Sony 728 or nething else?

Yogesh

No Where Near to where I want to be yet...
I am planning to buy a DVD player. I have shortlisted Sony 728. I am also interested in Pioneer 610/490.

Pl advice me, which one? If any other DVD player is better. It should have HDMI, USB with video playback. Headphone or Microphone Jack( karaoke) desirable.

I will be using it with HTiB, so advice me what else I should look for.

Regards,

Yogesh.

What's your budget? Lots of people are raving lately about the CA DVD99. Check it out here http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-playe...rs/4188-oppo-cambridge-audio-dvd-players.html.

I am planning to buy a DVD player. I have shortlisted Sony 728. I am also interested in Pioneer 610/490.

Pl advice me, which one? If any other DVD player is better. It should have HDMI, USB with video playback. Headphone or Microphone Jack( karaoke) desirable.

I will be using it with HTiB, so advice me what else I should look for.

Regards,

Yogesh.

See if Sony Has USB I do not think so
Also format support is an issue ..My take - Philips or samsung and then LG in your budget.
Onida has quality issues.....

And if you find in grey Pioneer 610 - Too good than above models and less than 7 K in grey..

Budget up to 8-10K. Sony 728 has USB with DivX video support. It is latest DVP from sony.

Pioneer 610 specs impress me. But, if it's not officially availabe, what about tech support/service?

Regards,

Yogesh.

Last edited:
Performance wise Oppo is the best followed by Pioneer.

Budget wise Philips is the best.

The rest are all somewhere in between and not all that good IMHO.

Like @hemantwaghe said if you can get Pioneer in gray market then nothing like it. But if the Pioneer is costing more then check out the CA DVD99 too as I mentioned.

The Sony costs 5K. At that cost you can also get a Philips that will perform better than Sony and probably come along with a free HDMI cable too. Sony is more robust looking, but I've not had an issue with my Philips. But with my Sony it has problem reading all discs and has been retired to my parents bedroom to act as a CDP. I still continue to use my Philips almost daily to watch movies, Divx rips, etc. It reads all formats including Divx/Xvid (comes with Divx certification unlike the Sony) and plays every disc I throw at it. At the cost of 3-4K I'm very happy and impressed with the Philips. For anything more I use the Oppo. Hope this clarifies things...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back