Some of my prized vinyl collections

just4kix

These are some of my prized vinyl collections. The astounding thing is that I purchased them for 10p (2001 A Space Odyssey) and 20p (The Beatles) at a Church yard sale in UK.
a4e9ybud.jpg
asyhemyg.jpg

aqa8yma3.jpg
heqaryvy.jpg

e2a9uhyn.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

just4kix, at 10p and 20p that was one helluva bargain! Do you have a TT already?

Yes. I wanted to pick many more but did not have enough baggage space. I very much regret now. These beauties were picked up in 1993 and today I realize that the vinyls are worth gold.

I do have a Pioneer stereo system with a turntable.

Just4kix,
I have that Beatles record too, love the SQ on it. Mine's a holland pressing.

p = pounds, not paise :)

In my crazy language, L = pounds :yahoo:

(and d used to = pennies, but at least they updated to to p at decimalisation)

(ok pedants: yes, at decimalisation, it was np, "new pennies")

Just4kix,
I have that Beatles record too, love the SQ on it. Mine's a holland pressing.

p = pounds, not paise :)
Santhosh, I do remember friends who studied in UK mentioning often that they got this at XX p at Tesco on a special offer and so on.:D
And ofcourse, it would be not really " astounding" as just4kix put it to buy it 10 or 20 pounds.

And ofcourse, it would be not really "astounding" as just4kix put it to buy it 10 or 20 pounds.

Absolutely. And that is the reason that they are my prized collections. I don't have too many vinyls - just 14 lp's and 6 45 rpm's. Must have lost an equal number over the years - lost or broken. In those days I did not have enough money to spend on records. Last purchase I remember was in 1986, when I purchased Pt. Ravi Shankar's sitar solo lp for Rs. 100+ something. It was a princely sum in those days, enough to feed you in a diner mess for half a month.

Hence I could hardly believe my luck that I managed to pick up those two sets (3 lp's in all) for 30 pence. Even converting at the then prevailing exchange rate, the whole deal worked out to less than Rs. 160. :)

Last edited:
Santhosh, I do remember friends who studied in UK mentioning often that they got this at XX p at Tesco on a special offer and so on.:D
And ofcourse, it would be not really " astounding" as just4kix put it to buy it 10 or 20 pounds.

p, in UK is always pennies and never pounds except in the complete 3-letter currency abbreviation GBP. Not everyone has a symbol on their keyboard.

just4kix, nice finds! real treasures

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back