu ray as I have noticed major picture Q differnece between Downloaded and original format.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back